Iron Man Comiquette pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kind. :D

nikond1a.jpg

It's kind of old, and a bit battered, and it's only a 2.0 Megapixel. (Seriously.) But, you know, it's a Nikon SLR. So it rocks, even at that resolution.

The secret is in the glass, and in the flash.

I'm using a relatively inexpensive Nikon 24-85mm zoom lens, and a Nikon SB-28D flash. The flash has a rotating head. Instead of using a direct flash that washes out the awesome paint colors in the various statues and such that we all love, I rotate the head to bounce it off of ceilings, walls, and nearby nude females to create the illusion of professional lighting. ;)

Photography's neat. And so is the wine I'm drinking. Who wants wine? :D

TOE said:
that is beautiful MONK :bow Sideshow need to hire you as a photographer. With these shots, you can easily sell their products. :rock

I have to agree, your shots Monk are amazing. I have one of your Hulk PF shots as my desktop at work...

Strong praise, indeed, everyone. :D

The whole reason behind me posting these photographs is my hope that I can enhance the experience of collecting for other collectors. In other words, I want to see things from a different perspective, and, in so doing, I hope to help others see these pieces from a new perspective as well.

From the sounds of it, I'm doing alright so far. I'll keep posting these as things come in, or whenever I feel the urge to re-shoot something I've had for a while.

Thanks so much for the encouragement....

And, for the record, I've posted pics of my new Leia Exclusive in Star Wars. It's under a thread titled "A little help?" I know it's misleading, but it was a thread I'd already begun...

Awesome f'n pics of the awesome f'n Ironman!!!

Monk said:
...I rotate the head to bounce it off of ceilings, walls, and nearby nude females to create the illusion of professional lighting. ;)

Come again, what was that? :eek: :rock :bow

Monk said:
I rotate the head to bounce it off of ceilings, walls, and nearby nude females to create the illusion of professional lighting. ;)
Would those be nude female... ...cats? ...orangutans? ...great danes? ...canaries? ...black widow spiders? Enquiring minds want to know!

Nude female Danish supermodels, of course. :chew

Like this one:

BAK205_Cherry_Danish.jpg

(Actually, I was merely drunk, and talking ****... :eek: )

great shots Monk! i love how you brought the focus of the subject to the foreground. great narrow field of focus!

I'm still on the wait list for this guy. Been about seven months now. Highly doubt I get him, but a guy can dream.

After all, I waited that long for my Lurtz exclusive to finally convert.

Hope you manage to get one Boba and Seth, its a really great piece. I've got mine right next to Spidey, I think they look cool next to each other, kinda mirroring the others posture. If they made all the marvel PF's hunched over like that you could line them up like a football team.

Back