Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted these pics in the Tony Stark thread, but they have the MKII AU in them, just in case anyone here isn't following that thread.

Awesome pics! I had a similar idea to have Tony workin on the MK2.
I had a good laugh at Rhodeys disembodied head just sitting there at the Mk2's feet in the third pic. :D

Oh, wow, first time post.

Anyway, I was able to pick this up for $160, and it was one of those figures I was more interested in because it was a good price rather than any particular attachment to the figure, but it's actually pretty fantastic with all the detail and removable parts (though wow, those metal clips on the wired boots are way too easy to lose - already had them pop off a couple of times!)

I have the workshop Tony Stark figure set to arrive in a month or so, and the two figures would look pretty fantastic together (as demonstrated in some of the pics people have posted), so I'm excited to pair them up. God knows how I'll find room to display them together though.

Oh, wow, first time post.

Anyway, I was able to pick this up for $160, and it was one of those figures I was more interested in because it was a good price rather than any particular attachment to the figure, but it's actually pretty fantastic with all the detail and removable parts (though wow, those metal clips on the wired boots are way too easy to lose - already had them pop off a couple of times!)

I have the workshop Tony Stark figure set to arrive in a month or so, and the two figures would look pretty fantastic together (as demonstrated in some of the pics people have posted), so I'm excited to pair them up. God knows how I'll find room to display them together though.

Welcome to the craziness.
Although you can go truly bananas with the display, you can also have it simple.
I have a really simple display with mine.
The rest of the stuff is on a shelf up at work. But i have just the base, two arm pieces, two leg pieces and Tony, standing in the midst of his first four suits.

IMG_5892.jpg

Very cool! I have the Mark II and Mark III, so might do something similar, though I was also considering doing something with the 'operating table' and all the other bits and pieces that come with workshop Tony. Again, finding a way to display it is the only issue, but would be fun playing around with regardless.

Welcome to the forum, and that is a great price for this figure. I'm pretty frugal with what I spend on my HT figures, and I was really happy to get it for $215.

The II and III will look great along with Tony. :)

It was a lucky Craigslist find - pre-owned and had been displayed, but all complete and in great shape, with lots of accessories still sealed in the plastic. It wasn't the exclusive version with the hologram gauntlet, but that might have been too much to hope for!

The light up wired boots are very cool - I'm hoping they'll fit with the worskhop Tony so I can put together a makeshift mech test figure.

It was a lucky Craigslist find - pre-owned and had been displayed, but all complete and in great shape, with lots of accessories still sealed in the plastic. It wasn't the exclusive version with the hologram gauntlet, but that might have been too much to hope for!

The light up wired boots are very cool - I'm hoping they'll fit with the worskhop Tony so I can put together a makeshift mech test figure.

See the pics at the bottom:

IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

Wow! Awesome job. I'll be stealing a lot of those poses, haha.

Thanks.
After reading the Iron Man 3 Prelude comic, pairing IM3 Tony with the MKII is absolutely essential for what happens in the movie.
If i could score another MKII AU for a decent price(Or if i found anyone willing to trade one for Loki or Rescue Cap), i'd have a full time display of Tony working on restoring the MKII like happened in the comic.

Good luck with your poses.
Post pics when you take them!

I'll have to read the prelude comic! And it's funny, if you'd asked me a week ago, I'm sure I would've jumped at the chance to trade the Mark II for a Loki. Now I have him in hand though, he's immediately become one of my favourite figures.

I'll have to read the prelude comic! And it's funny, if you'd asked me a week ago, I'm sure I would've jumped at the chance to trade the Mark II for a Loki. Now I have him in hand though, he's immediately become one of my favourite figures.

It's well worth tracking down a copy.
I found the majority of it unsatisfying, but we see Tony restoring the MKII, and that made sense to me.
The MKII is one of my fave armours.
But they are all my faves, lol.

Ha, thats funny. I got mine off of CL as well. It was the onl

Y Ht figure I've ever seen on CL that wasn't overpriced.

Ha, thats funny. I got mine off of CL as well. It was the only Ht figure I've ever seen on CL that wasn't overpriced.
Yeah, usually they're pretty ridiculous, but I've been lucky a couple times - I also found a MISB Catwoman for $140. Another figure I probably wouldn't consider if it wasn't for the price, but very glad to own now I have it in hand.

Yeah, usually they're pretty ridiculous, but I've been lucky a couple times - I also found a MISB Catwoman for $140. Another figure I probably wouldn't consider if it wasn't for the price, but very glad to own now I have it in hand.

I was able to snag a GI Joe Snake Eyes for $150 and GI Joe Storm Shadow for $125, both brand new MISB plus brown shipper, off CL

It's well worth tracking down a copy.
I found the majority of it unsatisfying, but we see Tony restoring the MKII, and that made sense to me.
The MKII is one of my fave armours.
But they are all my faves, lol.

Agreed. The Mk II is one of my favorite armours. The scene in Iron Man when he does the virtual walk around with Jarvis is my favorite scene in all the Marvel movies so far. To me that's what Tony Stark and the Iron Man are all about. Technology, ingenuity and large attachments.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwOxM0-byvc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwOxM0-byvc[/ame]

It would make one sweet display if you could show him restoring the Mk II with pieces of the War Machine lying around the shop. Most excellent indeed. Oh and by the way Barry. That scene is the reason I asked you about the gradient floor display. Someday I'll get you to make me one. Just so I can set the Mk II on it.

One of the greatest scenes in the IM movies.
I love that "HAHA!" when the leg repulsors finally kick back in before he hits the roadway.
Like he doesn't really care that he nearly creamed a bunch of cars and their occupants.
It totally exemplifies Tony from the first film.

This figure is starting to look a bit boring to me:dunno maybe its the paint. Just wished it was a lot more chrome

Back