ipod vs other mp3 players?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got an iPod touch and I am convinced they are one of the greatest inventions ever.

I agree with Nash and if you want complete control of your songs without DRM, I'm totally against Apple and the proprietary file system and file extensions.

There's workarounds so thats not an issue. I've tried many MP3 players before settling on an ipod then when I got my iphone back in the day it was all over. Sorry, but if you are breaking them as much as you say you do its you being really rough with them because I've backed over my first gen ipod video with my car and it still worked with the cracked screen and all. I've drooped/ thrown/ flushed my iphone so much it isn't even funny....and its still ticking.

There's workarounds so thats not an issue. I've tried many MP3 players before settling on an ipod then when I got my iphone back in the day it was all over. Sorry, but if you are breaking them as much as you say you do its you being really rough with them because I've backed over my first gen ipod video with my car and it still worked with the cracked screen and all. I've drooped/ thrown/ flushed my iphone so much it isn't even funny....and its still ticking.

Are you saying that the file system is not encrypted? I want it to be NTSF, or BIG TIME FAIL!!!!!...........

edit: Highlighted in BOLD is Jinxx, not myself. :lecture

I just got my first ipod, the newest nano they have. Fifth gen, I believe.

Incredible little device. The music is crisp and clean, the videos look extremely sharp, and the camera works pretty well too.

I can't recommend it enough.

Meh. I don't care what y'all say. I'm sticking with sony!:p.....*rapes psp*

P.S.
I might get the current Nano. that video feature seems promising...
51.gif

I got a 30 gig Zune and it is a workhorse. I have had it for about 2 or 3 years. My 1 zune has outlasted my friends 5 ipods. You can rip music to it, download podcasts from itunes, download music from zune marketplace, phapsody or any other service except apple. It plays video, has games, view photos etc. it's great. I am sure other people prefer ipods but I went with the Zune and haven't regretted it.

I got a 30 gig Zune and it is a workhorse. I have had it for about 2 or 3 years. My 1 zune has outlasted my friends 5 ipods. You can rip music to it, download podcasts from itunes, download music from zune marketplace, phapsody or any other service except apple. It plays video, has games, view photos etc. it's great. I am sure other people prefer ipods but I went with the Zune and haven't regretted it.

that's what I have, I've also hacked in the registry to use it as a full accessible hard drive, it's awesome!!!

that's what I have, I've also hacked in the registry to use it as a full accessible hard drive, it's awesome!!!

You need to hack the Zune to do that?

My iPod was able to do that out of the box, I've even used it as a boot drive.

You need to hack the Zune to do that?

My iPod was able to do that out of the box, I've even used it as a boot drive.

Last time I tried to access a iPod it was a protected allocated file system with this generation, this was the same year as the first Zune's, I think things have changed since then.

Personally, I love my iPods. I don't use the iTunes store though, I prefer using Amazon since they tend to be cheaper and there is no DRM.

I have a 20GB 2nd generation and a 160GB 5th generation. The 2nd gen is over 6 years old and still kicking. The only reason I upgraded to the 5th gen is so I could watch videos. I've transferred a good portion of my DVD collection onto my iPod.

Back