Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, I took some snaps from the live show. I really hope the final product looks like that because that's one hell of a statue.

QkTOcMJ.png

NPpS41p.png

sddc3Rh.png

DFTidy7.png

M2jFivE.png

BkXmhyx.png

OaJocuu.png

eJLFNvE.png

How does the newly announced Hot Toys 1/4 compare to this guy? Do they look like a man wearing armor or do the limbs/body parts still look slim in some areas?

The dimensions on this statue looks perfect to me. I also already see it's more detailed and accurate than the HT firgure.

As some one pointed it out, the lines in leg don't line up but they do in the statue

KC0JUzf.png

it also has the detail under the arm, as you can see on the shots I took from the live show.

NUvdo6j.png

This piece will be a masterpiece, but I'm still pissed that it won't fit straight up in my Besta.... arg....

How does the newly announced Hot Toys 1/4 compare to this guy? Do they look like a man wearing armor or do the limbs/body parts still look slim in some areas?

Other than correct colouring, the Hot Toys is likely to have near prestine paint application, whereas the Sideshow piece is likely to have issues.... no matter how good or bad it ends up being.

And just for the record I'm getting the Sideshow piece.......and crossing my fingers at the same time.

Imo the Sideshow piece looks to be better proportioned, as I didn't like how the waist looked on the Hot Toys version. I've currently have the Hot Toys 1/4 Mark 43 and I love that piece. With that near perfect facesculpt.

It can, but probably only at one (awkward) angle like the Hulk PFs

Except for the AOU version. I'm quite sure that doesn't fit.

I was able to snag one from a local retailer at a significant discount, and no matter how I tried I could not fit that in a Besta with the door closed.

I'm confused, I thought he was referring to this maquette?

Or were you referring to the Hulk PFs, I was referring to the trio of PFs (green, red, grey), not the AoU Hulk maquette if that's what you were referring to :dunno

Yeah, I was talking about the MCU AOU Hulk maquette. I sometimes forget the maquette designation as it doesn't seem to mean much anymore except for possibly a higher price.

IMO.. it's really disappointing to me that they put Iron Monger's flickering light in the back of the statue.. the way I have all my Ironman maquettes positioned on the Shelf it will never be seen.. Maybe I'm Wrong to me it would look better in the front or on the side

I am underwhelmed by the reveal on their video. just can't seem to explain why though, lol. anyone else feel that way?

Quick Photoshop, would have been so easy to get it "slam dunk" right:

413795167.jpg

His foot on the flickering piece would have sold the story so well....

Still an awesome piece IMO.

they did not confirm if this was a production piece right? paint looked awesome

I was just going to comment and say the same thing. For those pics, I really think this looks great.

I love the dirt effect.

This is a home run, assuming QC delivers. Fingers crossed for you guys! :rock

Best pose and IM out there for me, the movie version. Lets see if the actual product will be the same.

One of the reasons I didn’t jump on the exclusive. I want to see in hand how good this looks. Not really fussed over the exclusive neither

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the reasons I didn’t jump on the exclusive. I want to see in hand how good this looks. Not really fussed over the exclusive neither

Yeah, neither was I.

Which was why I had no second thoughts from ordering through Popcultcha for the regular (locking in the 10% preorder discount plus my standard 10% off for a net effect of 19% off). At current exchange rates and estimating the delivery cost, I think I'm saving at least $383 AUD or $300 USD by buying it locally.

Especially when you're talking about an IM piece and the history of paint app issues that Sideshow has with this particular character.

Back