Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this blogger's comments sum it up greatly:

What the ^^^^ is going here? Iron Man made over $575 million worldwide, and everyone knows Iron Man 2 is a license to print money. Why is hell is Marvel even ^^^^ing around with this

Mickey Rourke Low-balled for Iron Man 2
January 20, 2009

Marvel dosen't understand the value of a Golden Globe I guess. According to Variety the all things super hero powerhouse decided that they would only offer Mickey Rourke $250K to play the lead villain in the film.

How that deal makes any sense to anyone I have no clue.

Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in "Iron Man 2" — but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel; Marvel’s tactics have already prompted Samuel L. Jackson to swear off playing Nick Fury because of a similarly low offer.

Wtf?!?!! That offer's insulting. They better not ^^^^ it up because they won't open up there wallets.

Don't be this guy, Marvel.
scrooge2.jpg

Mickey Rourke will not be Crimson Dynamo
Mickey Rourke will not be Crimson Dynamo in next Iron Man film according to Robert Downey Jr.. While this interview with MTV doesn't confirm or deny that he is even in the film they do lean to him playing another villain "Whiplash." Check out the video below and draw your own conclusions…

<embed src="https://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:videolist:mtv.com:1604146" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=type%3Dnormal%26id%3D1604146%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideolist%3Amtv.com%3A1604146%26startUri=mgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A338230" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed>

Personally i'd like to see them develop tony stark's problems with alcoholism. they already hinted at it in part1---in the first half of the film, stark had a drink in his hand practically every scene he was in! except in the cave, cos apparently terrorists don't drink. :rolleyes:

as a marvel character he was unique in that way. he was very much an adult, with adult flaws and issues. like in the comic storyline "demon in a bottle" his own worst enemy was himself!

of course, we can't hv the whole movie with stark stumbling or flying around drunk (tho that could be pretty funny to watch), so we need some kick-a$$ villains too...

except in the cave, cos apparently terrorists don't drink. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you've been brought up to code on terrorist actions but last time I checked they don't offer you booze when you are a prisoner....

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you've been brought up to code on terrorist actions but last time I checked they don't offer you booze when you are a prisoner....

dude, it was a joke. of course i know terrorists don't offer you alcoholic beverages when you're a prisoner :rolleyes:

however, there WAS this one time, when i was in band camp.....

Sounds like Scarlett Johansson might be replacing Emily Blunt.

At least she's in talks, although Blunt's people are still trying to make it work. But she's commited to another film that's going to start up soon and there's still no script for IM2--which Gwyneth Paltrow recently confirmed.

Eliza Dushku Wants to Be Black Widow!
Apparently hottie-extraordinaire was on Howard Stern recently saying how she should be Black Widow in the upcoming Iron Man sequel. According to ComicBookMovie.com here's the quote:

"They're doing Iron Man 2, and I'm so perfect for the Black Widow character, that they just need to get into it. They need to understand I just learned Russian because I had to play a Russian girl in Dollhouse.

Favreau, I'm afraid she has some good points. Plus we all saw how hot she looked in Jay & Silent Bob with those black tights. God, I love me some Dushku.

it'll be a real shame if emily blunt can't do black widow. she is smokin hot!!

and i definitely wouldn't complain if they got olga kurylenko instead. that girl is tasty... :monkey5

Mickey Rourke Not Doing Iron Man 2?
Source:New York Magazine February 18, 2009

Mickey Rourke has told New York Magazine that it's looking like he won't be playing the villain in Iron Man 2:

But so what if ICM's David Unger doesn't look good in a dress — at least he's battling Marvel for a bigger paycheck for Rourke for his rumored role as a villain in Iron Man 2, right? "Right now, we're not doing Iron Man 2," Rourke told us grimly.

In January, the news broke that Marvel had offered the award-winning "Wrestler" star just $250,000 to play a villain in the sequel. Perhaps further negotiations didn't go so well? Also, Rourke is now firmly attached to star in Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables, which starts shooting shortly and might interfere with the Iron Man 2 shoot.

It's just such a shame that the first Iron Man did so poorly at the box office. Had it been more successful, Marvel would be free to be a little less stingy in their hiring of the cast for the sequel.

sigh. why does marvel have to such a scrooge mcstingy abt this? 250,000 is small change compared to what they're making off the iron man franchise.

or is this a "cover" story on rourke's side? to hide the fact that negotiations fell thru cos of his unreasonable demands/behavior. the man's been known to be difficult to work with, which is why hollywood cut him off.

just wondering...

I'm still in awe that Terrence Howard won't be coming back. :( I know that's old news, but I'm still a little shocked about that one.

So looks like Marvel signed Sam Jackson to Iron Man 2 with an option for NINE Marvel movies, including a "S.H.E.I.L.D." film.

That's cool news. I like the idea of him being a recurring character in Marvel movies since he is such a central character in the Marvel Universe.

That almost guarantees him appearing in Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers and I'm sure we'll hear more on the ticket soon, Ant-Man I think is nearing real pre-production with a finished script rumored and greenlit. He'll be the link that ties them all together.

That was probably the issue, Marvel Studios wanted to pay him for one movie while optioning him for nine. SLJ probably wanted concrete paydays. His little scuffle makes sense but I'm still wondering what went down with Mickey Rourke.

Back