Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Olga Kurylenko should be Black Widow

I know its probably too late but Olga should have been announced as Black Widow. Check her out in Hitman and QoS.

olga_kurylenko_1.jpg

olga_kurylenko2.jpg

1106_olga-kurylenko-fhm-0011.jpg

28ioyrq.jpg

olga_kurylenko2-1.jpg

Black Widow indeed. :drool

Gary Oldman Spotted on Iron Man 2 Lot
April 8, 2009

Gary Oldman was recently spotted on the Los Angeles set of Iron Man 2, and though there's no confirmation as to the role he's tackling, rumor has it he could be Howard Stark, Tony's industrious father. Considering the fact that he's still in the middle of shooting another role in Mexico (the villain in Book of Eli), the role has to be a small one.

The question is, how does DC feel about Oldman jumping to a Marvel property after his turn on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

Then again, considering the fact it's bound to be a few years before they're ready to start shooting the third in the series, I'm sure he's free to take on such roles in the interim period.

Also in Iron Man 2 news, IESB reports that Garry Shandling has been added to the cast as Senator Stern.

First Shots of Don Cheadle Replacing Terrence Howard
April 7, 2009

iron-man-cheadle.jpg

SpoilerTV (via Coming Soon) has posted the first shots from the set of Iron Man 2, including Robert Downey Jr. in man-heels, Gwyneth Paltrow in a car, and the above look at Don Cheadle as Rhodey. I was a little nervous about the casting switch being awkward, but now that I've seen how well Cheadle is replicating Rhodey's classic "casual but mystified by cell phones" look, no more worries. He's got it.

ef6a9884ae90d7f9283e412f2205b688.jpg

68ab5b38a6c3700f438da614702ae25a.jpg

Link Iron Man 2 Set Pics

Love Triangle Plot in 'Iron Man 2' Confirmed
April 08, 2009 03:44:47 GMT

In a recent interview, Robert Downey Jr. has given thumbs up to the rumored 'Iron Man 2' plot of love triangle among Pepper Potts, Tony Stark and Black Widow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Stark will indeed be involved in a love triangle with his assistant Pepper Potts and Russian female fatale Black Widow in "Iron Man 2". Robert Downey Jr., the actor who plays Stark a.k.a. Iron Man in both "Iron Man" and its sequel, has confirmed the matter himself during a recent press junket for "The Soloist".

When asked by MTV News whether he'd be 1/3 of a love triangle in the film, the Academy Award-nominee for "Tropic Thunder" responded simply, "Heck yeah, Wouldn't you?" While making sure that the love triangle plot will play a part in the storyline, the 44-year-old actor didn't elaborate more on how exactly the love triangle will work out in the sequel.

On another "Iron Man 2" update, JFXOnline.com has posted a video taken from the set of the first shooting day. The footage gives a look at director Jon Favreau and some of the key actors, including Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow. Sam Rockwell and Garry Shandling are also spotted on the set video.

"Iron Man 2" has started its principal photography Monday, April 6. Director Jon Favreau is back once again serving as the helmer for the superhero adaptation, while Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow reprise their roles as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Pepper Potts. The two will be joined by Don Cheadle who will take on Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes in place of Terrence Howard, Scarlett Johansson who will portray Black Widow, and Mickey Rourke who has been signed to play a Russian villain character. The film is set to hit U.S. theaters on May 7, 2010.

new set pics !

ironman21.jpg

ironman22.jpg

ironman23.jpg

There is a video of this
Gary Shandling is there for some reason. I'm sure somebody will enlighten me on why.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-anBRqZgtoY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-anBRqZgtoY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gary Oldman NOT in Iron Man 2, First Look at Garry Shandling as Senator Stern
Posted on Tuesday, April 7th, 2009 at 10:13 pm by: Peter Sciretta

Yesterday we told you that comedian/actor Garry Shandling had been cast in Iron Man 2, either as a reporter or Senator. Shandling responded on Twitter about the internet confussion over his role in the film, saying “I can’t wait to see the movie to see who I actually play.” It turns out that he is playing a character named Senator Stern. Pacific Coast News caught Shandling on set dressed in a shirt and a tie, no wonder he was mistaken for “a reporter”.

Update: Gary Oldman’s Manager has dismissed rumors that the Dark Knight star has been cast in Iron Man 2: “Mr Oldman has not visited the set of Iron Man and there are currently no plans for him to appear in an Iron Man film. I hope this clears up the recent rumors.” [coventrytelegraph]

Article by dsource
RDJ Gives Updates On 'Iron Man 2'

Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub over at Collider was fortunate enough to attend the press day for The Soloist and was able to join a Round Table Discussion with Robert Downey Jr.

He managed to sneak in a few Iron Man 2 and Sherlock Holmes questions and get some great answers from the man himself. Lots of other things were discussed in the time allocated to the group so let’s cut to chase and see what Tony Stark has to say for himself.

This years Comic-Con, are you looking forward to it and is anything special planned?

RDJ: “Goddamn right I am.”

As Steve points out, it was at Comic-Con where Jon Favreau premiered a few minutes of footage and the crowd went absolutely crazy. They proceeded to break the internet as they went to tell their friends and indeed, the world about what they had just seen.

Soo, anything cool planned?
RDJ: “Yes, what do you think?”

That’s all we needed to hear, if you can make it to Comic-Con, make sure you grab a front row seat and let us know what you see!

Is it true that Gary Shandling is playing a Senator? Where does he fit into the story?

RDJ: Day one I’m doing a Senate hearing where the government is saying the Iron Man tech needs to be turned over to the Senator and the Senator is Gary Shandling. And we had this fantastic day that was somehow this controlled chaos of a Senate hearing where I keep interrupting them and dah dah dah.

Tell us about why you are taking Iron Man 2 so seriously and the responsibilities that come with it.

RDJ: And I’ve never been in a sequel and it’s very daunting because I feel the expectation of the millions of people who watched it and enjoyed it and told me that it was a little different than your usual genre picture and that they expected us to not screw it up. So I actually have taken “Iron Man 2” probably more seriously than any movie I’ve ever done, which is appropriately ridiculous for Hollywood.

I’ve added Jon Favreau to my Twitter list and I’m getting some great updates from the set. What does Robert think of his Twittering?

RDJ: Jon is my brother and he is the keeper of the “Iron Man” flame and whatever he wants to do, within reason, to keep his anxieties at bay is absolutely fine with me.

Has the suit been improved from the first film?

RDJ: Everything has been improved. Everything is ergonomic and the story is incredibly risky and artistic for a big genre movie.

In which way risky?

RDJ: The set pieces have to do with things that aren’t your typical like bad guy conflict. The relationships are very complex and hilarious. The motivations Tony has and why he turns around and does things has completely to do with his own internal processes and it really is, I think, as much as we tried to in the first one really see behind the façade of this kind of storytelling. We really, I think, leaving ourselves open to…we’re kind of trying to tell a story about how a dysfunctional family saves life on Earth as we know it.

For this film you have Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell. You have an insane cast.

RDJ: It’s huge.

Could you talk about working with Mickey?

RDJ: I could if we shot together. I’ve seen his stuff and it is literally remarkable. Literally remarkable. He’s so good. And he’s formidable and he’s very much reminding me of that kind of charming, confident guy that we know. Sam Rockwell, on the first day of shooting I was like “if this guy thinks he’s going to be funnier and cooler than me (laughter) and it was a photo-finish. Scarlett Johansson, amazing. Don Cheadle is just rocking it.

On how does his career feel nowadays with the “Iron Man 2” shooting and “The Soloist” coming out…

RDJ: And “Sherlock” in the can. Don’t even get me started on “Sherlock Holmes”. I might have a double-franchise by three days after Christmas.

Robert was asked about how he prepares for his roles and does he consume himself. He gave a pretty long answer and he also might have told Steve and the table the running time for “Sherlock Holmes”.

RDJ: And then I went and did “Sherlock Holmes” which was technically really difficult and period, but I am kicking ass for 2-1/2 hours and all this stuff I’ve been learning for five years suddenly I’m like co-choreographing with these veteran stunt guys and bad-asses. And I’m in there having this just meat eating, man slaughtering competition with these guys and then at the same time playing a very reserved Brit and that to me was a massive education.

Two and a half hours? Sounds good to me! Even if it comes in under that, Holmes is one film I’m really looking forward to. Steve will be posting the entire transcript later in the week so keep an eye out for it and what else RDJ has to say!

has it been confirmed that Whiplash is the tech baddie in this one? i'm kind of disappointed that it's not crimson dynamo, I'd much rather see him in the movie than whiplash, in fact, there's plenty of Iron man villains i'd rather see than whiplash.

has it been confirmed that Whiplash is the tech baddie in this one? i'm kind of disappointed that it's not crimson dynamo, I'd much rather see him in the movie than whiplash, in fact, there's plenty of Iron man villains i'd rather see than whiplash.

Whiplash!!

Are you kidding me?

Whiplash!!

Are you kidding me?

lol sorry, no, i'm not. Rourke is supposed to play whiplash from what i've heard. it was originally rumored it was dynamo, but other reports have all signs pointing to whiplash, and I think there was one official announcement that said Rourke was casted AS whiplash. but I never heard anything past that.

While Whiplash isn't the first Iron Man villian that comes to mind, he is a classic villain and if you look at the conceptual sketches for the new animated Iron Man cartoon, it a possibility that we won't get something that look like this:

200px-Whiplash_(Mark_Scarlotti)_003.jpg

and something that looks more like the conceptuals:

whiplash.jpg

this is another rumor I heard, that they are actually combining the characters of whiplash and dynamo. where the villain starts off as whiplash and then upgrades his armor to the tech heavy dynamo sort of like how stark upgraded his armor though out the first iron man movie.

I read something similar but not that it'd be Crimson Dynamo but that Whiplash realizes that he can't beat Iron Man so he goes to Hammer for a suit who happily provides. So that there'd be two different versions of Whiplash, the human version and the in the suit version. That'd definitely tie into the conceptuals above.

I read something similar but not that it'd be Crimson Dynamo but that Whiplash realizes that he can't beat Iron Man so he goes to Hammer for a suit who happily provides. So that there'd be two different versions of Whiplash, the human version and the in the suit version. That'd definitely tie into the conceptuals above.

I actually like the way this sounds, about having the character evolve through out the movie, I think this could be really cool if they do it this way.

Kate Mara And Clark Gregg Have Joined Iron Man 2
by Outsiders in Marvel at 08:43 PM on 2009.04.23

Kate Mara and Clark Gregg have joined Marvel's "Iron Man 2," being directed by Jon Favreau and currently shooting in Manhattan Beach, Calif.

Mara's role is being kept under wraps.

Gregg is returning as Agent Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

For those who don't know Kate Mara is this beauty here:

katemara.jpg

kate-mara-naked-0309.JPG

She was in the Disney superhero flick "Zoom".

Kate Mara And Clark Gregg Have Joined Iron Man 2
by Outsiders in Marvel at 08:43 PM on 2009.04.23

Kate Mara and Clark Gregg have joined Marvel's "Iron Man 2," being directed by Jon Favreau and currently shooting in Manhattan Beach, Calif.

Mara's role is being kept under wraps.

Gregg is returning as Agent Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

For those who don't know Kate Mara is this beauty here:

katemara.jpg

kate-mara-naked-0309.JPG

She was in the Disney superhero flick "Zoom".

I wonder if she would be Maria Hill?

Back