Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this early stage I am slightly worried about a complete fluff up by Sideshow :slap It would appear that they have screwed up the Arc Reactor and fitted it upside down! :horror to rub salt in the wounds, even the recast version is CORRECT!!! :lol So far, it looks like the only two that we've seen pics of so far have the same defect and if mine is the same i'll be having words with Sideshow cos that is just such a ****-up! :slap Now if the Arc Reactor was removable...then that would be a different story! :rock

5a6e3uda.jpg

Last edited:
At this early stage I am slightly worried about a complete fluff up by Sideshow :slap It would appear that they have screwed up the Arc Reactor and fitted it upside down! :horror to rub salt in the wounds, even the recast version is CORRECT!!! :lol So far, it looks like the only two that we've seen pics of so far have the same defect and if mine is the same i'll be having words with Sideshow cos that is just such a ****-up! :slap Now if the Arc Reactor was removable...then that would be a different story! :rock

5a6e3uda.jpg
Ohh come on sideshow with over a year of delays that really is a new level of stupidity

Ohh come on sideshow with over a year of delays that really is a new level of stupidity

Ha! Its comical isn't it :lol Once mine arrives i'll check and see if the cap of the arc reactor can be removed somehow so I can turn it the correct way...I cant imagine it being a solid piece...it may even be a decal?

lets hope so Andy....sideshow is the Forest Gump of collectible companies.....there you go they got my award....with a gold star

lets hope so Andy....sideshow is the Forest Gump of collectible companies.....there you go they got my award....with a gold star

Well, as it turns out, the position of the arc reactor may actually be correct. It depends on how you look at it...for example if you look at this picture of Tony Stark...you'll see that Arc Reactor now looks like the Sideshow version :rock problem fixed!!!!

8u2y4eju.jpg

owww sorry sideshow....no they still do sme dumb things..... occasionally :lol

Hahaha! Dave, that picture of Tony Stark is upside down lol! Sideshow still got it wrong! :lol

I feel like Sideshow are like that lab guy in the first Iron Man movie who Obidiah Stane is trying to have him build a replica of the arc reactor...

Sideshow: 'Mr. Stane. Sir, we've explored what you've asked us and it seems as though there's a little hiccup. Actually, um...'

Obidiah: 'A hiccup?'

Sideshow: 'Yes, see, the design you gave us of the Arc Reactor has the pointy bit of the triangle facing down sir, however, the technology we have here doesn't actually allow us to make it that way. So it...'

Obidiah: 'Here is the technology. I've asked you to simply make it so the pointy bit of the triangle is facing downwards'

Sideshow: 'All right, and that's what we're trying to do, but... honestly, it's impossible'

Obidiah: 'Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!'

:lol :lol :lol

Well, as it turns out, the position of the arc reactor may actually be correct. It depends on how you look at it...for example if you look at this picture of Tony Stark...you'll see that Arc Reactor now looks like the Sideshow version :rock problem fixed!!!!

8u2y4eju.jpg
Printed that, and will display in background.
Problem fixed! Tx bud!

Wonder if all arcs are upside down or just a handful. Hope others weigh in once they get their IM LSB package.

Wonder if all arcs are upside down or just a handful. Hope others weigh in once they get their IM LSB package.

Well so far, its been 2 from 2 that we've seen on this forum...anyone check the SF? Mine has arrived at home so wont be able to check until I've put my little treasures to bed :wink1:

Hey guys, just wanted to weigh in on the ARC issue. I was so excited with it yesterday that it skipped my inspection. Good thing someone else noticed as I probably would have found out too late since I would be keeping the chest plate on.

So upon inspection it's all one solid piece that seems to be glued on separately. You'll have to take off the whole circular piece if you want to rearrange it unfortunately.

If it was something that moved like a dial I wouldn't cause a fuss but you'll actually have to do a little work to fix this.

Wow, I can't believe Sideshow found a way to **** this up. :mad:

You know this reminds me when I worked at a restaurant where we had pictures of how the Chef wanted the food to be plated that night, in order to avoid inconsistencies. It was totally idiot proof... I'm surprised a company like sideshow can't be bothered to pay a guy to look at these before, during and after production in order to prevent stupid (yet massive) mistakes like this to happen. One of the things I hate most about this hobby is when we pay for something and then got come back here to find ways to improved or fix it something that is FRESH out of the box.

I shouldn't have to repaint, resew (looking at you Batman PF) or reglue ANYTHING!

What were they thinking? :ohbfrank:

8u2y4eju.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl

So...seriously, the arc reactor is upside down on all of these?

So far patrix and my own have upside down arcs. I'm assuming they're all like this.

Will open mine tonight and check...I've already emailed William at Sideshow so hoping to hear his thoughts on this and perhaps get a replacement sent out or indeed a nice hefty partial refund should suffice :lecture

Back