Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this guy! And my new acrylic name plates I designed up! Fits the bill!

73QflOd.jpg

Z7NBOau.jpg

Looks great. That name plate is perfect!

I just got mine.

And like others it doesn't lay completely flush.

The Iron Monger arm is being lifted, but it's barely noticeable and may already be lowering.

I haven't seen this mentioned previously but the rear left heel on mine isn't resting at all on the base, but the forward part of that foot with the peg/power plug is fully inserted and flush, it's just that the heel isn't down. Is anyone else's piece like this?

In addition, does anyone's body have a bit of give? In that I can nudge the body and it can move to its left, but over time if not immediately it will go back to it's original resting position.

I just got mine.

The Iron Monger arm is being lifted, but it's barely noticeable and may already be lowering.

I haven't seen this mentioned previously but the rear left heel on mine isn't resting at all on the base, but the forward part of that foot with the peg/power plug is fully inserted and flush, it's just that the heel isn't down. Is anyone else's piece like this?

In addition, does anyone's body have a bit of give? In that I can nudge the body and it can move to its left, but over time if not immediately it will go back to it's original resting position.

Its a known issue. it happened to me too.
You can contact sideshow and they will offer a full replacement or 70 dollar back if you fix it yourself.
I took the 70 dollar cause this gap is fixed after two weeks by itself (gravity....) and I was satisfy from the paint job on mine so didn't wanted new one.

I've gone off this after getting a £130 odd FedEx bill.
Never again!

So, I refused to pay the ridiculous V.A.T bill and got this reply after several emails...

Please be advised that your query has been passed to the FedEx Brokerage Administration Services Department (BAS) for review with HMRC on an amendment to the VAT and should they require anything further they will contact you directly.

The customs etc we pay sucks big ones. I was very tempted to get this.. but I went for a v cheap stealth commiquette and going to have it repainted red and gold. Had one before and it was excellent.

I just got mine.

Hey Phoenix, saw your post on the other forum about this as well. I just got mine and having the exact same issues of fitment in TWO places. The IronMonger arm is lifting up AND the left rear foot of the MKIII does not sit flush in the IronMonger chest!

Others have noted that the Ironmonger arm will lower itself over time due to gravity however that does not solve the problem of the huge gap at the back left foot of the MKIII not sitting flush and floating in air. I pushed down hard and it does not seem like the keyed piece will go down any further!

I am frustrated because I recently received the Sideshow Predator Maquette that also had some QC issues. At the price I paid for that piece and now the hefty price for this Iron Man piece I am reaching a point where I don't think I can be so forgiving and accept any flaws.

I will have to seriously rethink any further purchase.

I received the statue today from a local seller and it looks awesome. To be honest I can't find any faults on it, muddy boots don't look bad in person.
I will try to post some pictures in the future but for now, it is my favourite Iron Man statue, and it outmatch even my HT 1/4 Mk 43. I loved it so much, but now, comparing the two, the Hot Toys looks more a toy, not sure why.

Guys, just noticed...is in your statues the mask more glossy than the other gold parts? It is like there is a thick layer of glossy coat all over the mask while the gold in the rest of the statue is more matt and I like it better...:gah:

Back