Iron Man Mark XLII Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your review of this piece. Like you, I really wanted this to turn out amazing, but after your review and some of the comments in this thread, now I having second thoughts. Looking forward to your thoughts on the paint application over the weekend. Also does it have lumps in the casting? Some have said from certain angles its not perfectly smooth

I'm sorry to hear that you're having second thoughts. I don't 'really' regret getting the piece, and I'm sure I'll appreciate it more as time goes by as I usually do. As for whatever nitpicks I may have now seem to diminish over time.

It's just that I feel that all thoughts on the piece should be pointed out to fellow collectors, rather than broad statements that it is a 'great/amazing' piece as is so common sometimes even when the statue is subpar. Just so no one gets burned for getting a piece that they weren't expecting as far as build quality goes.

Paint app thoughts maybe tomorrow, but so far I haven't noticed and lumps in the casting. And I may not check as if I haven't noticed it yet, it's probably acceptable.

Just seen this bumped five times... by you :lol

Yeah. Sorry about that. Don't know how to put multiple posts/replies, comments etc. and replying on the iPad is a bit awkward with the comments.

And here I go bumping this thread again :slap

I'll try to stay silent for at least a day.

Well show him how to multi quote Col :tap
:lol

Screenshot_2015-06-13-00-28-25.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that you're having second thoughts. I don't 'really' regret getting the piece, and I'm sure I'll appreciate it more as time goes by as I usually do. As for whatever nitpicks I may have now seem to diminish over time.

It's just that I feel that all thoughts on the piece should be pointed out to fellow collectors, rather than broad statements that it is a 'great/amazing' piece as is so common sometimes even when the statue is subpar. Just so no one gets burned for getting a piece that they weren't expecting as far as build quality goes.

Paint app thoughts maybe tomorrow, but so far I haven't noticed and lumps in the casting. And I may not check as if I haven't noticed it yet, it's probably acceptable.

Thanks for your recent comments- I think I am more leaning toward getting this bust. I'm traveling for work and on vacation over the next two weeks, so I have some time to make a decision. I'll be monitoring this thread while I'm traveling.

I'm afraid to argue at the expense of the quality of the painting, but Sideshow like bad painting. I sometimes think that they hire first-graders that they during one lesson paint statues. I made sure to bust 1:1 Carnage very sloppy painting of joints, which should be black divorces.

Thanks for your recent comments- I think I am more leaning toward getting this bust. I'm traveling for work and on vacation over the next two weeks, so I have some time to make a decision. I'll be monitoring this thread while I'm traveling.

Decided against this bust and instead picked up an EFX Captain America shield from BBTS instead. Shield arrived today and is amazing looking. It's going in my office and will get mounted on the wall tomorrow. Will post a pic in the EFX thread when I get a chance.

Decided against this bust and instead picked up an EFX Captain America shield from BBTS instead. Shield arrived today and is amazing looking. It's going in my office and will get mounted on the wall tomorrow. Will post a pic in the EFX thread when I get a chance.

I've got the efx Shield as well. One of the main reasons that I got the bust was that I had both the efx shield and hammer, and I needed something of equivalent size for Iron Man.

But out of the three I reckon that the Mjolnir is the most impressive. I'll never regret buying it off of eBay.

Oh man..SS should change the chinese painters very fast.I hear from this problems every new release.
And the lightweight and cheap feeling material is a no go in my eyes.Thats why I love my Ironman props from Museums Replicas.. very heavy and made from real metal.Feels like real armor and looks like this.

22290892am.jpg

Has anyone heard of a custom arc reactor solution for any of the IM LSBs? Filling that big blank circle on my mark XLVII would really hit it home.

Hey all, I have a chance to get this 20%off for 845 us dollars shipped. Is that a good price for this piece? A little torn on getting this. To those who have it, are you satisfied with the paint job?

SS has $150 off code for this guy, but of course it gets waitlisted almost immediately.

I'm guessing it will be back in stock once the sale is over

$150 off wasn't enough of a discount for me. If there was free shipping too, I prolly would've gone for one.

Decided to pick this big guy up. I actually think he turned out really nice minus the issues. Iv been promised mine is all good so fingers crossed :pray:

Back