Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. Headsculpt List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm pretty new around here and it's been very welcoming so far :)

This sculptor has some awesome samples on his website. I know HT will be doing something cool, but I have really gotten the 'custom' bug, so put me down for one of these!! :D

This sculptor has some awesome samples on his website. I know HT will be doing something cool, but I have really gotten the 'custom' bug, so put me down for one of these!! :D

Haha, thats the spirit buddy! I've got you down and now the total per person is only $27.78. Keep it coming guys, I'd be fine with 2 more people so it falls less than $25 per person but lets see how many we can get :)

I went ahead and put you on the list Profbobo, you'll definately be able to find a painter here whether it be Les, DA, Myself, and many others in this forum. Price jumps down to $31.25 per person now. YAY, come on guys at least 2 more people.

Chris

That's for sure. There have NEVER been so many painters before. Your options are limitless. We all have different prices and styles. It just comes down to preference.

I can guarantee one thing though, we all take FOREVER to paint. :lol

Hello, everyone! Chris Howes here, the sculptor for the proposed Robert Downey, Jr. head group commission that Kuato (Chris) is kindly organizing.

I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. I'm new to the 1/6 custom world. However, I'm not new to the collectible world. In fact, I've been in the Toy and Collectible business for 20 years as a designer and sculptor. There's a good chance you've seen my work at some point if you've walked down the toy aisle at your local mega mart.

I've worked on some fairly prominent products from action figures and model kits for Jurassic Park to Star trek to Star Wars to Austin Powers and so much else it's hard to keep track.

I've also had work in a number of Movies and TV shows, most notably Independence Day and Third Rock from the Sun.

Now I'm getting involved in Custom work. Got REAL tired of the corporate world and I'd much rather work with people who have a passion for what they do.

Anyway, I'll be around if anyone has any sculpting questions. Check out my web page to see a selection from my portfolio of work from throughout the years at https://www.chowes.com.

Here's a sample of an Arnold head I just completed. First cast is on it's way to Kuato!
gov.jpg

I promise I'll do my utmost to nail RDJ's likeness better than you've seen it before.

-Chris Howes

welcome chris! you have some really impressive works. you nailed it talking about passion here. thats something everyone of us her shares. im looking forward to seeing some new heads . which also brings me to ADD ME TO THIS DOWNEY LIST KUATO! see you on the boards :chew

So glad you chimed in Chris. Everyone has nothing but kind words to say about your work. As you can see we are all very excited about the sculpt as well, and i'm sure you'll Nail his likeness, Just look at that Arnold :). Plus now everyone can ask you questions if they wish :)

Added you to the list drjedisith.

Awesome. Kuato, can you update the original list and put me down for two? Can't wait to see how this turns out.

$22.72 per person, Hope you maybes know you'll get casts sufficiently cheaper than the public if your a part of the group commission, just something to think about. I'm ready to stop at the next 2 people just to get this sculpt started. What do you guys think??

$22.72 per person, Hope you maybes know you'll get casts sufficiently cheaper than the public if your a part of the group commission, just something to think about. I'm ready to stop at the next 2 people just to get this sculpt started. What do you guys think??
Oh what the hell. I'm in.

I may not be a part of this, solely because I think Hot Toys will be doing one, and aside from that, and I know it's a good price, but painting, shipping to me, to painter, to me, as well as all the yada yada yada. Well, kudos to all who are taking part. You will end up with an exemplary headsculpt. Unique and distinctive. Definitely something to cherish. Just from an outsiders point of view, the safe bet is this one.
fuygpe.jpg

It has intensity, it has the look that something is happening. His eyes are forward focussed, it helps when displaying a figure, and allows more options, such as tilting the head. The intensity is something that, most probably, wont be a part of a mass produced figure, that would, more than likely, settle for a more mundane expression.

Last edited:
I'd love the first one, the Tuxedo Tony Stark. In reality when HT does one it'll be probably the focused Testing face sculpt or the messied one when the helmet is smashed. We will probably not get a casual TS so give me that one!

I like the one Creecher has indicated as my first choice as well as the one on the lower right hand corner of the pics you've posted as my second choice, Chris. I like the intensity of RDJ's expressions in those 2 photos. I could go with the "sunglasses" pic as my third choice. :joy

I don't like the slicked back hair at all. :p

Thanks for asking for input. :D

Hello everyone,

Looks like 11 people have signed up on Kuato's list, so I'm going to get started roughing him out. I'll post a photo of the rough likeness as soon as I can.

With 11 people the price per person for one copy each is $22.72. If anyone on the list wants an additional copy, they will be $10.00 each. Please let me know if you want more than 1 at [email protected]. Priority Shipping flat rate within the USA is $5.00. Outside the USA please email me so I can arrange the most economical shipping for your country

My PayPal address is also [email protected] if you'd like to send payment! :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back