Iron Man Mark II Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my latest for 2016, SSC MK II.
It came out very good. Lights work good and I didnt see any major issues at all. In fact I had to look for the paint runs, it was hard to see any issues at all. I think you will all be very pleased. Please note these pics were taken by a IPhone 5.

And my latest for 2016, SSC MK II.
It came out very good. Lights work good and I didnt see any major issues at all. In fact I had to look for the paint runs, it was hard to see any issues at all. I think you will all be very pleased. Please note these pics were taken by a IPhone 5.
:thud:
Woah!!!! Your pictures are AAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING!!!!

I can't wait to see when mine arrives (later this year), but THANKS to your pix, I have faith in this piece!

I'm pretty convinced SSC is never going to do a truly solid IM piece ever again...some might be able to stomach this or mark 42 and get a "decent" one but compared to paint jobs on IM pieces from other studios, it's not even close.

there are so many other companies doing IM so much better than SS. The only edge SS has is that nobody else is doing 1:1 busts.

there are so many other companies doing IM so much better than SS. The only edge SS has is that nobody else is doing 1:1 busts.

I think alot of companies are getting better yes but the cost to value ratio is still better for most of us. The prices are increasing way too much and this is not the same hobby it used to be!
I think if I had a prefect MK II with prefect package and application from outside of USA then I would be well over $1K for it. This is half the price, I can look and see some small paint runs, but price is better I can have it repainted if I want. Not saying I would.

the thing is, collectors who live outside of the US are paying waaay more for SS products.

Geography determines price more than anything else these days.

Hey everyone, I've been on the forum a while but don't post much. I'm more of a comic guy than statue collector per say but i do have several Sideshow pieces.

I just received the Mark II and it is by far the most impressive statue that Sideshow has done for Iron Man. This piece is better than the Mark 42 statue and just as good if not better than the Mark 1 PF I have.

I guarantee this piece will be a classic and more expensive as the years go. Just like the Mark 1 Maquette I have...this will be pricey one day.

I recommend getting one. As for those with issues and stuff...I can't talk to that. I've been quite lucky with Sideshow.

the thing is, collectors who live outside of the US are paying waaay more for SS products.

Geography determines price more than anything else these days.

good point, so intl folks basically pay close to the same as US folks trying to get IA, XM, or IS pieces. When it comes to IM, SS is dead last out of the 4.

Got my MK2 yesterday, I think it is a fanastic piece. It is my 1st statue and ironically it came the same day as Thor my 2nd statue. :yess:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A great surprise as I wasn't expecting this one for 2-3 months, but still, I'm very happy with it! Of course, it's SSC, so there's some tiny paint stroke and some lines that aren't perfect, but still, it's good.

Can't show it next to the other Iron Man I have but once I'm setup to my new place, this will look great next to MK 1, 6, 42 and 43 ! :)

IMG_1109.JPGIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1125.JPGIMG_1123.jpgIMG_1120.JPGIMG_1119.jpgIMG_1118.jpgIMG_1117.jpgIMG_1116.JPGIMG_1128.JPG

Wow you guys have good pieces. After the good reviews I read here, I went down to the local shop yesterday to check one out. It was displayed and ready for viewing. I was surprise there were paint scratches, paint residues built up on some areas and glue on the hand. The owner thinks it is OK and it is a 800 cad piece. I asked him to contact SS for replacement and he was not interested.

Back