Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Shades (Mark XXIII) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes these armors are crack, that #73 is my number. :wink1:

Thanks Broseph!
73? Woah, well done. I'm not interested in all the variations to existing figures, I just want all the armors, 1 - 47. Then I'll probably start my Avengers line.

Any pics?

Unfortunately all boxed up right now. I am working on Star Wars overhaul where IM collection was displayed. Unboxing 23 ANH stormtroopers is taking longer than planned.

I think there's 64 pieces showing but the QS dupes are down the hall, you get the idea. Once Hulkbuster gets here I'll display them all together.

d33cMjh.jpg

JqPuRhf.jpg

Attachments

• HVRqBLH.jpg
    HVRqBLH.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 220
Wow :thud::thud::thud::thud: and 23 stormtroopers! :thud:

I have 35 IM (including preorders) and sometimes i think that's to many. That's very impressive hope to see pics when everything is set up

Unfortunately all boxed up right now. I am working on Star Wars overhaul where IM collection was displayed. Unboxing 23 ANH stormtroopers is taking longer than planned.

I think there's 64 pieces showing but the QS dupes are down the hall, you get the idea. Once Hulkbuster gets here I'll display them all together.

View attachment 356676

View attachment 356675

Coding must pay very well.... Nice dude

Yeah I'm fixing up a display with 3x4 (12) on each side of Vader and two set behind so its a 26 + Vader. Playing around with unscrewing the bases and running LEDs under the red display track bases on a three tier level. It's going to take a week just to unscrew the base plates. :lol

Toys_Shades_20170728_0001.jpg

Toys_Shades_20170728_0002.jpg

Toys_Shades_20170728_0003.jpg

Not quite right due to certain mobility restrictions, but here's the obligatory attempt :)

Toys_Shades_20170728_0004.jpg

Toys_Shades_20170727_0001.jpg

Overall, I like this, although it doers have some articulation issues; mainly the head due to the high collar, but also the hipflaps aren't quite as forgiving as some other suits. Anyone who has Shotgun will already know this, though :)

Just seeing these pictures now, thank you! Oh and I totally know what you're talking about with the hipflaps on Shotgun, when I was putting mine into the "crouching BD pose" when Killian was holding him by his fist, one popped off. Thankfully, it was an easy repair.

73? Woah, well done. I'm not interested in all the variations to existing figures, I just want all the armors, 1 - 47. Then I'll probably start my Avengers line.

Wow :thud::thud::thud::thud: and 23 stormtroopers! :thud:

I have 35 IM (including preorders) and sometimes i think that's to many. That's very impressive hope to see pics when everything is set up

View attachment 356676

View attachment 356675

I'm up to 57 Iron Man/Tony Stark figures. I have Mark II Diecast, Mark V Diecast, Mark VI Diecast, Mark XLVII, and Hulkbuster on pre-order.

I think I might be selling this. Can't allow HPP fever to take hold of me, but I can't stand to not complete sets.

Almost nothing about this guy screams "Iron Man" to me. But possibly because of that, I kind of dig him as I see more of him. Reminds me of this Captain Power character I had a figure of as a kid:

1684300_orig.png

Hot Toys--give us a Captain Power line or GTFO.

I need some help.. for my coffee table display I usually like to have a theme to the figures I put on there. So, with this coming in, I think I'm going to go with a specialty armor theme. I need to put 4 or 5 armors there.. So I figure shades is camouflage, sneaky is stealth, starboost is upper atmosphere/space, and I'm drawing a blank for 1-2 more. Also, this exludes larger figures like gamma, striker, Igor, snapper, and peacemaker. Which other figure(s) would you include with those three?

View attachment 356676

View attachment 356675

Wow! Impressive. Money is clearly not an issue in your life...or perhaps it is an issue and these photos are screaming "INTERVENTION!" :rotfl

Either way, niiiiiice!

I need some help.. for my coffee table display I usually like to have a theme to the figures I put on there. So, with this coming in, I think I'm going to go with a specialty armor theme. I need to put 4 or 5 armors there.. So I figure shades is camouflage, sneaky is stealth, starboost is upper atmosphere/space, and I'm drawing a blank for 1-2 more. Also, this exludes larger figures like gamma, striker, Igor, snapper, and peacemaker. Which other figure(s) would you include with those three?
Silver Centurion or Blue Steel - close quarters combat
Sub-zero Mk VII - cold weather
Disco - party infiltration :)

Bones
Sub Zero
Heartbreaker / Tank
Mark 3 or 7 stealth

Mine just arrived literally 2 minutes ago. While not me favorite figure, the box art is pretty interesting.
603bbf5fb8d4f26209c02401b815f8fc.jpg

Back