Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The steel accents have always been a point of contention. The early drawings and production art didn't have them. The Hasbro items do not have them. Yet the Video Game does, the Koto statue has one with and one without previewed. It should be interesting to see which is actually accurate.

PH6qSa86uXUs9d_1_m.jpg

PHAB8ECAP10kDG_1_m.jpg

mark-5-armor.jpg

091125ironman201.jpg

In the still I posted above you can see the "unpainted" areas. Some think that it will be touched up by the time the film is released, other are thinking its the beginnings of a Battle Damaged version.

I'm not much for accuracy as I don't really see the point in 500 variants of this super hero but all I want is it to come to a close enough representation of the movie and have good paint apps and a solid/heavy sculpt for the $$$.

Just my 500 cents.

The hasbro mark VI figures have the gold color around the biceps and knee area, but the movie trailers shows the grey biceps and knee. The promotional pictures also show the grey. Maybe Stark recolored the suit later on in the movie. It looks way better in gold.

ironman2201003091101187.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not much for accuracy as I don't really see the point in 500 variants of this super hero but all I want is it to come to a close enough representation of the movie and have good paint apps and a solid/heavy sculpt for the $$$.
Just my 500 cents.

Pretty much how i feel too!!!

The steel accents have always been a point of contention. The early drawings and production art didn't have them. The Hasbro items do not have them. Yet the Video Game does, the Koto statue has one with and one without previewed. It should be interesting to see which is actually accurate.
In the still I posted above you can see the "unpainted" areas. Some think that it will be touched up by the time the film is released, other are thinking its the beginnings of a Battle Damaged version.

Hope they stay I really like em.

It is possible that the Mark VI was unfinished by the time Tony needs it and so it starts with the steel accents but by the end of the film after he has defeated Hammer and Vanko that he completes the process to give us a firm red/gold. Therefore both would be accurate just in different "times".

They changed the design of the armor in post production so what Legacy designed and built isn't exactly what we'll see on screen. But I think that Sideshow/Legacy are making changes to this maquette so that it matches the onscreen color scheme.

I'm not sure if the base lights up.

They changed the design of the armor in post production so what Legacy designed and built isn't exactly what we'll see on screen. But I think that Sideshow/Legacy are making changes to this maquette so that it matches the onscreen color scheme.

I'm not sure if the base lights up.

Light up base???

Light up base would be very nice, a change like that would be a great collectible. I know others had lights on them like the Hulk vs dio but it's been a while since I've wanted a piece with lights from Sideshow.

Back