Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen the film last night ..it was very enjoyable and really funny..not as good as the first, but with all the new characters n everything it was pretty cool ..id give it a 7/10 ..as there were some little things that bugged me about it ..and some scenes could have been a bit longer imo.

Spoiler Spoiler:
pretty sure the line was like this. correct me if i'm wrong.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw the film a few hours ago. Although I enjoyed it, I must say I'm a bit dissapointed. So little Iron Man in this, lots of Tony Stark and many new characters taking up screen time. And the end fight... what a dissapointment. Over before you know it :(

Favourite line: (about the new chest arc: "tastes like coconut... and metal" :lol

Oh, and proud to say War Machine is carrying some Belgian firepower too :D :rock

Last edited:
saw it today, i really liked it a great progression from the first but so anti-climatic with the antagonist at the end. bit sparse on pepper and Stark but still completley enjoyable.

Spoiler Spoiler:

pretty sure the line was like this. correct me if i'm wrong.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Close. It was...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's some comments to all those who have seen the movie

Spoiler Spoiler:

So if IM1 was on average between an 8.0 to 8.5, what would you rate IM2?

A solid 7.0.
IM1 had more fun and action.
IM2 has more drama.

Also wondering how much footage was cut out. Some parts seem so rushed. And that scene from the trailer with Pepper "You complete me!", was nowhere to be seen in the movie

Last edited:
yeah..the scene where pepper kiss the helmet and threw down the building...and the party scene where tony was drunk in his suit and letting one of the female party guest to shoot from his glove (i think)

oh yeah... i quote this from my friend's review of ironman 2..

Sometime you just want to ____ the girl but she's playing hard to get. You keep going after her, buying her gifts and bringing her to eat the good food... You know, the same old ____ over and over?

Just when you thought it's getting too lengthly and you want to declare enough is enough, she gives you a coy smile and then you two are at it.

The action begins & it just starts to get exciting but because you have been waiting for this for so long that before you know it, it's over. A matter of seconds.

And that left you wondering, "what the ____!?"

:lol

And that's iron man 2 for you.

hey folks, i watched iron man 2 on friday. i'm too lazy to do a proper review, but here's my opinion of it in a nutshell...

i did like the movie but was left with a very very distinct feeling of unrealized potential. iron man 2 is very obviously one of those films that suffered from the screenwriter's strike in late 08/early 09.

the script was rushed out (by justin theroux, plus some re-polishing by several other uncredited script doctors) in order to avoid being stalled by the strike, and to make the very tight production timeline imposed on director jon favreau. in fact, favreau almost exited the project due to disagreements with marvel studios over the release date, as well his salary. he (rightfully) argued that the story would suffer if it wasn't given enough thought. and so, here we are in may 2010, and the fallout of those shortcomings is all there, up on the screen. sigh.

now, the fact that part 2 is still a fairly entertaining pic is due to the sheer force of robert downey jr's unstoppable charisma. he is the x factor that makes it all work. whenever he's onscreen, whatever muddled, messy narrative throughline that the plot suffers from is momentarily forgotten. the man is that good. and so is the rest of the principal male cast. mickey rourke & sam rockwell continue to burn up the screen with their own brand of thespian wattage.

don cheadle, terrence howard's replacement as rhodey, is a little less successful. he's a bit too stoic to really register. but that's more a testament to the magnetism of the other actors he's playing against. he's the straight (forward) man to RDJ's woozy enthusiasm and rockwell's sleazy, wannabe-cool desperation. in other words, it's a thankless, unglamorous role and cheadle makes the best of it. scarjo is just there to be hot and it's ok. it's what the role requires, and she pulls it off. gwyneth paltrow still bugs me, so nothing's changed.

ok, i just realized i've been straying into critic territory. so i'll just cut it short and limit the remainder of my criticism to this: too talky at some points (this is one the most verbose scripts i've come across in a superhero flick!), not enough iron man action, and very anti-climatic final battle with whiplash.

other than that, iron man 2 isn't the disaster some critics are claiming. it definitely failed to realize it's own potential (if it had continued the almost effortless tone of the first film) as a follow-up. but i think it's one of those superhero sequels that will be much better received later down the line, on blu-ray/dvd. when the initial disappointment of the expectations have died down and the dust settles on the annoyance of the insufficient action beats, part 2 will be considered a solid middle chapter in the iron man saga.

Saw it yesterday. Personally I'd give it a 5/10, maybe a 6. Felt disjointed in parts to me. Seemed to lack the personality of the first. And not enough action. Best part for me was Scarlett kicking asre :)

Back