Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That video is exactly what makes the suits from the first two movies the best IMO. Multiple scenes with screentime, explanations, inside shots, fights, battle damage. A handfull of well thought out designs are superior to 40+ variations.

Donno why but the IM3 suits just don't do it for me. Centurion and Heart Breaker look cool and all, but they can't hold a candle to the Mark IV, VI or WM Mark I. To me the ultimate suit is the Mark VI and the Mark VII is made for warfare. Doesn't help that they made every suit a ****** in the latest movie though.

I just hope they let Tony stick with 1-2 suits in the next Avengers movie and we don't get Iron Man + some other guys vs some evil guys.

That video is exactly what makes the suits from the first two movies the best IMO. Multiple scenes with screentime, explanations, inside shots, fights, battle damage. A handfull of well thought out designs are superior to 40+ variations.

Donno why but the IM3 suits just don't do it for me. Centurion and Heart Breaker look cool and all, but they can't hold a candle to the Mark IV, VI or WM Mark I. To me the ultimate suit is the Mark VI and the Mark VII is made for warfare. Doesn't help that they made every suit a ****** in the latest movie though.

I just hope they let Tony stick with 1-2 suits in the next Avengers movie and we don't get Iron Man + some other guys vs some evil guys.

:goodpost: Hard to argue that.

This armor is probably the most technically beautiful of the entire line. All the intricacy, detail, and options are gorgeous. If anything, this is the only armor that deserves to be in those Hall of Armor boxes. I wish I had bought it twice.

This armor is probably the most technically beautiful of the entire line. All the intricacy, detail, and options are gorgeous. If anything, this is the only armor that deserves to be in those Hall of Armor boxes. I wish I had bought it twice.

I never considered buying a hall of armor box until I got this armor. I still MIGHT one day get one for it. Wouldn't ever bother for the others.

I'd love to get my hands on this figure one day.

Yeah seriously man, don't wait. The Mk II AU is still available for a pretty good price here and there. Get one. They will be gone eventually and the price will skyrocket per the norm. It really is one of the most detailed HT figures out there. Lots of goodies to play and pose him with. And check out this thread for some of Barry's pics that have the Mk II in them. I'm still doing the flex on my IM3 Tony but when I get it, sheesh those two figures are made for each other. Open up the Mk II, put a screwdriver in Tonys hand. There you go. Stark genius ensues!

Just got this guy for $200. What an underrated piece. Love the simplicity of the paint and all the little details of the suits circuitry. Nice heavy box too. Really get your money's worth with this one. My only gripe is the empty helmet had all the magnets popped out. It was a mess trying to glue them back. I really wish HT used a better adhesive.

Just got this guy for $200. What an underrated piece. Love the simplicity of the paint and all the little details of the suits circuitry. Nice heavy box too. Really get your money's worth with this one. My only gripe is the empty helmet had all the magnets popped out. It was a mess trying to glue them back. I really wish HT used a better adhesive.

Yeah the glue HT uses is poor, I have had to re-glue a few things like magnets etc. Yeah I too like the silver colour scheme on the MK II. Probably my second HT suit after the MK I.

If you have to re-glue, remember and always use zip kicker.
It's invaluable for super glue

Agreed, however not only an accelerator but a good quality glue. I use Gorilla SuperGlue, the "rubber toughened" formula. Has a light blue cap, stuff is wonderful.

Someone is selling one of these for €200, worth it??

Well worth it. I'd pick it up in a second if you can get your hands on it.
See pics of mine below.

Agreed, however not only an accelerator but a good quality glue. I use Gorilla SuperGlue, the "rubber toughened" formula. Has a light blue cap, stuff is wonderful.

Yes. I use Zap-a-Gap on mine when the job requires superglue.

IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

I actually have mine set up with the Stark set like this. It just looks awesome as a 'project' Tony is working on.

I actually have mine set up with the Stark set like this. It just looks awesome as a 'project' Tony is working on.

After reading the IM3 Prelude comic, it turns out this is exactly what happened to the War Machine after Iron Man 2.
Tony made Rhodey the WM 2.0 armour, and turned the War Machine back into the MKII to put it back into the Hall Of Armour.

In a word, yes. If this is your first suit however, you might be going down a dark path of no return. I sold mine for €250,-, but is worth retail atleast.

It will be my second suit, got the Mark VII and then a lad put this up and after looking at a review vid WOW.

Well worth it. I'd pick it up in a second if you can get your hands on it.
See pics of mine below.

It's not new tho, just hope everything is grand on it, anything I should keep an eye out for? Heard some parts can be easily broke...

Back