Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think it looks better, but I'd only do it if I had two of 'em. I'm one of 'those' who doesn't like making irreversible mods to my figures. Thanks for posting the pics Robbie :)

I do think it looks better, but I'd only do it if I had two of 'em. I'm one of 'those' who doesn't like making irreversible mods to my figures. Thanks for posting the pics Robbie :)

Yeah I hear ya. Im the opposite really. Part of the fun for me is the tweaks and such. For me its taking it the step beyond the futz. :)

So Im finally able to show my mod for lowering the head on this guy.

The good thing about this scale is that a little change can create a big difference. An 1/8" change can be very dramatic.

First thing I did was trim the bottom of the neck itself. You will need to remove the rubber connector that is inside the neck because you don't want to lose the ability to connect the head to the body. It takes a little working because it is wider on the inside then it is on the outside and glued.

2012-05-26_15-48-20_299.jpg

2012-05-26_15-48-28_537.jpg

Once you have it out, then start sand, dremeling, or carving the bottom of the neck down. It doesnt take much. You can see the difference between the two in these pictures.

2012-05-26_15-40-25_558.jpg

2012-05-26_15-40-31_629.jpg

Once you feel good about that you can put the rubber piece back in. It doesnt need glue to stay in and at this stage, till you are done, its better to leave lose so you can remove it again if needed.

Finally need to cut the ball joint inside the body. I used a dremel but really what ever you have. Its abs plastic and not that hard to cut. You will want to round the edges a touch so it goes back into the rubber connector in the neck.

2012-05-26_15-39-24_750.jpg

And here is a comparison of the two.

Before:
2012-05-26_15-41-41_461.jpg

After:
2012-05-26_15-41-09_496.jpg

Its been awhile since I had done this so I hope a didn't miss a step. After this mod the neck will not really tilt up and down anymore. It doesn't bother me because there wasn't much movement there anyway.

Good luck with anyone trying this.

thanks for the shots robbie:clap:clap:clap
i have buy a extra neck,i try to modify only the neck..

Yeah. I think I'll just modify the neck not the post. I like articulation too much to sacrifice it for aesthetic. I did cut the rubber around the neck so he could actually look up for a horizontal flying pose.

You guys did a wonderdul review for new collectors! Before I finished reading all 309 pages, got my first Hot Toys within a week!

This is my first IM and it's a great figure. Been wanting to pick up an IM for some time now since I missed out on the other releases. Love the details and the "unleashed" features. Can't wait for the MK VII.

Thinking about getting the Mk V or the WM SE just to fill in the gaps on what I've missed out on.

I have a question. Could one take the face off the Tony Stark helmet head from the Mark IV and place it on to the Mark II UL helmet head?

Put this face
Ironman+MK+VI+07.jpg

On to his
378394_254577234615267_145970452142613_649233_1003579266_n.jpg

With MK II AU, I'm wondering if were to get MK VI 3000pc Avengers limited edition or wait for VII?

Many has spoken good things about IV & VI. Really tempted to get a buddy for MKII AU.

I have a question. Could one take the face off the Tony Stark helmet head from the Mark IV and place it on to the Mark II UL helmet head?

Put this face
Ironman+MK+VI+07.jpg

On to his
378394_254577234615267_145970452142613_649233_1003579266_n.jpg

I would think its possible but not without difficulty. You could just get an extra mark whatever head with tony reveal and paint it silver.

Do you have any side pics of the mod? I think another issue is that the head is set too far back on the body because the neck is too straight up and down. I currently have mine modded by just flipping the neck around backwards which seems to fix both issues without any permanent modification.

Iron Man MKII (neck mod) by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Whelp....I finally took the plunge on this guy!! At first I told myself I didn't need him, but after seeing him in my local comic shop and how damn shiny and awesome he is I had to pick him up....hit up BBTS.com though because I didn't care about the exclusive version and I was able to bundle him in with my existing order and pay pretty cheap shipping.

I sold off my Mark III to buy the Mark IV, never bougth the Mark VI until they just re-released it last week (arriving tomorrow!!), and damn if I didn't just by Mark II Armor Unleashed....:hi5::yess:

Now I have to decide if I want to commit the dough to the re-release of Mark I??? It does look amazing....but I also want to get a HULK from Avengers...and Thor...and Loki....:gah:

Just bought one from Q and am really excited to get it!

And thus begins my new expensive hobby of catching 'em all.

Back