Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At $165, nearly half of the diecast Mk 42, this was a no brainer for me. I can get past the lack of posability. Although it would have been nice if they'd done at least one more thing to it to give you a little more variety. I noticed that with the Red Snapper PPS, they gave you more options than just the two that you get with this figure.

Can't wait to get mine.

That's right, I too wish he was more posable like Snapper.

About the MMS, its not just about the price, I do not find it the definitive 1/6 sclae Mark XLII. Who knows, maybe Play Imaginative or GG or someone else might give us a better 1/6 42 in future.

BB&WSF what is it about this 42 that's flawed in your opinion?

This 42, as in the PPS, right?

In case yes, what cofphoto said. It lacks the articulation Red Snapper has, though he is PPS too.

902042_press01-001.jpg

936553_10151371418467344_896286658_n.jpg

603827_10151371418432344_1229917503_n.jpg

6744_10151371418527344_187812117_n.jpg

163988_10151371418587344_1484779315_n.jpg

This guy can only do the action of kicking the ball. :)

Also, the 'flying' pose looks good, but I find the 'standing' / 'walking' / 'battle' pose ridiculous. He looks like a zombie about to catch you. :lol IMO :lecture

521904_424331894312371_1549828748_n.jpg

563789_424331937645700_670018718_n.jpg

Yep, he's basically only two poses, standing and flying, with the same upper body and head pose no matter what.

But like I said before, seeing as I could nearly buy two PPS figures for the price of one diecast.....this is the route that I went for the Mk 42.

Ok, so the lack of pose options is what you were referring to. I thought you were referring to the proportions / dimensions of the suit that I wasn't seeing ;)

Yup. :)

About proportions / dimensions of the suit; well, I have kept my rant aside for the MMS version. :lol Though he does look good, the silver thingy on the upper thighs / pelvis and the protuded chest (which I am sure could be pushed back) would be my only nitpicks.

902031_press01-001_zps0bd6acab.jpg
MUT5ICP_zps46f3bdfc.jpg

That's by biggest nitpick with the diecast 42, is how the chest looks so I proportionate the the waist.

Yup. :)

About proportions / dimensions of the suit; well, I have kept my rant aside for the MMS version. :lol Though he does look good, the silver thingy on the upper thighs / pelvis and the protuded chest (which I am sure could be pushed back) would be my only nitpicks.

902031_press01-001_zps0bd6acab.jpg
MUT5ICP_zps46f3bdfc.jpg

If they did a A PP of the MKVI and War-machine from Ironman 2...

I know not that many people are terribly excited about this piece but I am. Glad to see it in the latest "coming soon" photo!

1017492_10151561668907344_1276310049_n.jpg

Might not be that posable, but that's a better looking repulsor hand than any of my current IM figures have.

One of the major draws I have towards the PPS figures is the minimal gaps (if any) between the joints. For example, look at that gap between the chest armor and abdomen! :horror
That's such an eyesore for me.

figura-de-iron-man-mark-xlii-42-escala-16-por-hot-toys_MLM-F-4285453506_052013.jpg

The same deal going on at the groin as well. And I understand... that's a feature that can't be eliminated with a 'poseable' figure and a diecast no less (requires even more clearance). But that's why I'm glad we have the Power Pose Series. As long as they continue to offer these, I'm staying away from MMS from now on.

I know not that many people are terribly excited about this piece but I am. Glad to see it in the latest "coming soon" photo!

I'm in the "excited to get it" group. I think it looks great. I don't necessarily need unlimited display options. Usually when I get to one I like, it stays there.

Based on the price points ($255 for Red Snapper!) and inconsistent execution in terms of articulation between one figure and the next, I'm pretty sure the entire "Power Pose Series" is just a way for Hot Toys to crank out as many Iron Man suits as possible without any level of expectations or standards from their consumers in terms of articulation and features. This way, they can approach a suit just as they would an MMS and just stop working on it when they run out of time or interest.

Howard: "Its time to start working on the next suit, Gemini!"

Peon: "But I haven't finished Red Snapper, yet! His arms work but his legs barely move and I haven't even started the torso!"

Howard: "Doesn't matter. We'll call it Power Pose and sell it for $255! Bwahahha!"

Peon: "Wait, we're going to totally half-*** a figure and sell it for the same amount of money? You're a monster!"

Howard: "Build. Me. More. SUITS!"

Based on the price points ($255 for Red Snapper!) and inconsistent execution in terms of articulation between one figure and the next, I'm pretty sure the entire "Power Pose Series" is just a way for Hot Toys to crank out as many Iron Man suits as possible without any level of expectations or standards from their consumers in terms of articulation and features. This way, they can approach a suit just as they would an MMS and just stop working on it when they run out of time or interest.

Howard: "Its time to start working on the next suit, Gemini!"

Peon: "But I haven't finished Red Snapper, yet! His arms work but his legs barely move and I haven't even started the torso!"

Howard: "Doesn't matter. We'll call it Power Pose and sell it for $255! Bwahahha!"

Peon: "Wait, we're going to totally half-*** a figure and sell it for the same amount of money? You're a monster!"

Howard: "Build. Me. More. SUITS!"

There's no doubts about that.
But honestly, Hot Toys has been doing that for years with their MMS line (Iron Man and Predator franchises). They didn't need PPS to do that.

But honestly, Hot Toys has been doing that for years with their MMS line (Iron Man and Predator franchises). They didn't need PPS to do that.
How's that? If Hot Toys released an MMS Iron Man whose legs barely bent and whose torso was one solid non-movable piece for $255, there would be bedlam. But call it "Power-Pose" and suddenly it's apparently acceptable.

How's that? If Hot Toys released an MMS Iron Man whose legs barely bent and whose torso was one solid non-movable piece for $255, there would be bedlam. But call it "Power-Pose" and suddenly it's apparently acceptable.

Well, not in that same exact sense. But they've sculpted one figure then sell it. Repaint it and sell it as another figure with slight changes to the headsculpt and accessories... and yet, the price is the same or more.

Well, not in that same exact sense. But they've sculpted one figure then sell it. Repaint it and sell it as another figure with slight changes to the headsculpt and accessories... and yet, the price is the same or more.
Well that's true. But that's different from selling half-finished figures at full-figure prices. Because whether you buy the repaint or the original, you're still getting a fully-functional figure.

Maybe it's just me, but I just have a feeling HT will prob scrap the PPS line. Don't think it was that popular, and pisses off some HT fans at the same time.

I know it hasn't been that popular, but seeing the prices of all of the secondary IM suits makes me wish they would have made more of them. Would have loved to have bought Heartbreaker, but can't justify $250+ for him. If the secondary suits were more in the $150-175 range I probably would have bought a few.

I do have the Mk42 PO'd, can't wait to get it. It's not very poseable, but IMO it's in a much cooler pose than any of my current IM figures could ever do. They're all so limited in how far their arms/hands/legs can move.

I know it hasn't been that popular, but seeing the prices of all of the secondary IM suits makes me wish they would have made more of them. Would have loved to have bought Heartbreaker, but can't justify $250+ for him. If the secondary suits were more in the $150-175 range I probably would have bought a few.

I do have the Mk42 PO'd, can't wait to get it. It's not very poseable, but IMO it's in a much cooler pose than any of my current IM figures could ever do. They're all so limited in how far their arms/hands/legs can move.

And that's really the selling point of the PPS line.
Hot Toys has to put these into poses that are extreme because if they use a pose that can be achieved by the MMS version, what's the point?

Go with a bad@ss pose and sell it at a significantly lower price than the MMS counterpart and I think the PPS line will survive.

Back