Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there any paint on the box??? Any weird smell?? It almost looks like either something was pushed up against it when it was still wet or the polystone wasn't completely cured when it was painted which would cause discoloration. If it was the later the painters wouldn't even know, and it might not show as an issue for a few weeks or months, which would be the transit time from China. Any way you cut it that will get you a replacement.

No paint stains on Styrofoam or smell.
Some portion of the paint seems too thick and some thin.
Its just awful beyond words.
Got it from a AD and not direct SS.
So will just transport it back to get a replacement if possible.

No paint stains on Styrofoam or smell.
Some portion of the paint seems too thick and some thin.
Its just awful beyond words.
Got it from a AD and not direct SS.
So will just transport it back to get a replacement if possible.

The smell is what I heard about when it comes to improperly cured polystone. Good luck with your replacement m8.

Wow, that's horrendous! And not just the damaged area, the paint is just sloppy all over. How did that get cleared for shipping?

Finally got mine.
REALLY satisfied! The paint app is NOT perfect... yeah... but this is NOT as bad as some claimed to be. I know the color scheme ain't everyone's favorite, but this is a REALLY nice Maquette!!!

IMG_9940b.JPG Img_9942.jpg Img_9943.jpg Img_9947.jpg Img_9949.jpg Img_9950.jpg Img_9951.jpg Img_9953.jpg Img_9985.jpg Img_9987.jpg

And some boring pics

Attachments

• Img_9927.jpg
    Img_9927.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Img_9937.jpg
    Img_9937.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Img_9936.jpg
    Img_9936.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Img_9931.jpg
    Img_9931.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 135
nice pics! Mine came out really well. no slop and clean lines. Again, not "perfect" but well worth the asking price. It is a great statue.

I've been watching these on eBay to see if any go for a good deal. Almost none of them show in hand pictures. That makes me timid but these pictures are pretty nice. Congrats.

Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

For those that know me won't be surprised that I customised mine :lol Basically i removed the yellow scaffolding which for me was just a distraction and also removed those grey pebbles that were placed on top which I also didn't like :( repainted the base and voila!

6ce738cc14c759348c0d9c5ca5663e2c.jpg

Last edited:
Back