Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I was at one point very happy to add and start collecting Iron Man items. As a rule Starwars only, yes I love the clones. This was and is my 1st and last one. Yes I did have every IM item on order but canceled them. This is really hard for me, as with those Loki was a must buy, and Hawkeye.

My eyes on his helmet at times will not light up, then at times they do light up. The rest of him works just fine and for the most part I am happy. If this would have happen down the line I would just re work the wiring as things happen. But I did not have it a week.

SS just wants to refund it, that is up to them they are not getting it back. This BL all HT items. I would like to know if this has happen to any one else and if so how did you fix it? Save the time, the batteries (all of them) I changed as I do that with everything I get. I never use batteries that come with anything. They are cheap and not made to last, just to show off the item (also his eye's did not turn on once out of the box, so it was my 1st fix).

I have to say I was at one point very happy to add and start collecting Iron Man items. As a rule Starwars only, yes I love the clones. This was and is my 1st and last one. Yes I did have every IM item on order but canceled them. This is really hard for me, as with those Loki was a must buy, and Hawkeye.

My eyes on his helmet at times will not light up, then at times they do light up. The rest of him works just fine and for the most part I am happy. If this would have happen down the line I would just re work the wiring as things happen. But I did not have it a week.

SS just wants to refund it, that is up to them they are not getting it back. This BL all HT items. I would like to know if this has happen to any one else and if so how did you fix it? Save the time, the batteries (all of them) I changed as I do that with everything I get. I never use batteries that come with anything. They are cheap and not made to last, just to show off the item (also his eye's did not turn on once out of the box, so it was my 1st fix).

Huh, I fix my own problem (still not going to buy any HT). Seem they did not clean the inside of his head out. I took off his head and was going to look at the lights on the body and see if I could fix it. I put the helmet down and there was a crap load of dust under his head (for the size of the head it was alot). Can air, and he is rocking. How come SS did not tell me to take a look at it?

Huh, I fix my own problem (still not going to buy any HT). Seem they did not clean the inside of his head out. I took off his head and was going to look at the lights on the body and see if I could fix it. I put the helmet down and there was a crap load of dust under his head (for the size of the head it was alot). Can air, and he is rocking. How come SS did not tell me to take a look at it?

Not sure if that is a wise move giving up on all HT products based on one bad experience. My Mark II Armor Unleashed came with a broken shoulder air-brake flap. Emailed Sideshow with a polite email and detailed out the problem with a few photos, they quickly shipped me out a body with the flaps for repair. While the replacement body is not in very good shape (with some paint flaws, so I just kept my original), I got what I need, the flap. Swapped it out, pack up the broken part and the extra body and shipped everything back to them with their free UPS return shipment label. All is fine now and this Ironman rocks so hard. In your case, it sounds like all you need to request is a replacement light up neck stump. I don't see why they won't do it for you, when they helped me out more than once in similar cases before.

Besides, if all things fail, email HT's customer service directly. Show them your sideshow purchase receipt and info. They have been very good solving issues and supply replacement parts, as long as your request is reasonable.

Try give that a shot next time, now that you fixed yours. But HT has some truly amazing figures. Don't let one dud ruin your experience.

WGAS about the lights anyhow. It's nice to know they all work, and for the money spent they ought to work... But the reality is, most folks seem to remove the batteries for fear of leakage over time.

Not sure if that is a wise move giving up on all HT products based on one bad experience. My Mark II Armor Unleashed came with a broken shoulder air-brake flap. Emailed Sideshow with a polite email and detailed out the problem with a few photos, they quickly shipped me out a body with the flaps for repair. While the replacement body is not in very good shape (with some paint flaws, so I just kept my original), I got what I need, the flap. Swapped it out, pack up the broken part and the extra body and shipped everything back to them with their free UPS return shipment label. All is fine now and this Ironman rocks so hard. In your case, it sounds like all you need to request is a replacement light up neck stump. I don't see why they won't do it for you, when they helped me out more than once in similar cases before.

Besides, if all things fail, email HT's customer service directly. Show them your sideshow purchase receipt and info. They have been very good solving issues and supply replacement parts, as long as your request is reasonable.

Try give that a shot next time, now that you fixed yours. But HT has some truly amazing figures. Don't let one dud ruin your experience.

Here is the main issue, I order this on the 8th and got it on the 9th (really I order it on the 5th for my B day but they had problems and did not ship it out till a day after, no big deal). He worked, and even light up the front room. I was and still am happy with him, but I was the one who fix him.

I will keep this short. I thought Ashley would Trobble Shoot the problem 1st and was ok with it. This is the 1st IM item I have. No trouble shooting, just send it back for a refund. I never asked for a refund, I never ask for a refund on anything. If I order it I want it.

I do have one other HT item and I like it (but went with Starwars as I like Armor stuff), but we are talking about Iron Man, Loki, and Hawkeye that have power/lights totaling over $2,250 that I was ordering. If I order Loki I have to order Thor right? when I order something and I want it to work. I understand things happen, and they do happen. But to be told send it back (I think they where going to pay the return shipping?) when I just need TS or a new part. It put a bad taste in my mouth.

My GF is not sure if she is going to order War Machine or not. I told her its up to her, she is paying for it. But I will not spend any of my money on an HT items. I do not feel like fighting to get something that has a high cost fixed, when I just get it. Funny thing is she has 4 SS items and two have given her problems. I have 45 and only had a problem with Cody (a known issue).

Problems are just a part of any mass produced product, whether we think it should be or not it is what it is. The companies involved with these products are more often than not willing to rectify the problems, and there is a lot of information online to educate buyers in order to prevent future problems (i.e. removing batteries before rust, etc). I think you are being too hard on Hot Toys. I understand your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but I just think anyone who expects perfection from a mass produced product is going to be disappointed eventually. I'm not saying you're wrong, things like this shouldn't happen, but they do and you just have to work with it. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, Hot Toys makes some of the best collectibles period, maybe action figures are just not your thing?

WGAS about the lights anyhow. It's nice to know they all work, and for the money spent they ought to work... But the reality is, most folks seem to remove the batteries for fear of leakage over time.

"WGAS"?

That is my issue I paid $247 ship for it. My GF Pig Guy did a nose dive last week when we were watching IM. I did not know, nor did she this was going on. My house keeper told me he does this all the time. New rule, tell me! I looked and his foot is lame. We had it since Jan 2012. I did not ask to return it, just if I can take off his foot and fix it (We should have seen it, we did not look and the blame is on us). Never was told if I could do it, just return it for a refund. Broke the foot off fix it, and my GF is happy. I'm not hard to get a long with. But come on, I did not have it a week.

I use only name brand batteries and not the ones that come with anything. Never had a problem.

I do have to say his Arc can really light up a room. Wow!

Problems are just a part of any mass produced product, whether we think it should be or not it is what it is. The companies involved with these products are more often than not willing to rectify the problems, and there is a lot of information online to educate buyers in order to prevent future problems (i.e. removing batteries before rust, etc). I think you are being too hard on Hot Toys. I understand your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but I just think anyone who expects perfection from a mass produced product is going to be disappointed eventually. I'm not saying you're wrong, things like this shouldn't happen, but they do and you just have to work with it. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, Hot Toys makes some of the best collectibles period, maybe action figures are just not your thing?

I understand this, when I was programing the RDC-i700 I had 5,000 of them and when there was a problem I would have fed-ex pickup the old one and give them new one. But I need to see what the problem was, so I never problem shoot anything thing I need it in hand (I was the main Programer)

I understand things happen, this is not my 1st item, and it will not be my last. Right now I am just hot about it and given time I will more then likely buy or re order them. I did fix him, a replace, nor a new item need to be ship. Just give this a try, next time I will know. But to be told send it back without any kind of Trouble Shooting, and offer a refund well. I will say they work with my GF on her Solo. Right now for the most part I am just venting bad CS. I really do like my Mark II Unleashed. More now that the eyes light up.

Action Figures, hmm I have over 500 clones 3.75, IM, and many others. I have 44/45 SS items (started in Oct/Nov 2011), and a number of Hero items (mostly X-Men, Tron & 300). My house is one be Movie Theater and Toy/Collectable house. Later next month D-Box.

I understand this, when I was programing the RDC-i700 I had 5,000 of them and when there was a problem I would have fed-ex pickup the old one and give them new one. But I need to see what the problem was, so I never problem shoot anything thing I need it in hand (I was the main Programer)

I understand things happen, this is not my 1st item, and it will not be my last. Right now I am just hot about it and given time I will more then likely buy or re order them. I did fix him, a replace, nor a new item need to be ship. Just give this a try, next time I will know. But to be told send it back without any kind of Trouble Shooting, and offer a refund well. I will say they work with my GF on her Solo. Right now for the most part I am just venting bad CS. I really do like my Mark II Unleashed. More now that the eyes light up.

Action Figures, hmm I have over 500 clones 3.75, IM, and many others. I have 44/45 SS items (started in Oct/Nov 2011), and a number of Hero items (mostly X-Men, Tron & 300). My house is one be Movie Theater and Toy/Collectable house. Later next month D-Box.

Sounds like you are not happy with Sideshow's customer service rather than HT stuff (like others said, its a given there will be some problem every once in a while, I have my share of fixing countless expensive figures and robot toys on my own, its part of the hobby...sadly). Maybe try BBTS or other retailers that are known for good customer service. And do keep HT's email handy. You never know when you'll need it for a defective part. Good luck, and hope you feel better with your purchase, after letting the steam out.

I can't help but enjoy staring at my Ironman in the living room every night. The silver is just so shiny!

I can't see how this is an issue with SSC's CS. They are a distributor, not a manufacturer. For them to offer advice on how a product might be fixed - even if they have the specific knowledge on that product and the issues with it - basically voids any claim to a refund on that item.

This would leave themselves open to every failed fix-it guy demanding a refund, despite now being ineligible for it.

Sweet, just got my Mark II UA today! Only problem is a small scratch on one of the removable faceplates, but since the two seem to be about the same (hopefully I'm not doubled up on one and missing another), it shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds like you are not happy with Sideshow's customer service rather than HT stuff (like others said, its a given there will be some problem every once in a while, I have my share of fixing countless expensive figures and robot toys on my own, its part of the hobby...sadly). Maybe try BBTS or other retailers that are known for good customer service. And do keep HT's email handy. You never know when you'll need it for a defective part. Good luck, and hope you feel better with your purchase, after letting the steam out.

I can't help but enjoy staring at my Ironman in the living room every night. The silver is just so shiny!

Yup, not happy with Sideshow's CS. Silver and Shiny, with stand close to 8 feet (Cylon, that is how I found SS in the 1st place).

Sweet, just got my Mark II UA today! Only problem is a small scratch on one of the removable faceplates, but since the two seem to be about the same (hopefully I'm not doubled up on one and missing another), it shouldn't be a problem.

you can report that to SS for replacement.

So Im finally able to show my mod for lowering the head on this guy.

The good thing about this scale is that a little change can create a big difference. An 1/8" change can be very dramatic.

First thing I did was trim the bottom of the neck itself. You will need to remove the rubber connector that is inside the neck because you don't want to lose the ability to connect the head to the body. It takes a little working because it is wider on the inside then it is on the outside and glued.

2012-05-26_15-48-20_299.jpg

2012-05-26_15-48-28_537.jpg

Once you have it out, then start sand, dremeling, or carving the bottom of the neck down. It doesnt take much. You can see the difference between the two in these pictures.

2012-05-26_15-40-25_558.jpg

2012-05-26_15-40-31_629.jpg

Once you feel good about that you can put the rubber piece back in. It doesnt need glue to stay in and at this stage, till you are done, its better to leave lose so you can remove it again if needed.

Finally need to cut the ball joint inside the body. I used a dremel but really what ever you have. Its abs plastic and not that hard to cut. You will want to round the edges a touch so it goes back into the rubber connector in the neck.

2012-05-26_15-39-24_750.jpg

And here is a comparison of the two.

Before:
2012-05-26_15-41-41_461.jpg

After:
2012-05-26_15-41-09_496.jpg

Its been awhile since I had done this so I hope a didn't miss a step. After this mod the neck will not really tilt up and down anymore. It doesn't bother me because there wasn't much movement there anyway.

Good luck with anyone trying this.

Back