Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they did flood the internet quickly... Of course I am guilty also [emoji38]
Oh I saw that one and videos from others who posted their pics here which is pretty awesome. The best is that there are tutorial vids for reducing the mud lol.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

It’s a really good piece! I think they nailed it. Only minor issues that can be overlooked. Congrats to all who got this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this on FB, dude said he used "a teeny-weeny dap" of "Mantis scratch remover" on a micro-fibre cloth to remove the matte/flat coat that was covering the glossy coat. Looks freaking amazing... I really want to do this to mine now.

40049687_10217243486789764_813786888300134400_n.jpg

39999739_10217243481269626_6313546567286521856_n.jpg

40026403_10217243481749638_2728727645251436544_n.jpg

I saw that one. I think that dude went a bit overboard. There’s a happy medium between the sideshow dirt, mud, oil application and what he did imho.

I've gone off this after getting a £130 odd FedEx bill.
Never again!

Sorry to hear that. I thought sideshow stopped using FedEx? I signed up for a free business account to get discounts but all my recent ones have been from DHL, who are a lot cheaper I might add

Is what it is. Bit more than I expected.
I usually avoid a £12 fee for having an account with them but they even charged that.

I'll be contacting them, again.
Had the last two bill, vastly, reduced after pointing out the harmonized code means 5%, not 20%.

Was going to order the new Red Sonja to complete the trilogy but no way am I buying into these prices.

Bought Vampirella, sitting on skull, Ex last week and just ordered the comiquette.
Both for less than the RS would cost.

Hi Collectors,

Does your Ironman Mark 3 has leaning issue when the Ironman eye is facing directly at you? I feel mine has leaned toward the back when view direct. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
Just used the scratch remover and the result is awoseme.... way better than the eraser. the eraser remove the black lines but also remove the gloss while the scratch remover just remove the black lines/dirt and leave your iron man a glossy look!

This is after:
20180827_210647.jpg

This is before and after:
20180827_234043.jpg

Hi everyone,
Just used the scratch remover and the result is awoseme.... way better than the eraser. the eraser remove the black lines but also remove the gloss while the scratch remover just remove the black lines/dirt and leave your iron man a glossy look!

This is after:
View attachment 424485

This is before and after:
View attachment 424486

Very nice!

Can you show us a pic of that scratch remover you used. I'm assuming you used the "Mantis Scratch Remover" ...which I've never seen before. Thanks!

Very nice!

Can you show us a pic of that scratch remover you used. I'm assuming you used the "Mantis Scratch Remover" ...which I've never seen before. Thanks!

I just used a random one from the car shop "car scratch remover" it suppose to be White paste in a tube
20180828_001443.jpg

Scratch remover is polishing compound. I’d imagine it’s much rougher on your statue than a rubber eraser. But I haven’t tried either one on my Iron Man. I’m happy with it. Muddy boots are a bit too muddy but it’s fine.

That removes scratches by removing a small layer with its abrasive contents. I'd be very careful.

Scratch remover is polishing compound. I’d imagine it’s much rougher on your statue than a rubber eraser. But I haven’t tried either one on my Iron Man. I’m happy with it. Muddy boots are a bit too muddy but it’s fine.

That's why its best to do a little area at a time ...and small amounts as you go.

Also ...once you start seeing the "mud" paint come off and you start seeing the shiny red paint underneath it, then that's when you ease off. Personally, I'd stop at that point and move on to the next area.

For those who are modifying the paint apps with erasers/ polishing compounds, how will this effect the value of your statues if you decided to sell down the road?

Back