Iron Man Mark II Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I know, China MK2 recast does not have pure silver color. Is either Silver with Bronze or Silver Chrome

Silver with bronze
T1a4CUXhtuXXb.wp33_045709.jpg

this looks more like a Mark III recast, since it doesn't have all the bolts the Mark II should have.

this looks more like a Mark III recast, since it doesn't have all the bolts the Mark II should have.

hmm.. u r right either... then may that is no MK2 recast?
at least I didnt see any in taobao.com

It blows my mind how the fakes look better than the originals produced by SS.

Chris

These recast are really good. i think this one (chrome bust) is also from LW Studios. I bought a MK II faceplate and MK II helmet from this producer and both are really good.

so my only doubt now is the battery panel issue, other than that everything looks legit to me. are all your battery panel for your MK2 positioned the same way? really need your help guys :)

thanks!

yup that's him! so how come you know so much about him? im already leaning towards purchasing it. im just asking for a better price since it doesn't have the box and just the styro. how much would you buy if you were in my place?

thanks for your help.

Okay bro, this is how it works.

These collectibles are MADE in the Chinese factories, right?

So the molds, the casts, the painting, even the color boxes and brown shippers are all manufactured there. EVERYTHING.

Also common sense tells you that Sideshow must have them make an extra 10-20 percent above the limitation to cover for returns, damages, etc. Makes sense?

So this Mark II Iron Man lifesize bust with a limitation of 100, they probably make an extra 20 or so.

Okay . . . so what's to stop the people at the factory from making in secret say . .. 30? or 40? And just keeping the extras in reserve?

Or maybe they're supposed to destroy a few with minor imperfections or flaws but rather than do it, they just keep them and touch them up.

Are these recasts? Ummm, not really. They are being cast from the original molds in the original factory.

BUT they are not legit and definitely not legal.

That's why so many of these pieces are "artist proofs" or "unnumbered" or "special" blah blah blah. Much harder to track down this way you see.

In the beginning when these guys were more inexperienced, they got caught doing a Grey Hulk PF when the number they made up matched a number already owned by one of the Freaks here I believe. LoL.

As time passes, they'll also run out of the color boxes shippers so of course all they have are the styrofoam.

How much would I pay? Knowing that these pieces are not a legitimate part of the initial run but also knowing that they are indistinguishable in quality from the "real thing" I would pay 50% of market value . . . if that sorta thing doesn't bother you in the first place.

There are multiple Ebay dealers who must have "contacts" in the factories. They may in fact be the same company under different handles. This 2009promiscuous guy has been around for awhile and always puts up Sideshow grails with an occasional Cinemaquette thrown in.

Anyway, that's what I think is going on. There was a RASH of "artist proof" Balrogs, 1:1 black and white Universal busts, etc, etc which started the discussion about a year or so ago and this was the most rational and logical conclusion we reached about the source of these pieces.

Dennis

ok thanks dennis for your inputs!!! :) all that being said, i have decided to go for it!! im a little confident now hehe ;)

ok thanks dennis for your inputs!!! :) all that being said, i have decided to go for it!! im a little confident now hehe ;)

However, do beware....like others have mentioned previously, these recasts are not made the same way as SS versions and are slightly weaker in material, hence the high number of breakages upon arrival. Especially as there packaging leaves a lot to be desired. There will be no customer services to contact as these chinese companies dont have the same policies as SS where they can send another. All that will happen is you will have to send it back to china (and pay for the shipping costs yourself as per ebay policies) and then once they have recieved it back your end only then will ebay refund you. It does seem quite a risk imo but hey, you may get lucky. Hope it works out for you my friend.

By the way, as a latecomer to the collection scene and a massive Iron Man fan, i too missed out on the SS MK II 1:1 bust. However, i was lucky enough to purchase an original SS MK III 1:1 bust earlier this year. So i have had one of my custom Iron Man Mark III 1:1 busts sent over to a good friend of mine for chroming so to create a Mark II bust. I've decided to go for a more mirrored chrome effect rather that the movie accurate brushed chrome effect as for me i feel that the shinier chrome would stand out more and catch the eye better, plus i love a bit of mirrored chrome! :yess: Anyway, i should have it inhand in the next few weeks or so but my friend has sent me some teaser pics to keep me in a state of excitement until i actually recieve it back! You can see these pics on my Show Your Shelves thread a little later on today. Feel free to take a look :hi5:

Last edited:
Back