Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black line/Panel lining isn't too difficult especially when there are preexisting grooves to use.

Just use a black panel wash. Any excess simply wipe away without staining the adjoining plates. Easy. Maybe use a coat between the primary colours and the applied black lines which would make it easier to remove any black line errors.

But it takes a little longer (maybe more then a little). Especially the way SS apply their lines. It's almost criminal. I could apply better panel lines to my model kits when I was in primary school.

Which is why I would really wish they would stop with the black lines. Well at least until they change production factory methods.

This! I've been saying this for a while, it drives me mad seeing thick black lines in all the grooves. It isn't that hard to apply a subtle wash.

Damn I gotta stop sounding like an idiot today ... I meant the MK 45... :duff

I think you meant the 43. :lol

mk-43-1-4-1.jpg

that Hot Toys Mk 43 looks pretty awesome except the unhumanly thin knees would bother me. Even without armor on that knee is pretty thin! Has pricing been announced for this guy yet... I guess that is a lazy question, sorry.

Now you've mentioned the knees I can't unsee them.

I've always questioned the scale of IM armour statues/toys, considering a human has to wear them, but they are a huge error.

:rotfl

There's no way you'd ever display a quarter scale that looked like this amongst your statues right? ;)

images

Nope I would consider it all the way... lol. HT does some amazing work with their IM pieces. My only issue is that I think I would want to make a base for it ... while I know MK43 comes with one I would consider expanding it.

I am kind of hoping it will be around for a little bit

I agree about the knees on the new Hot Toys MK43...that is hard to unsee. However, I would never plan on posing him like that anyway. He'd be more museum'esque with a head tilt slightly downward and to the right or left. I love the way the armor looks on the palms of his hands. The paint job on that is very cool.

Nope I would consider it all the way... lol. HT does some amazing work with their IM pieces. My only issue is that I think I would want to make a base for it ... while I know MK43 comes with one I would consider expanding it.

I am kind of hoping it will be around for a little bit

Custom base? Nice! Now where's your Stark custom sculpts? :tap
I agree about the knees on the new Hot Toys MK43...that is hard to unsee. However, I would never plan on posing him like that anyway. He'd be more museum'esque with a head tilt slightly downward and to the right or left. I love the way the armor looks on the palms of his hands. The paint job on that is very cool.

Agreed, no way I'd pose him crouching although it looks great imo.

aou10.jpg

Once again, convinced that the cost of the statue Sideshow firm paints a very bad...

Forgot layout Mark 6 .. When I got it, right in the eye made it sloppy painting on the face (there was a case where one party is wrong color, and soon repainted red yellow on the mask) But I want to say that the war machine in this series painted pretty good.

Odd that people are getting this and I haven't even gotten a billing notice yet. Must have been a partial shipment I guess.

Back