Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idea of putting a tony head into a mark 2 caught my attention so I thought I'd see if I could do it.

The donor head - my mark 3 battle damaged. I never ever use the tony head because a) it sits way too high on the neck b) the helmet proportions looks way too tall and c) the battle damage doesnt look that great esp compared to my mark 6. So I think I might be OK with hacking it up if I need to. Pictures of where I am so far;

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

so it sort of works, but doesnt quite fit. it also sits way too high on the neck. The only way for it to work properly is to hack up the top of the tony stark head to fit a bit more snugly into the helmet.and see if I can gouge out the socket a bit. I don't know if I want to do this as its a bit irreversible. So far all the changes can be undone by just gluing it back together. I dont have any plans to sell my mark 3 as its already modified... Should I do it???

My Mark II Unleashed has been delivered to my doorstep...now I just have to get home from work!!! AAARRRGGGHHH...2.5 more hrs left!! Noooooooo :impatient: SOOOO excited to open up this bad boy :yess:

My Mark II AU is in the mail right now and I'm ridiculously excited for my first Hot Toys Iron Man. I just spent way too long going through pretty much this entire thread gawking at pictures.

I must say dedguy, at this picture...

M5ohi.jpg

I'm starting back up on my engineering job next month so I'm just going to try to budget a bit out of each paycheck for a new figure so I can create something similar to this awesomeness. Maybe I'll get lucky and a Mark III 2.0 will get announced before I get around to buying a crazy expensive one? The only question remains is whether or not I'll give in to pre-ordering Iron Monger, haha.

One thing I'm interested in doing is wiring up the figures LEDs to run off of AC power. When I was searching for information about the various HT Iron Man figures in the last few weeks I stumbled on a thread where someone had did this, but I can't for the life of me find it (just spent the last 20 minutes or so on Google), is there any chance someone has a link sitting around?

My apologies that this post got slightly off-topic in terms of strictly talking about the 2.0 AU but I'm sure you all understand my excitement, haha.

Last edited:
My Mark II arrived today too.
Love the paintjob and the possibilities.
I missed out on the first too and this one is great and I'm so happy to finally have him.
:yess:

Congrats!! :hi5: He is an amazing piece! The only nit I have is mine arrived with a nice size paint chip on his left removable bicep armor. I ordered mine from BBTS.com and they were very quick to (after seeing my pic) ship out a new bicep armor piece to me today! Love BBTS!

So far all the changes can be undone by just gluing it back together. I dont have any plans to sell my mark 3 as its already modified... Should I do it???

That's a cool mod. I'd like to do that one myself. It's cool to see the pieces apart and how they come together.

Guys do check out my latest review as not to miss any feature the Mark II AU has to offer... enjoy :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3B5qWlLbq0[/ame]

Just got my Mark II AU today which is my first HT figure!

Very impressed with the detail and all. The only disappointment is that the holder on the back for one of the flaps was broken off in the package... Pretty disappointing QC for a $200 figure, but oh well. Am I SOL or is their some kind of warranty?

Hey Pilkington, is that your real name, or is it in reference to Karl Pilkington?

220px-Karl_Pilkington_2008_cropped.jpg

PS, congrats on getting your Mark II AU, sorry to hear about the back flap...

Just got my Mark II AU today which is my first HT figure!

Very impressed with the detail and all. The only disappointment is that the holder on the back for one of the flaps was broken off in the package... Pretty disappointing QC for a $200 figure, but oh well. Am I SOL or is their some kind of warranty?

They tend to be a bit on the fragile side, I broke one of mine the first time I handled it and ended up buying a replacement lower leg off ebay.

^^
That's how I have my MK II displayed. I love all the details, I really want a 2nd one now to have posed fully assembled

^^
That's how I have my MK II displayed. I love all the details, I really want a 2nd one now to have posed fully assembled

^^ that is how I have it also. I took a small tool a bit ago and got the parts off. Me i like to take 5 items a month give or take and change them around.

Back