Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my first Hot Toy only 4 months ago and now I have 12 of them. Damn this is addictive.

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

Welcome to The Addiction.

If Hot Toys does in fact release updated versions of Mark III, IV and War Machine, my figure total will rise even more. Not to mention the temptation to buy Silver Centurion and Heartbreaker amongst other HT movie lines. I might have to give up collecting Marvel Legends and Masterpiece Transformers to keep up with all the one sixth figure releases.

I originally only bought this in anticipation for remade Marks 3,4,5 & 6. Even if they're diecast. Then I got it in hand and my first impression was "WTF was I thinking?! This figures awesome!"

This is a totally under-rated figure. I love mine. Lots of optional parts for display options. I scored mine from BBTS a while back when they were selling for $185.

just throwing this out there...
i will be selling my displayed one off sans the open face helmet part.

pm if interested for pic and more details, im looking to unload it for $130 plus shipping.

hate to let this one go but we just moved in to our first home and money is very tight

just throwing this out there...
i will be selling my displayed one off sans the open face helmet part.

pm if interested for pic and more details, im looking to unload it for $130 plus shipping.

hate to let this one go but we just moved in to our first home and money is very tight

PM sent :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

I broke mine a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I didn't break it myself. I just came home one day and noticed something weird in my cabinet. Mark II had fell off of a shelf. The drop wasn't that bad, but resulted some broken-off pieces from the back of the armor and one f-cked up helmet, the magnets flew right out of it :thud:

That's why the light-up base really SUCKS, in my opinion. The claw-mechanism is way too loose (at least on mine it is). But I do think that it could be a manufacturing defect of somekind. Still, I never even suspected it could do this. But it did.

Hot Toys hasn't replied to my messages yet, I asked if they would have some spare parts for this. There's no way in hell I'll be paying those eBay prices and this clearly wasn't my fault.

So be careful guys...

I broke mine a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I didn't break it myself. I just came home one day and noticed something weird in my cabinet. Mark II had fell off of a shelf. The drop wasn't that bad, but resulted some broken-off pieces from the back of the armor and one f-cked up helmet, the magnets flew right out of it :thud:

That's why the light-up base really SUCKS, in my opinion. The claw-mechanism is way too loose (at least on mine it is). But I do think that it could be a manufacturing defect of somekind. Still, I never even suspected it could do this. But it did.

Hot Toys hasn't replied to my messages yet, I asked if they would have some spare parts for this. There's no way in hell I'll be paying those eBay prices and this clearly wasn't my fault.

So be careful guys...

Sorry to hear about this, that would suck, what was loose with the c clamp exactly? mine seems to be extremely secure.

I can tell you pretty confidently that HT will do nothing for you, they rarely do unless its a production flaw en mass

So be careful guys...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about this, def my worst nightmare scenario.

Does anyone use quake products to secure their IM figures? Been thinking about trying one of their gels but never did purchase any.

You need to secure the feet if the figure is in a normal standing pose.
Was it in a normal standing pose? Or in a flying/hovering pose?

Yikes! Sorry to hear about this, def my worst nightmare scenario.

Does anyone use quake products to secure their IM figures? Been thinking about trying one of their gels but never did purchase any.

I use Blu tack on EVERY HT figure's feet. No matter what base they are on, a couple of small blobs of it under the feet. Push the figure down gently onto the base, and secure the stand.
These things cost too much for me to risk then falling off the stand.

Hey Bar! I know you're a blue tack maestro and it def works :)

Having all glass shelves the blue tack would drive me nuts though :lol I like the idea of using a clear gel, hoping to eliminate the stands altogether to get a little more realistic display.

Back