Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great news, I got into the figures only recently with War Machine. I was more into props, Mjolnir, Stormbreaker, 40's and 60's Cap shields, I also have the life size IM bust and love it but I don't know why the figures didn't interest me.

I bought the War Machine one on a whim and was floored by how good it was when I opened the box. Since then I've been grabbing the Iron Man ones I see available, just got a MK VI off the wait list delivered yesterday, have the MK V on order, and just grabbed this. I've got a Thor ordered, but passed on the Odin, and I'm really hoping to see a Captain America soon.

I know for sure that it's just a matter of; different lighting, different camera, different angle, and different pose but this pic to me looks noticeably better, especially in the shoulders in these photos:

The shoulder armor looks smaller, the armor around the neck looks higher and at a steeper angle, and the neck itself looks shorter.

100847bkbc7q6anh4qut6f.jpg

1008535ds7ezdghubd88nu.jpg

Than in either of these (the only other two straight on shots):
1056498o6z88wvww8zzwuc.jpg

6a853733jw1dgfzpmkqknj.jpg

I can understand some nitpicking and see what folks are sayin but it's still a rockin figure!

I agree. There's always going to be some inaccuracies and Hot Toys figures are also always going to be amazing in hand. I think we forget now that the Mark IV and VI and War Machine all have all sorts of issues. Most notably they're all too proportionally tall. I have no worried about loving this figure in hand.

That said it's worth noting issues because Hot Toys does listen and if they agree with the criticism and can actually fix it without loosing money they will. I think something like the neck being fixed is fairly likely but probably them totally re-doing the arms not so much.

Last edited:
I know for sure that it's just a matter of; different lighting, different camera, different angle, and different pose but this pic to me looks noticeably better, especially in the shoulders in these photos:

100847bkbc7q6anh4qut6f.jpg

1008535ds7ezdghubd88nu.jpg

Than in either of these (the only other two straight on shots):
1056498o6z88wvww8zzwuc.jpg

6a853733jw1dgfzpmkqknj.jpg

I agree. There's always going to be some inaccuracies and Hot Toys figures are also always going to be amazing in hand. I think we forget now that the Mark IV and VI and War Machine all have all sorts of issues. Most notably they're all too proportionally tall. I have no worried about loving this figure in hand.

That said it's worth noting issues because Hot Toys does listen and if they agree with the criticism and can actually fix it without loosing money they will. I think something like the neck being fixed is fairly likely but probably them totally re-doing the arms not so much.

more details :clap:clap:clap:clap

I'm also just noticing this now seeing that Milk photo next to the official photo but while the Milk photos generally look worse, the head there looks a good 10% bigger in the milk photo. Is it just me?

Oh, after reading your post..yeah, he does have a gap on his left shoulder. :cuckoo:

Could just be they didn't get the shoulder pad back in place after messing with it. The other pics don't show any gap. Wouldn't be the first time a HT display didn't get set up just right.

Could just be they didn't get the shoulder pad back in place after messing with it. The other pics don't show any gap. Wouldn't be the first time a HT display didn't get set up just right.

Hmm I'm not sure cause I really didn't notice this gap, just now. Well, whatever it is hopefully the final product will be alright. :)

Glad they finally got around to this fig. :yess:

Lots of typical whinery and knashing of teeth in this thread , but I think it looks great!

FIG-KAI-2697_03.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_04.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_06.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_08.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_10.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_11.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_13.jpg

FIG-KAI-2697_07.jpg

Hope we get a new Rhodey sculpt. The face reveal looks blurred out in these pics. Considering how complete the IM2 armor lineup is, I have to wonder if a Whiplash mark 2 is also in the works?

I think it's worthwhile to complain about things, even if a lot of the complaints might be wrong or simply too small to really matter. Out of that though you can get some good critique which Hot Toys often takes to heart. It's basically crowd sourced R&D. And I don't know about you guys but I find it fun. I enjoy picking over a design I really love and finding inconstancies and difference between multiple versions.

I think it's worthwhile to complain about things, even if a lot of the complaints might be wrong or simply too small to really matter. Out of that though you can get some good critique which Hot Toys often takes to heart. It's basically crowd sourced R&D. And I don't know about you guys but I find it fun. I enjoy picking over a design I really love and finding inconstancies and difference between multiple versions.

specially when they show something completely wrong....like the T2 T-800 figure with the wrong color shirt....they gave us the black shirt when the figure shipped.

specially when they show something completely wrong....like the T2 T-800 figure with the wrong color shirt....they gave us the black shirt when the figure shipped.
Or missing something very important like the Jill Valentine mask and cloak that they added after fan comments.

Back