Iron Man Mark II Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
279c90c1.jpg

"LUCKY" # 28 :wink1:..........

Many tks :duff

Mine is #93 ...

Cool!:hi5:........but The Vain Is There....:monkey2

Guys, got a quick question for all you Iron Man fans out there. I'm in the process of having my Iron Man Mark III 1:1 bust customised into a Mark II and wanted to what was the officially correct answer to what was the actual colour of the Mark II. Now the Mark II colour scheme that Sideshow released seemed to be slightly off in all fairness, it seems to have been over-laquered imo and not very chrome looking. However, there have been a few good customs that i've seen on the freaks forum, notably Averone's one which has more of a brushed chromed look to it and appears to be much more accurate when compared to Sideshows version. Now im actually thinking of customising mine in metallic chrome which although some may say is not movie accurate, there is the scene from the first movie Iron Man, just as Stark sets off to battle against Iron Monger, the guy that plays "Colonel James Rhodes" looks at the Mark II and says something like "another time"..well in that scene you catch a glimpse of the Mark II and its that scene where the suit looks proper metallic chrome...could this just be to do with the lighting? Or was this anotehr Mark II but cleaner? Also if someone could clear up whether the Mark II shown in Iron Man 2 was also more shinier metallic chrome than in Iron Man? Thanks for any help on this, i'm more a fan of the metallic shiny chrome rather than brushed chrome and will probably head in that direction with my custom but thats just me...

hi,

i need your expert advice on purchasing an item in ebay. the item is the IronMan Mark II life size bust. The seller is from HongKong but have 116 positive feedback from his account. Please see photos below if the bust he is selling is really from sideshow and not a recast.

thank you and hoping for your reply.

Erwin

I want to says that it's an original but looking at the jawline close up there is something that doesn't sit right. The mouth looks as if its not aligned properly and is slightly open? Always a risk buying from China, it does have the official SS label on the back and the SS polystyrene packaging so I couldn't say 100% if this was a reacts or not....:dunno

I forgot to mention that the seller from Hongkong only have the styro and not the brown art box. Also, do you notice the edition size on the base? Others have a 'dash' on their O and the one from Hongkong doesn't have a dash. What's your take on that?

Is it good old promiscuous? :)

Not legit friend but not a recast. Likely a touched up factory reject or extra.

I wouldn't pay market rates for it but may be worth it if you can talk him down to a great deal.

yup that's him! so how come you know so much about him? im already leaning towards purchasing it. im just asking for a better price since it doesn't have the box and just the styro. how much would you buy if you were in my place?

thanks for your help.

I forgot to mention that the seller from Hongkong only have the styro and not the brown art box. Also, do you notice the edition size on the base? Others have a 'dash' on their O and the one from Hongkong doesn't have a dash. What's your take on that?

Mine came from Sideshow and it was labeled without the crossed out zeros:

DSC_0046.jpg

I would ask him for the original invoice from Sideshow. Like another member mentioned, the face plate doesn't look like its sitting properly.

he said he didn't buy it directly from sideshow, bought it from a dealer. the reason why he lost the brown shipper was because he was moving from city to city. i found it odd to lose the brown shipper and keep the styro.

hi,

i need your expert advice on purchasing an item in ebay. the item is the IronMan Mark II life size bust. The seller is from HongKong but have 116 positive feedback from his account. Please see photos below if the bust he is selling is really from sideshow and not a recast.

Erwin

As I know, China MK2 recast does not have pure silver color. Is either Silver with Bronze or Silver Chrome

Chrome Silver
T2GYCsXiFbXXXXXXXX_!!24912921.jpg

Silver with bronze
T1a4CUXhtuXXb.wp33_045709.jpg

The lack of information in the listing for such a rare and high-ticket item is a warning sign.
The battery panel appears to open on the wrong side when compared to the known authentic bust.
Finally, these busts can crack VERY EASILY when shipped, even if shipped in the brown shipper (does better with the double brown boxing, like with the battle damaged version).
I doubt you are getting an authentic bust and there is a good chance it will not arrive in great condition. Be careful!

hi,

Erwin

Mine came from Sideshow and it was labeled without the crossed out zeros:

DSC_0046.jpg

I would ask him for the original invoice from Sideshow. Like another member mentioned, the face plate doesn't look like its sitting properly.

i noticed that also. But I compared it to the MKIII's battery panel and it opens the same way as the HK seller. I don't think its all like that for MKII. what you think? Please help guys.

Back