Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can open it and still return it for a full refund. it makes no difference if you were aware or unaware of the problem.

you can open it and still return it for a full refund. it makes no difference if you were aware or unaware of the problem.
I wasn't trying to be a complete jerk, haha, sorry if I sounded a bit deceptive. I am just frustrated with the issue is all:mad:.

I wasn't trying to be a complete jerk, haha, sorry if I sounded a bit deceptive. I am just frustrated with the issue is all:mad:.

Don't worry about it, open it and have a good old look, this isn't your fault. If you decide it isn't worth the cost just contact SS and complain, TBH I'd do that anyway to try and get as much compensation as possible before you decide.

Do you think this will be heavily discounted to move ? Or will they destroy all pieces ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about it, open it and have a good old look, this isn't your fault. If you decide it isn't worth the cost just contact SS and complain, TBH I'd do that anyway to try and get as much compensation as possible before you decide.
This will probably be my approach. For ****s sake I waited almost 2 years, I would at least like to get a look at it!

Last edited:
This was basically the excuse given by Sideshow in an email they sent to me yesterday...what do you think?

'I wanted to follow up with you regarding your Iron Man MK VI Legendary Scale Bust. The prototype which was photographed for our website did not have a finalized arc-reactor inserted. With that said the final version did in fact have the arc-reactor inserted with the triangle pointing up as opposed to it pointing downward as in the prototype.'

Judging by this response , we can look forward to a heavily discounted product soon . In times like these , it is unlikely SS will simply destroy all of them for "quality" standards. Having said that , I have seen products with mistakes suddenly become a sought after commodity :D We live in a strange strange world.

'I wanted to follow up with you regarding your Iron Man MK VI Legendary Scale Bust. The prototype which was photographed for our website did not have a finalized arc-reactor inserted. With that said the final version did in fact have the arc-reactor inserted with the triangle pointing up as opposed to it pointing downward as in the prototype.'

Not much of an excuse, in my opinion. There is still no explanation as to why the "Final version" is outright incorrect. Why would it be pointing down, correctly, and then be changed to up, incorrectly, with no reasoning or explanation. To me that explanation amounts to "just because". It's just plain wrong.

It's simple lack of communication between the development team and the Chinese factories.

Items have been produced with basic spelling mistakes on the underside of the base before...
They even spelled 'SIDESHOW' wrong once :slap

That one was funny :lol I'm sure they have no actual members of staff present in the factories to keep tabs on these things, that is why the quality varies so much and mistakes go unnoticed until it is too late.

But hey... QC passed hahahaha...

thing is Spidey, the more covers you slip over the top, the less light will get through...the whole piece really needs to come off and boy did I try to remove it last night! That Arc is seriously welded to the bust! :lol Another solution would be to get the Iron Man 2 and Avengers movie re-made so that they can alter the arc so that its pointing upwards to match the bust :dunno :lol

I know m8, but you know me... Just trying to look for a silver lining or fix.

So the RECAST has the arc right, and looks like it must have been made IN THE FACTORY. So who else thinks that the guys who are making the recasts work in the factory and SWITCHED the instructions for the SSC piece so that the folks putting this together got it WRONG, and theirs are right...lol

Last edited:
So the RECAST has the arc right, and looks like it must have been made IN THE FACTORY. So who else thinks that the guys who are making the recasts work in the factory and SWITCHED the instructions for the SSC piece so that the folks putting this together got it WRONG, and theirs are right

That seems very far fetched indeed. I think a more plausible... but equally disturbing reason for this is that the guys making the recasts take more pride in the job they are doing than Sideshow... As bad as recasts are, they can often be seen with better paint apps also, not good.

That seems very far fetched indeed. I think a more plausible... but equally disturbing reason for this is that the guys making the recasts take more pride in the job they are doing than Sideshow... As bad as recasts are, they can often be seen with better paint apps also, not good.

Lol... I was being sarcastic, but I forgot the LOLs...lol

It's a damn fine looking bust, aside from the F-up. Too bad really. I'm surprised all SS is offering is the opportunity to return it...you can do that with ANY item you order from them. For collectors outside the US, I highly doubt that SS will refund the shipping and customs charges (it seems like many of these items shipped before the problem was discovered).

A quick pic of how it arrived guys...if only the AR was the correct way :(

any9y5uj.jpg

Back