Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a fake cover. Notice the date on the comic, May 3rd. It's the same as the movie's release.
Here's the real one...

Just saw this, sorry if it's already been shared here.

318321_602773013072339_1893190882_n.jpg
Wow!!! :rock

Thanks for sharing that mate. :hi5:

Looks like it'll be a good scene.

I'll be waiting on the reviews of this to see if Tony is likable like in IM1 or smug like in IM2/AV, hope it's the former.

Tony will always be smug. A consequence of being the smartest guy in almost every room he's in.

I suspect there's a bit of a reality check for him in this film.

Edit: "Extended look" - LOL!!!

Last edited:
Saw the trailer. I'm so excited! I spent most of the weekend watching Iron Man and IM2, and then IM again, before the Superbowl. Really looking forward to 3.

Tony will always be smug. A consequence of being the smartest guy in almost every room he's in.

I suspect there's a bit of a reality check for him in this film.

Edit: "Extended look" - LOL!!!

I liked him in IM1 he was cocky but funny at the beginning and likable throughout. Since IM2 he's become too smug and arrogant.

The tone of the trailer looked bleak, so i hope the atmosphere makes him likable once more.

EDIt: just had a rewatch of Iron Man 1. Still the best Marvel Studio movie imo

I'm really looking foward to ben kingsley,I was not happy about him being cast,I couldn't see him as a threat but from the trailers,my opinion has changed.even his v oice is cool which I was really suprised cause I hate when they do a different voice,it only worked as the joker in hbatman,ev ery other actor who tried it[batman,jigsaw] came off as wierd.

That airplane sequence looks to be amazing. But not just because it's cool to see Iron Man flying around catching people, but because of what's at stake. Just in those few seconds, you already feel an emotional connection not just with the people who are falling to their death, but with Tony who feels responsible to save every one of them, despite Jarvis saying they can only carry 4! That kind of filmmaking that makes the audience empathize so vividly with the characters onscreen is something rare that I love. And something I felt was lacking in a couple of the other Marvel movies (especially lacking in CapAm).

Great stuff. Really looking forward to it.

So how does he solve the problem of catching them all? I almost think he needs to grab the first few people and fly them higher and re-drop them, allowing him to save the people closer to the ground, then fly back up and re-catch a group... etc

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the new suit actually looks great in action.

I thought it looked like crap when it first popped up. Not enough red and too much mustard gold or whatever.

So how does he solve the problem of catching them all? I almost think he needs to grab the first few people and fly them higher and re-drop them, allowing him to save the people closer to the ground, then fly back up and re-catch a group... etc

Maybe he doesn't and that's what humbles him, that no matter how smart or powerful tou are you can't save everyone.

Saving them all would prove very tricky.

That is one upside to CG, they could test a few suit designs/color schemes before doing final renders.

Maybe he doesn't and that's what humbles him, that no matter how smart or powerful tou are you can't save everyone.

Saving them all would prove very tricky.

No, I have a feeling the "big humble" is related to those shadows we've seen on the walls.

Does he save them?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Does he save them?

Spoiler Spoiler:

This reminds me of the 'Hulk lifting Thor means he's also lifting Mjonir" thing :lol

Back