Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy picking over a design I really love and finding inconstancies and difference between multiple versions.

Sure, but folks complaining that:

(a) their favorite fig isn't being produced but this one is

(b) that this must mean the Mk. 1 and 3 will be re-released (they likely won't, as they did not see action in IM2)

(c) this is just a re-hash of an existing mold

are generally missing the point, IMHO.

Proto pics are just proto pics & at the end of the day, these are just high-end plastic toys.

(b) that this must mean the Mk. 1 and 3 will be re-released (they likely won't, as they did not see action in IM2)

Proto pics are just proto pics & at the end of the day, these are just high-end plastic toys.

WELL SPOKEN!!!!!!!:goodpost:

Ah, Okay fair enough. I agree with all those points. I am likewise getting sick of a) in every single thread about a Hot Toys release. It seems nearly half the posts are crying about why hasn't figure X been released yet.

I do think a new Mark III is relatively likely. They may be coming out with an Iron Monger or at least are thinking about it enough to show an unpainted prototype. The "it doesn't appear in IM2" argument doesn't mean anything if you ask me. Will they? Who knows but it is more likely than a Mark I because it's a cost effective repurposing of the new Mark II parts and like I said it potentially has a companion piece.

They could very well have scrapped Iron Monger at this point though, who knows. All I know is that there's some evidence to support it.

The "it doesn't appear in IM2" argument doesn't mean anything if you ask me.

Fair enough, but HT is focussed on the characters from IM2 at this point. The Mk. 2 autopsy suit is a major plot point in several key scenes and thus the new figure.

The Iron Monger as displayed at the 10th anniversary was a proof-of-concept prototype which was developed back when HT was producing the IM1 line. But that's a topic for another thread . . .

Gonna play devil's advocate here and say that the more I look at this Mark II, the more I think about how cool a new version of Robocop would be! :)

That has nothing to do with how much I think this figure rocks, just to be clear and I am POing this sucker as soon as I can!

Fair enough, but HT is focussed on the characters from IM2 at this point. The Mk. 2 autopsy suit is a major plot point in several key scenes and thus the new figure.

The Iron Monger as displayed at the 10th anniversary was a proof-of-concept prototype which was developed back when HT was producing the IM1 line. But that's a topic for another thread . . .

Actually want I really meant on reflection is that it's no more important a reason than anything else. It's not meaningless exactly, it is a big of evidence but there's a bunch of similar things that may or may not point towards Hot Toys making whatever. The things I mentioned are similar. But we have no idea what the importance is in any of those given factors.

I'll just leave it at this. I personally would like to see Iron Monger and a new Mark III. Beyond that I myself don't have much interest in any other IM figures including re-dos of things that have already been done. What they actually do only time will tell.

I broke down and ordered the exclusive from SS. I was able to use discount code for newsletter which made it $10 more than places like AE.

I feel so ashamed :lol

I pre-ordered the exclusive but I'm not sure it's worth it. With tax, it comes out to me more than $40 over AE. HT should have named this the GTA Edition (Grand Theft Armor). I think its funny that so many people are rushing to get rid of their old Mark II's. Do they not realize that the new edition, technically isn't actually Iron Man? I thnk that anyone that was looking for the old Mark II, should capatilize on this opportunity to have an actual Iron Man Mark II.

I don't think people care as much about who wore the suit, so long as they can finally get a reasonable priced Mk II. As for people selling their original Mk II's, they probably just see that this new one looks a bit better anyway, so why don't get sell their original one's for a pretty penny AND be able still get a much better looking Mk II for their collection? It's a win-win for them

Its weird how some people think V1 Robocop is better than the Gunarm version because they prefer the first movie. And basically its the same figure with a extra gunarm.

I don't think people care as much about who wore the suit, so long as they can finally get a reasonable priced Mk II. As for people selling their original Mk II's, they probably just see that this new one looks a bit better anyway, so why don't get sell their original one's for a pretty penny AND be able still get a much better looking Mk II for their collection? It's a win-win for them

A lot of people care A LOT about the headsculpts included with any HT release. I personally could care less myself as they just end up in a bin some place after my initial photos but some people seem more interested in the head than anything else.

I'm just going by what I see in this thread. I'm sure it's been touched upon, but I don't remember seeing much people say that the Rhodie head will be the dealbreaker on whether they get this figure or not, unlike the Spidey thread where it seems repeated every other reply:lol

Hmmm maybe it would be possible to get two of these, and combine one with parts of the BD MK3 to make like the ultimate MK3 haha. Pretty plausible actually, just get some sculpy to fill out the rivets, a bit of a repaint here and there and you have yourself a Mark 3 that could probably have the same amount, if more exchangeable parts than a mark 6. No real need for hot toys to make us a third Mark 3.

If they do another 3 (which I hope they do) then it should be a dx release, with full clean to full damaged, and a new kojun sculpt with pers. I'd buy in less than a heartbeat!

Back