Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally had this on order from a local retailer for £280.
Another retailer has it up for £210 today with a discount code and casback.
Hope it looks better in hand like most have said and I don't get silly BD.

I wish you luck... as you know many of us got less than stellar pieces:(.

I want this statue so bad but after going through 3 sent to my house and 10 opened at sideshow they couldn't get one that was correct. i have a hard time supporting some thing that is so highly defective.

I want this statue so bad but after going through 3 sent to my house and 10 opened at sideshow they couldn't get one that was correct. i have a hard time supporting some thing that is so highly defective.

10 opened at Sideshow and not a single one good enough?!?! Wow... just.... WOW.

@spawn - What is more likely: Sideshow opened 10 new unshipped units? Or perhaps it's what some customer service person told you after they saw you also returned a string of Galactus PF statues.

They can lose one sale - yours - or blow 10 future sales by opening the factory seal on unsold merchandise.

@spawn - What is more likely: Sideshow opened 10 new unshipped units? Or perhaps it's what some customer service person told you after they saw you also returned a string of Galactus PF statues.

They can lose one sale - yours - or blow 10 future sales by opening the factory seal on unsold merchandise.

So your saying it's my fault they can't produce a non defective product? I did not know I was in there China factory over seeing production.

Bottom line is that a defective statue is still defective. 2 local comic shops also went though a hand full of this statue and out of 5 ordered they kept 1.

Galactus came broken 3 times, aka no lights, armes and head broken, and globs of glue all around the statue. Please tell me where it's my fault they came that way.

He didn't say it was your fault. I think he was suggesting you are very hard to please.

Broken is broken I would accept minor defects but will not accept a unibrow iron man, or light shining through his helmet at random areas or broken lights and arms

Less desirable paint apps are going to happen any time something is hand painted. You're talking about opinion and preference and even skill of the painter. Statues are collected in part because there are aspects of production that are hand crafted and that will always be part of the game.

What if SS started having paint apps printed? People will freak the f--- out. "How do they justify these prices? It's all done by computer?" The prestige factor takes a nosedive.

Look at the debate over Hot Toys printed paint apps on heads such as Joker 2.0. There were people butt hurt over HT trying to bring consistency to their products.

The occasional broken statue reflects on poor shipping more than it reflects on SS. A 20 pound box is being shipped from one side of the world to the other. Lots of steps involved, lots of chances for a box to fall.

Less desirable paint apps are going to happen any time something is hand painted. You're talking about opinion and preference and even skill of the painter. Statues are collected in part because there are aspects of production that are hand crafted and that will always be part of the game.

What if SS started having paint apps printed? People will freak the f--- out. "How do they justify these prices? It's all done by computer?" The prestige factor takes a nosedive.

The occasional broken statue reflects on poor shipping more than it reflects on SS. A 20 pound box is being shipped from one side of the world to the other. Lots of steps involved, lots of chances for a box to fall.

I told sideshow just to fix the paint job on one and send it back to me but that was not an option for them. broken pieces of a statue are going to happen with shipping, i agree with you 100%.

If these statues are hand painted how come they are not checked before boxing and shipping. This is what Quality Control is supposed to do. Trust me i do QC/VT work for the Department of Transportation so i know how this system works. Nothing on my 64 billion dollar project gets built with out my approval where QC stands. I inspect every single inch of my project.

Sadly sideshow just hopes that we the buyers will just be ok with crap paint jobs and miss placed arc reactors and or expects us to fix them. We as the consumer have all the power but sadly we are junkies and can not stop buying their statues :)

IRON MAN IS IN DA HOUSE!

Ok, where do I start.
I've given this piece a bit of a bashing and rightly so.
As we all know the AR is upsidedown, the Battle Damage is very poor and the paint is pretty bad but...
He is so ******* cool!

The paint is bad, the BD is bad but if it wasn't for the BD the awful paint would stand out more.
Obvious brush strokes, overlapping lines, I even have a Silver paint leak on the plastic triangle on the chest plate and the faceplate awful bad close up but again he is so cool.

If I payed full price I wouldn't be happy but would still probably keep it. The fact that I got it for 25% less than my original pre-order makes me happy and I knew it wouldn't be perfect.
Very happy to have him amongst my display. Yes a missed opportunity for an amazing piece but still a very nice LSB.

I put him on the table and my son walked in a just stood there, jaw dropped.

Last edited:
Thats good to hear. When you ordered it from Zavvi, did it say pre-order for December? Strange how yours has shipped and mine is still processing.

Thats good to hear. When you ordered it from Zavvi, did it say pre-order for December? Strange how yours has shipped and mine is still processing.
Every Sideshow item on Zavvi says due in December.
I knew it was instock as soon as it directed me to the payment page.
Must be waiting on more stock.

One thing I liked was Zavvi wrap the box in like a black clingfilm so noone knows whats in the box during transit.

Last edited:
So your saying it's my fault they can't produce a non defective product? I did not know I was in there China factory over seeing production.

Bottom line is that a defective statue is still defective. 2 local comic shops also went though a hand full of this statue and out of 5 ordered they kept 1.

Galactus came broken 3 times, aka no lights, armes and head broken, and globs of glue all around the statue. Please tell me where it's my fault they came that way.

:exactly:

You won't convince the apologists regardless of how much common sense you use. This junk could have shipped painted pink and they would have a dozen excuses of why you should buy it at some discount and let Sideshow off the hook. If if was made by anyone else they'd be hammering the ever loving crap out of them though.

Last edited:
Back