Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read that the maquette does have paint issues. Will still get this, but why do their iron man products always have paint issues?

Just read that the maquette does have paint issues. Will still get this, but why do their iron man products always have paint issues?

It seems to be mostly polish that's causing a ruckus for this one. If anything, people should be able to polish this piece over just like the bust.

It seems to be mostly polish that's causing a ruckus for this one. If anything, people should be able to polish this piece over just like the bust.

agreed, when i got my Life size bust it looked really shabby and dull, but a once over with a car polish and micro fiber cloth and its a totally new and amazing Piece, i didn't go crazy and give it an ultra high gloss finish, i could have but i perfered the shiny look not glossy.....this will prob need the same thing for those of you who feel its missing that shine

All I know is for 5 bills if this doesn't meet my expectations when it arrives it's going back and I'll take my refund...life goes on.

agreed, when i got my Life size bust it looked really shabby and dull, but a once over with a car polish and micro fiber cloth and its a totally new and amazing Piece, i didn't go crazy and give it an ultra high gloss finish, i could have but i perfered the shiny look not glossy.....this will prob need the same thing for those of you who feel its missing that shine

Care to share which polish you used? :D

I'm in Canada too so I should be able to find the same thing.

Carnuba.jpg

Actually any non abrasive polish will do, i believe i used something by Meguiars but mothers is good too as Ski already pointed out :D

Really? Car polish. Who'd have thunk that. :lol

it worked incredibly well!!!!

when i applied it to the gold part of the face and let it haze up, i then went to remove it and you wouldn't believe how BLACK the cloth got, i actually freaked out and thought i was removing the gold paint but all i was doing was removing the ____ that was stuck on top, once i got it all off the faceplate looked incredible....and still does!! :D

I might do that. Thanks for the tip.

No prob, just remember not to be afraid to apply pressure when removing the polish, i know there were a few threads on this somewhere on here, try searching and you'll see some examples

good luck :duff

Back