Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this Kotobukiya Action Figure looks nice to! and its 1/6 as well

KotobukiyaIronMan3IronManMark42ARTFXStatue01_zps1b1e76b2.jpg

Oh so Kotobukiya is not shut out??
HUH??? How many licenses can their be on this?

Oh so Kotobukiya is not shut out??
HUH??? How many licenses can their be on this?

i think this may be the main reason Hot Toys is not calling this a statue since Koto has that license and its instead calling it an Action Figure.

Yep.

There's a reason they keep pumping out Iron Man/Tony Stark, the character sells. They wouldn't do it other wise. Shouldn't surprise anyone, there IS an Iron Man film coming out soon isn't there?

An Iron Man 3 announcement would be alright if it was an actual Mark XLII MMS figure or Mandarin or War Machine 2.0 or Iron Patriot, not this subline junk. Do people in this hobby want statues, busts and cosbabies when there are 1/6 figures? I"m not so sure.

Agreed on both points. :lol

^ how much does that go for?

Yeah, how much? :D

Their choices to stick with the same franchises/characters that i've bought from them already has left this customer with the smallest pre-order list in years

And you expect them to cater to what you want?

:nana: :rotfl

Just thinking out loud.. :peace :1-1:

I mean they would much rather make what customers, with more promising track record, want.
Basics of marketing.

Besides, IM3 is the next big thing. So why not focus on that.

WETA has been setting aside LOTR line for Hobbit collectibles, because that is the current in thing.

Yep.

There's a reason they keep pumping out Iron Man/Tony Stark, the character sells. They wouldn't do it other wise. Shouldn't surprise anyone, there IS an Iron Man film coming out soon isn't there?

An Iron Man 3 announcement would be alright if it was an actual Mark XLII MMS figure or Mandarin or War Machine 2.0 or Iron Patriot, not this subline junk. Do people in this hobby want statues, busts and cosbabies when there are 1/6 figures? I"m not so sure.

No they don't- want/afford it all. Anyone can say "BOUGHT" but that means nada. Once the MMS versions start hitting can you honestly say this is a better alternative at $90(or whatever) less, no articulation, lights, working features???

Well yeah, i expected them to do at least some from the licenses they announced that i liked over the last year or so, they did say they were "coming soon" afterall :lol :lol

I mean they would much rather make what customers, with more promising track record, want.
Basics of marketing.

Huh?

No they don't- want/afford it all. Anyone can say "BOUGHT" but that means nada. Once the MMS versions start hitting can you honestly say this is a better alternative at $90(or whatever) less, no articulation, lights, working features???

That's why they released this one first and not the MMS figure.

That's why they released this one first and not the MMS figure.

Exactly. I doubt they're gonna anounce the MMS version anytime soon.. As I see it, it will hurt the sales of this staute.. figure.. whatever.

Exactly. I doubt they're gonna anounce the MMS version anytime soon.. As I see it, it will hurt the sales of this staute.. figure.. whatever.

Don't be so sure, they've had multiple armours up for order at the same time before.

They put up the DX13 just as DX10 released, they should've waited a month or two after not to hurt the latters sales

Agreed on both points. :lol

Yeah, how much? :D

Basics of marketing.

Besides, IM3 is the next big thing. So why not focus on that.

WETA has been setting aside LOTR line for Hobbit collectibles, because that is the current in thing.

I was about to argue that Man of Steel seems to be gathering more hype than IM3, but then I remembered that Iron Man 3 comes out first; nevermind. That being said, I hope that, at the very least, we see something different soon. This is getting a bit stale, and the least they could do is break it up with some different stuff (*cough*Arkham City*cough*). We already had reveal after reveal of The Avengers, and, now, it seems to be the same **** different day.

Don't be so sure, they've had multiple armours up for order at the same time before.

They put up the DX13 just as DX10 released, they should've waited a month or two after not to hurt the latters sales

Yeah I remember that.. Everyone bought the DX10 and received it, then, BAM.. "Battle Damaged version"! And how pissed everyone was because they felt cheated.. :lol

I was about to argue that Man of Steel seems to be gathering more hype than IM3, but then I remembered that Iron Man 3 comes out first; nevermind. That being said, I hope that, at the very least, we see something different soon. This is getting a bit stale, and the least they could do is break it up with some different stuff (*cough*Arkham City*cough*). We already had reveal after reveal of The Avengers, and, now, it seems to be the same **** different day.

You know it's not even close to being done.

They'll show the new and improved War Machine 2.0 with Rhodey head as well as Iron Patriot and Mandarin. Hell, aren't there Marks we haven't even seen?

Ain't seen nothing yet.

You know it's not even close to being done.

They'll show the new and improved War Machine 2.0 with Rhodey head as well as Iron Patriot and Mandarin. Hell, aren't there Marks we haven't even seen?

Ain't seen nothing yet.

This is just the beginning... :lol

I don't mind, I like Iron Man. Just wish they wouldn't forget about their other announced projects.. Seems like whenever there's a blockbuster around the corner, like TA, TDKR and now IM3.. They drop everything else on the floor and put in all of their efforts to those blockbusters.. I can't blame them, they are a business, not a charity.

IRON MAN.......FRONT and CENTER!

Back Burner:
BTTF
Prometheus
Sleepy Hollow
XFC
Rocky
Rambo
Robocop
Batman Returns
Lone Ranger
probably missed some....

This is just the beginning... :lol

I don't mind, I like Iron Man. Just wish they wouldn't forget about their other announced projects.. Seems like whenever there's a blockbuster around the corner, like TA, TDKR and now IM3.. They drop everything else on the floor and put in all of their efforts to those blockbusters.. I can't blame them, they are a business, not a charity.

Thats the funny thing, once they finished milking the current blockbuster and it's time for the backlog to get the attention, there's another blockbuster along :lol

Thats the funny thing, once they finished milking the current blockbuster and it's time for the backlog to get the attention, there's another blockbuster along :lol

Unfortunately.. :lol

Well yeah, i expected them to do at least some from the licenses they announced that i liked over the last year or so, they did say they were "coming soon" afterall :lol :lol

That's one of the things I hate about HT. They keep on saying "coming soon" on certain lines,
and then just leave them in the dark. :gah:

I meant companies focus more on profitable market segments,
while they weed out unprofitable customers who are too costly to serve
in the long run.

Just some stuff I'm lifting from this Marketing101 book I'm reading. :lol

well... we're actually just seeing things they showed in their 2013 teaser.

the 2 busts, the PPS, the Stark MMS and they have all been listed on various sites for pre order, so hopefully the other stuff from that teaser won't be far behind.

Back