Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Casting News for 'Iron Man 2'
According to Mania, American Gladiator and professional wrestler Matt Morgan spoke up about his role in Iron Man 2:

"I don't want to get myself in trouble," the athlete/entertainer said during the podcast. "I'm also being [cast] in 'Iron Man 2', as obviously a villain. I can't really go into which character I'll be playing yet."

Sounds interesting. I just hope there is no Crimson Dynamo.

And now we've got more casting info according to Spoiler TV:

Iron Man 2 - New Casting Call

[HOT BRUNETTE] Beautiful, sexy and authoritative. Please submit Caucasian actresses ages 25 - 28.

[MONGOLIAN GANGSTER] Various ages.

[FRENCH WAITER] Male, 30's. Must have authentic Monaco accent.

[RUSSIAN GUARDS] Various ages. Must speak fluent Russian.

[MALE] late 40's - mid 50's. Handsome, intelligent and dynamic. Please submit Caucasian actors.

[TECHNICIANS] Smart, capable, 20's. Please submit all ethnicities.

We also heard about a Mongolian thug casting call which is GREAT because that could pave the way for The Mandarin to be in it.

Rourke Says "You Bet Your Ass" To Iron Man 2
Our buds over at IESB.net have got some video of Mickey Rourke out on Madison Ave in NYC. In this video Rourke is asked about Iron Man 2, and his response is "Bet Your Ass!"
Now what can we take away from this? Well it looks like Iron Man 2 is not off the table for Rourke, or he is at least down with the idea. All I know is Mickey Rourke would be a great villain, and I am hoping that he signs on for IM2. Seeing him opposite Downey Jr. would make for some pretty intense moments on film. So would I like to see Rourke in IM2? Bet Your Ass!!!

Rourke Says "You Bet Your Ass" To Iron Man 2
Our buds over at IESB.net have got some video of Mickey Rourke out on Madison Ave in NYC. In this video Rourke is asked about Iron Man 2, and his response is "Bet Your Ass!"
Now what can we take away from this? Well it looks like Iron Man 2 is not off the table for Rourke, or he is at least down with the idea. All I know is Mickey Rourke would be a great villain, and I am hoping that he signs on for IM2. Seeing him opposite Downey Jr. would make for some pretty intense moments on film. So would I like to see Rourke in IM2? Bet Your Ass!!!

Just to add to Mike's post.

It's official. Rourke has signed on. :rock

According to a report on the radio this morning Scarlett Johansson has also signed on as Black Widow.

ScarJo & Mickey Rourke Help Raise Iron Curtain
E! Online Thu Mar 12, 2009, 4:33 am EDT

Scarlett Johansson is joining the superhero set.

Her rep confirms that the actress has signed on to play Black Widow in the Iron Man sequel opposite Robert Downey Jr. The deal was signed this afternoon.

"Scarlett is thrilled to be a part of Iron Man," her rep, Marcel Pariseau, tells me.

Meanwhile, after months of negotiations...

The Wrestler's comeback kid, Mickey Rourke, has finally sealed a deal to play villain Whiplash, according to Variety.

Rourke's team had reportedly held out for more money after Marvel's initial offer was just $250,000.

Scheduled for a May 2010 release, part two of the franchise will also include Gwyneth Paltrow returning as Pepper Potts, along with Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Don Cheadle playing Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes.

speaking of the wrestler, i'd be MORE than happy if they'd cast marisa tomei as black widow. :monkey5

damn, that woman has aged well. her body is amazing even for someone half her age.

still, scarjo ain't half bad. at least she's hot, unlike kirsten dunst, or gwyneth paltrow. bleh.

Well it s beginning.Just read Gwyneth Paltrows leaving London on Monday to start shooting her scenes.

Olga Kurylenko should be Black Widow

I know its probably too late but Olga should have been announced as Black Widow. Check her out in Hitman and QoS.

olga_kurylenko_1.jpg

olga_kurylenko2.jpg

1106_olga-kurylenko-fhm-0011.jpg

28ioyrq.jpg

olga_kurylenko2-1.jpg

Back