Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, is this disappointing. So the ONLY option is return/refund or keep it? Damn. Looking forward to this going on TWO years and they put the freaking arc reactor or UPSIDE DOWN???? Unreal. I, too, was likely going to display this with the chest plate on anyway, but how on earth do you screw this up? Now I have to decide to keep or return my item, which is ALREADY shipping? Will the shipping back be paid? Will I get my NRD back as well, or am I already screwed out of that? Just unbelievable.

not surprise, they tell me to return/refund the MJ CQ which has 6000 es

If you advertise a piece as movie accurate, and then delay that piece for over one year (thats how long I waited) and give no reasoning then the piece better come 100% accurate for the advertised price. That's simply business. RIGHT NOW SS HAS FALSELY ADVERTISED TO IT'S CUSTOMERS ABOUT THE PRODUCT THEY ARE GETTING. Why don't we start a court case here?

Give me a discount, hefty one too for making me wait so long and making a royal stuff up OR don't ship them out at all. Hey I waited 12months fix your error and then reship.

This was meant to be my first piece but since the time of paying and still awaiting I've picked up a handful of items.

If you advertise a piece as movie accurate, and then delay that piece for over one year (thats how long I waited) and give no reasoning then the piece better come 100% accurate for the advertised price. That's simply business. RIGHT NOW SS HAS FALSELY ADVERTISED TO IT'S CUSTOMERS ABOUT THE PRODUCT THEY ARE GETTING. Why don't we start a court case here?

You must be american, with your immediate suing culture.
They didn't falsely advertise it. they ****ed up their own product, realised it and came clean that they ****ed it up.

WOW guys! Last night was a real rollercoaster regarding Iron Man and especially Arc Reacter Gate I got my reply back from William @ Sideshow Returns Dept and have been offered a very generous partial refund. Should I accept it or send it back? Well, as I predicted yesterday, once you receive this bust inhand you kind of cant help but fall in love with it and you feel that despite spending a fair bit of cash on this, that you'd certainly miss it in your collection, especially for those Iron Man fans. It's such a beautifully sculpted bust and the paint apps I have to say are great! Battle Damage is a little excessive in some areas but all in all it is well done. So to the Arc Reactor...it's literally welded on! I tried to see if I could prize it off but nothing was moving and I wasn't about to ruin the whole bust for the sake of trying to correct the position of the arc. It really is such a shame... such an odd mistake to make...clearly the guys in the factory didn't receive the memo that the Arc Reactor needed to point downwards and instead, all 3000 busts suffered the consequence.

The removable chest plate is awesome and is easily removable by the use of two strong magnets on either side...it couldn't more simpler or easier. Once again, the detail in the under-armour (once the chest plate has been removed) is gorgeous and the light up features really come to life once the chest plate is removed...I completely forgot that this clenched right fist also lighted up which was a nice surprise.

So back to the beginning...do I accept the refund or send it back? At the end of the day it's Iron Man and despite the Arc Reactor being the wrong way round I just feel the overall design and look of this bust is too good to not have...I'm not saying it compensates for the incorrect position of the Arc Reactor but when I put into perspective how much i'll be getting refunded and the overall quality of the bust, then I think I'd rather have this in my collection than not.

So here is a pic of mine...sorry again for the delay of not posting last night but after hanging around waiting for the Keaton Bats PF to get released and then unpacking the Iron Man bust, etc...time kind of got away! To see more pics please click on my display thread link...enjoy :wave

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...B-HAS-ARRIVED-180-3000*&p=6497640#post6497640

he2uza7a.jpg

I got my reply back from William @ Sideshow Returns Dept and have been offered a very generous partial refund.

Out of interest, what was the refund amount just to keep everybody on a level playing field? Also, not that I am defending Sideshows lowsy production quality in the least, I will point out that even with the light up features and internals, this thing is already cheaper than the smaller Alien Warrior LSB.

given this problem w/ sideshow..iron studios all the way given their first release 1/4 IM is awesome! i have faith on iron studios..next 1/4th release please..iron studios = iron man..

Seems legit :rotfl

Ok, in real life Tony could place the reactor plate this way or that way. Either way it fits, so I don't see what the fuss is all about

Ok, in real life Tony could place the reactor plate this way or that way. Either way it fits, so I don't see what the fuss is all about
Except, he didn't place it the way its in the bust. They messed it up, no doubt about that.
In real life, Tony could also have painted a batman symbol on his chest. Should we accept an Iron Man which has that, and still claim it's the same armor?

I can't for the life of me understand why some people make excuses for Sideshows shabby work. And for those of you that see this as acceptable, let's say the reactor was wrong on the outer plate... Then what would you do? Would you send it back then and tell them "enough is enough", or would you still throw them your cash and say to them, "It's ok, mistakes happen so here's my $#!+ ton of cash".

I just don't get how this is acceptable to some of you... It's mass forgiveness like this that keeps their standards low. First thing I did after seeing this flaw was cancelled mine. If you keep yours, then you only have yourself to blame for their standards and quality control.

WOW guys! Last night was a real rollercoaster regarding Iron Man and especially Arc Reacter Gate I got my reply back from William @ Sideshow Returns Dept and have been offered a very generous partial refund. Should I accept it or send it back? Well, as I predicted yesterday, once you receive this bust inhand you kind of cant help but fall in love with it and you feel that despite spending a fair bit of cash on this, that you'd certainly miss it in your collection, especially for those Iron Man fans. It's such a beautifully sculpted bust and the paint apps I have to say are great! Battle Damage is a little excessive in some areas but all in all it is well done. So to the Arc Reactor...it's literally welded on! I tried to see if I could prize it off but nothing was moving and I wasn't about to ruin the whole bust for the sake of trying to correct the position of the arc. It really is such a shame... such an odd mistake to make...clearly the guys in the factory didn't receive the memo that the Arc Reactor needed to point downwards and instead, all 3000 busts suffered the consequence.

The removable chest plate is awesome and is easily removable by the use of two strong magnets on either side...it couldn't more simpler or easier. Once again, the detail in the under-armour (once the chest plate has been removed) is gorgeous and the light up features really come to life once the chest plate is removed...I completely forgot that this clenched right fist also lighted up which was a nice surprise.

So back to the beginning...do I accept the refund or send it back? At the end of the day it's Iron Man and despite the Arc Reactor being the wrong way round I just feel the overall design and look of this bust is too good to not have...I'm not saying it compensates for the incorrect position of the Arc Reactor but when I put into perspective how much i'll be getting refunded and the overall quality of the bust, then I think I'd rather have this in my collection than not.

So here is a pic of mine...sorry again for the delay of not posting last night but after hanging around waiting for the Keaton Bats PF to get released and then unpacking the Iron Man bust, etc...time kind of got away! To see more pics please click on my display thread link...enjoy :wave

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...B-HAS-ARRIVED-180-3000*&p=6497640#post6497640

he2uza7a.jpg

Your pictures look awesome, Roberto. Lighting Iron Man from the bottom gives you different feeling. It's great. Where did u get that display glass (or plastic?) case by the way. It fits perfectly.

At this point, I won't be saying anything about messed up arc reactor anymore. I already said my take on that. I still love this and I don't even think about returning at all and this bust is only $350-400(with taxes and shipping) which is affordable for me. Beside all that, if I want to nitpick about the product. I would say I wish the gold face paint is more glossier. That's only thing I can think of.

Here's my new picture.

Your pictures look awesome, Roberto. Lighting Iron Man from the bottom gives you different feeling. It's great. Where did u get that display glass (or plastic?) case by the way. It fits perfectly.

At this point, I won't be saying anything about messed up arc reactor anymore. I already said my take on that. I still love this and I don't even think about returning at all and this bust is only $350-400(with taxes and shipping) which is affordable for me. Beside all that, if I want to nitpick about the product. I would say I wish the gold face paint is more glossier. That's only thing I can think of.

Here's my new picture.

Fantastic pic Patrix :clap and thanks for your kind words my friend. My case is indeed glass and just compliments this bust perfectly...once the lighting captures the armour it just reflects beautifully so yea, really happy with the display. Have you asked Sideshow about your refund?

Fantastic pic Patrix :clap and thanks for your kind words my friend. My case is indeed glass and just compliments this bust perfectly...once the lighting captures the armour it just reflects beautifully so yea, really happy with the display. Have you asked Sideshow about your refund?

Thanks, Roberto. No I didn't ask them for the refund. Is it possible to ask for a refund but still keeping this? :p

You made a case yourself or you bought it somewhere? I wonder if I can put this bust in DETOLF IKEA glass shelf. It's kind of heavy. I need a case.

Thanks, Roberto. No I didn't ask them for the refund. Is it possible to ask for a refund but still keeping this? :p

You made a case yourself or you bought it somewhere? I wonder if I can put this bust in DETOLF IKEA glass shelf. It's kind of heavy. I need a case.

That's right, just get in touch with Sideshow and they'll help you through it buddy :) I have a supplier who builds the cases to spec...I changed over from acrylic to glass due to the increasing cost of plastic cases...glass is the way forward for me now and certainly gives you that perfect museum-like finish to any display. Not sure about the detolf? I've always been too scared to display any high end collectible inside there just in case...:panic: :lol

Well this looks gorgeous!!!! Awesome pics guys. As for the arc I wonder if someone here, or SSC Even, could make a cover plate that would just slip over the arc that guys could use to correct the orientation?

Well this looks gorgeous!!!! Awesome pics guys. As for the arc I wonder if someone here, or SSC Even, could make a cover plate that would just slip over the arc that guys could use to correct the orientation?

thing is Spidey, the more covers you slip over the top, the less light will get through...the whole piece really needs to come off and boy did I try to remove it last night! That Arc is seriously welded to the bust! :lol Another solution would be to get the Iron Man 2 and Avengers movie re-made so that they can alter the arc so that its pointing upwards to match the bust :dunno :lol

That's right, just get in touch with Sideshow and they'll help you through it buddy :)
Did they happen to mention if it makes a difference that you already opened yours in terms of getting a partial refund? I don't have mine in hand yet but it is already out for delivery. If I have the option for a partial refund and to keep it there is a decent chance I would take it. I am afraid since I don't technically have it in hand that they would only give me the option of keep, no refund, or return for full refund. They said an email is supposed to be going out today detailing what options we have, maybe I'll just wait for that. Problem is it is Friday, and mine is supposed to arrive Monday, and I would really like to know what I will do before Monday arrives!

Not sure abt what happens if you've not recieved it already despite it being sent. I can't see there being a problem with you opening the box...after all, you waited long enough to see the darn thing looks like with your own eyes at least!!! :lol

Did they happen to mention if it makes a difference that you already opened yours in terms of getting a partial refund? I don't have mine in hand yet but it is already out for delivery. If I have the option for a partial refund and to keep it there is a decent chance I would take it. I am afraid since I don't technically have it in hand that they would only give me the option of keep, no refund, or return for full refund. They said an email is supposed to be going out today detailing what options we have, maybe I'll just wait for that. Problem is it is Friday, and mine is supposed to arrive Monday, and I would really like to know what I will do before Monday arrives!

If they don't offer a partial refund just return it.
Without the email you know nothing about the issue until you receive it :wink1:

I've contacted the retailer I ordered mine from. Explained to him that I'm not prepared to pay full price for a flawed item no one wants.
He is contacting his supplier.
I still want one, even though the gold faceplate looks very plastic and the excessive BD isn't the best.

I can't for the life of me understand why some people make excuses for Sideshows shabby work. And for those of you that see this as acceptable, let's say the reactor was wrong on the outer plate... Then what would you do? Would you send it back then and tell them "enough is enough", or would you still throw them your cash and say to them, "It's ok, mistakes happen so here's my $#!+ ton of cash".

I just don't get how this is acceptable to some of you... It's mass forgiveness like this that keeps their standards low. First thing I did after seeing this flaw was cancelled mine. If you keep yours, then you only have yourself to blame for their standards and quality control.

excellent post. This is another example of SS incompetence.

There will always be another iron man bust. The only way I would keep this is if there was a substantial discount.

If they don't offer a partial refund just return it.
Without the email you know nothing about the issue until you receive it :wink1:
Returning it if I want is the easy part. I was more hoping the email or some other information would let me know BEFORE hand that I am entitled to a partial refund, as I agree with you... I wouldn't mind keeping it, but not at full price, considering it may be discounted later. Or I guess, since I technically don't know about the issue:wink1:, I could open it and see the incorrect AR positioning, contact Customer Service, and find out what they are prepared to about it. Maaaaaan... you're not supposed to be stressed about a new arrival, it's supposed to be exciting!

Back