Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, 5 :(

I had little expectation going in - I like the first one but am no massive Iron Man fan. Just hoped for a good sequel.

Without going into too much detail, some of the story just felt flat. Seemed to take a loooong time to go anywhere, and when it did it was all over waaaaay too quickly. Whiplash was nicely built up, then... puff! Over.

Shame as Rouke was great.

The party scene and what followed felt overly contrived and unnecessary too. Forced animosity. Other events also seemed rushed and, well, pointless. Drama set up in one scene was quickly dealt with in others.

A few good one-liners, but yeah. Ultimately an aberage follow-up I thought.

I think your overall score is a bit harsh but I agree with your points. Party scene was cringe worthy and reminded me of spiderman 3.

i'm surprised nobody said or saw this.

when tony open up the howard suit case, there is a captain america comic and pamphlet. i saw this twice seeing the movie twice. nobody?!

Yep, 5 :(

I had little expectation going in - I like the first one but am no massive Iron Man fan. Just hoped for a good sequel.

Without going into too much detail, some of the story just felt flat. Seemed to take a loooong time to go anywhere, and when it did it was all over waaaaay too quickly. Whiplash was nicely built up, then... puff! Over.

Shame as Rouke was great.

The party scene and what followed felt overly contrived and unnecessary too. Forced animosity. Other events also seemed rushed and, well, pointless. Drama set up in one scene was quickly dealt with in others.

A few good one-liners, but yeah. Ultimately an aberage follow-up I thought.

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

To clear up some confusion about the Marvel timeline it supposedly goes like this:

Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
First Avenger: Captain America (The modern scenes)
The Avengers

There is some discussion based on a line in the script in Thor:

“There was brilliant scientist. He was a genius with gamma radiation and somehow S.H.I.E.L.D. made him disappear.”

Kevin Feige remarked recently that Thor and The Incredible Hulk occur in the same timeframe but if that line stays in the film one would assume that Thor occurs either right after or right before Banner makes his reappearance depending on what they are referring to since The Incredible Hulk already has SHIELD tech there.

I keep thinking of 2 scenes in particular, 1 from TIH and the other from IM1.

In TIH, Hulk becomes upset at the "thunderstorm" and gives it a good roar and chucks a boulder towards the sky.

In IM1, the large explosion at the end sends a long arc towards the sky making for a huge electrical discharge accompanied with a deep rumble of energy.

Where does all that fit in :dunno

Any significance :dunno

Did the explosion at the end of IM1 open up a portal for Thor :dunno

Does Thor even need a portal :lol

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I'm not very knowledgable about Thor, he never really interested me, and all I know about him is from the Avengers, and other tie-ins with Hulk and Iron Man.
I'm hoping the upcoming movie will make me a fan.

Here's some comments to all those who have seen the movie

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Watched this movie on Saturday night and liked it just as much
as the first one. I cant wait for the upcoming Thor and Cap movies.

Spoiler Spoiler:

For something that shows up for 30 seconds. I doubt it. Why would you want it anyway? It looked crap.

Iron Man 2 Earns $100.2M Its First 5 Days Internationally

Source: ComingSoon.net May 2, 2010

ComingSoon.net has posted the estimates for the weekend box office and reports that Iron Man 2 got a big start internationally:

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios opened Iron Man 2 internationally a week earlier to give it more time before the World Cup starts on June 11th. The highly-anticipated sequel earned an impressive $100.2 million its first five days from 6,764 theaters in 53 foreign markets for a strong average of $14,814 per site. IMAX Corporation reported that the film grossed $2.25 million at 48 IMAX theaters overseas - an average of $46,875. That's a new record for a 2D release, surpassing 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ($2.1 million). Directed by Jon Favreau, the movie stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling, John Slattery, Kate Mara and Clark Gregg.

Meh, Looked too much like a certain character in the first movie. Also it made the final fight in the first movie look epic.

I tried to use the spoiler thing but it didnt work. Hopefully I'm not giving too much away here. I'm not mentioning any character names.

I tried to use the spoiler thing but it didnt work. Hopefully I'm not giving too much away here. I'm not mentioning any character names.

For me, it's not about the spoilers......I'm just bummed reading that the final battle was even more lame than in IM1, although for me it wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be for IM1.

But man, I was so looking forward to IM2 blowing away IM1......

But that no longer seems to be the case.....booo. :slap

Last edited:
Back