Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's right. Most people hate avatar. And behind all the glitz and special effects there isn't much going for it. Kind of like IM 2. LOL

Ive watched it 3 times since opening day on friday. Im sure its not gonna be the last though.

Might catch this again later at lunch break :D

I think overall its pretty ok. I kinda enjoy it better after watching it the third time. Gonna be getting all the HT IM2 stuffs :rock

a question bout the v2 whiplash costume at the finale, hopefully someone could give me an answer (mike, Im lookin at you)
Spoiler Spoiler:

a question bout the v2 whiplash costume at the finale, hopefully someone could give me an answer (mike, Im lookin at you)
Spoiler Spoiler:

Actors tend 2 like screen time...or face time i should say ..remember topher grace in spidey3......o boy:ohbfrank:

topher.jpg

Either way, my tickets are bought for opening day.

I've decided that if I don't like it, I will only see it 4 times. :lol

jye, that's a lot of money to spend on something u don't like.

anyway, the final showdown almost ruined the entire movie for me. even some hardcore ironman fanboys/apologists that i know slammed that scene. they built whiplash up to be this ultimate badass, so it's a crime how they handled his character in the end. sigh.

Spoiler Spoiler:

i also had an issue with that. it just seemed really really dumb to
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup, that bothered the hell outta me too :gah:

He's right. Most people hate avatar. And behind all the glitz and special effects there isn't much going for it. Kind of like IM 2. LOL

I respectfully disagree, Colonel. :lecture There was plenty going for Iron Man 2:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sure, the balance between style and substance could have been better exacted, and the action was a little sparse, but for me this film topped the first (which was far more steeped in summer blockbuster cliche).

Entitled to your opinion but to be honest most of the issues that Tony faced have been done to death in superhero movies. Especially in the sequel. My main gripe was how whiplash was wasted and his scenes were second fiddle to the whole milatary thing which was extremely dull. And don't get me started on the whole avengers set up. The end fight was so ridiculously crap too.

Entitled to your opinion but to be honest most of the issues that Tony faced have been done to death in superhero movies. Especially in the sequel. My main gripe was how whiplash was wasted and his scenes were second fiddle to the whole milatary thing which was extremely dull. And don't get me started on the whole avengers set up. The end fight was so ridiculously crap too.

I agree with you there with respect to the Avengers theme; I don't like to be watching a movie as if it were an advertisement for another movie. I didn't stick around for the Thor teaser after the credits, because to be honest my interest in Marvel and the whole Avengers thing is low. Call me crazy, but the character of 'Thor' is really scrapin' the barrel.

I also agree on the whole Avengers theme in IM2. I went to see IRONMAN 2, NOT The Avengers 0.5 - felt like an extended trailer for what was to come.

And if you felt the end fight in IM1 was lame, man are you gonna be disappointed with this...

It's been a few days since I saw the film. I've had time to think it over and I think I got my score wrong.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.

Not trying to piss on anyone's fireworks here - I'm sure some will get something out of it - but as a casual Marvel fan who just wanted a good follow-up to a great film, I was left... underwhelmed.

He didnt kill venom...Sam Rami did.

Correction. Sam Raimi didn't kill Venom, Avi Arad did. Raimi was opposed to even using Venom but Arad insisted and threw the "fan's needs" behind his argument, Sam caved and the rewrites were obvious as the Venom character seemed smashed into an established story. Raimi just takes the heat for it. Unfortunately Arad is on the executive producers list for the reboot as well so lets see if he screws it up again.

Call me crazy, but the character of 'Thor' is really scrapin' the barrel.

You're crazy. :lol Thor is a classic character from Silver Age Marvel and the only reason why he hasn't been exposed more is because he has been hard to make serious and comes off cheesy. If anyone can do it, Kenneth Branagh can but I worry more about Thor in the hands of some other director for The Avengers like Whedon. If they included Wonder Man, Mockingbird or Living Lightning (all members of the West Coast Avengers) then I would say they are scraping the bottom of the barrel but I don't think you can put Thor in that category in the grand scheme and dogma of Marvel then you can of Captain America or Hulk.

I also agree on the whole Avengers theme in IM2. I went to see IRONMAN 2, NOT The Avengers 0.5 - felt like an extended trailer for what was to come.

This is unfortunate and also Kevin Feige's fault. Since Iron Man's success and the Incredible Hulk's lack of, he has been saying that they were going to use IM's films to start expanding the Marvel Studios universe which looks like they've done too far here. :gah:

Iron Man stood on its own with a couple of nods, Thor will except if the rumors about the end are true, Cap will to a degree. Its unfortunate that Iron Man 2 is started to sound like just a connector piece to The Avengers especially when Downey/Favreau are only scheduled for one more Iron Man film via contract. A film can kick ass and be a wasted opportunity, it sounds like this might be. Either way I'll be there on Friday, smile blazing.

Last edited:
Iron Man 2

I enjoyed the movie, but there are a few things that really bugs me.

Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes
Seriously, he is lacking chemistry with RDJ. When it was Terence Howard, you really get a feeling that he is best friends with RDJ, they way they spoke and have little arguments.Don just spoke like a robot, he has no emotions, no chemistry...he's just not very suited to take over the character that was established in the first movie.

Screen time for all the different suits...let's just say they are not enough.

War Machine suit is cool.....but doesn't really live up to its name, I think he got owned pretty bad.

Spoilers on the final battle
Spoiler Spoiler:

What they did good, the story, character development (especially for Tony Stark). Special Effects are decent, great performance by most of the actors/actresses.

Best addition to the movie: Scarlett Johansssn! Nuff Said!

I just saw the film tonight at an early screening and I enjoyed it.

I thought they did War Machine pretty well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back