iPhone/iPod Apps

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey hey

i just got an iphone today, and i was wondering what some of you favorite apps are, including games? free or paid. doesn't matter to me.

-scuba

Good idea for a thread. There are so many apps out there it's tough to hear about them all.

I LUV - vlingo - voice activated web search, directions, phone numbers - I use this more than any other app.

Shazam of course - everyone knows about that.

Showtimes - uses the GPS to find movie times from theaters in your area.

iPulp - old Pulp magazines that you can download and read - costs something though.

ifart - no comment necessary.

Ocarina - turns the iPhone into a wind instrument (similar to above)

Scramble

Muddled

Google Earth

Remote

Flixster

Sportacular

Wikipanion

Enjoy the phone!! I can't live without mine

On Cydia:

NES - NES emulator
genesis4iPhon - Sega Genesis Emulator
Cycorder - record video on your iphone
gb4iPhone - Gameboy and Gameboy color emulator
WinterBoard - theme and tweaks manager
Netshare - internet tethering
Wolenstein 3D - sweeeeeeeeet

On App Store -

Labyrinth - iPhone version of classic marble maze game
Trace - get dude from point A to Point B by tracing a path. *this is my fave free game from the App Store*
Tap Defense - fun tower defense game

Stay away from:

Watchmen: Justice is Coming :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 It is soooooooo bad :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

eBay Mobile - awesome and easy to use

Amazon.com Mobile - I love it

Fandango - you can purchase tickets right from your phone

Photobucket - Upload to your account

Remote - Controls your iTunes library

Deliveries - sync tracking numbers from UPS, USPS, FedEx, Amazon and a bunch of others

IM Lite - Use MSN Messenger, AIM and other messaging accounts with this

iPhlix - Manage your Netflix queue to add and remove movies

Last edited:
I've got an Android phone, but some cool games my iPhone owning friends have shown me:

SinkSub--action/arcade uses accelerometer
Billy Frontier--shooter with wild west/space alien theme

eBay mobile - works great
Amazon mobile-
Aol radio - sports stations,comedy
Best thing about the apps is that they always improve them sooner or later. Enjoy ur phone,best one out there for me. P.S- I'm writing this form my iPhone.

hey hey

i just got an iphone today, and i was wondering what some of you favorite apps are, including games? free or paid. doesn't matter to me.

-scuba<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3232/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3232/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

ebay mobile

amazon mobile

ifart (ahem)

evernote

pandora

I would love an iPhone but I just don't talk on the phone hardly at all. I'm on of the few women who don't. And texting.....ugh. :lol

The extras sound great though.

Some of my favorites:

Tanzen: A tangram puzzle game with a ton of puzzles $1

Ocarina: Basically turns your iPhone into an ocarina and you can look up the sheet music to play on their website. $1

Darkroom: A very handy app for taking pictures. It is a camera app but it uses the accelerometer to detect movement and it won't take the picture until you're iPhone is completely still so your pictures all come out clear. I use it for every picture I take. FREE

Ebay- Ebay on your iPhone. FREE

Shazam- Can tell you the name and artist of a song by listening to it. FREE

Shotgun Free- A fun little app I discovered the other day. Hold your phone like a shotgun, pump, and recoil and it makes the noises. Fun to annoy your friends with. :D FREE

I have literally, 7 pages worth of apps :lol Some of my favs are:

• Facebook
  • Pandora
  • Shazam
  • AroundMe
  • Coin Flip
  • Iron Heart
  • ColorSplash (Paid App)
  • Zippo
  • MoreCowbell

I literally use mine like its an extension of myself. :lol

Thanks for the tips guys! :banana

Here's some of my favorites...

Kindle for iphone

Stanza

MyLight

iheartradio

ImageShack

whitenoise
weatherbug
pandora
aol radio
sol free
lightsaber
i.tv
checkers
scoremobile
live poker
undead
ifart

Thanks for the tips guys! :banana

Here's some of my favorites...

Kindle for iphone

Stanza

MyLight

iheartradio

ImageShack

I was ecstatic when they offered kindle - but you have to own a kindle also - so I was a little less pleased. Took me forever and a couple of emails to Amazon to figure that out though.

I recently added Kindle to my iphone and downloaded a whole book without any problem, and I don't own a kindle device. What generation of iphone do you have? Maybe that's a problem...

I recently added Kindle to my iphone and downloaded a whole book without any problem, and I don't own a kindle device. What generation of iphone do you have? Maybe that's a problem...

That is correct

Read Kindle books on your iPhone or iPod touch

No Kindle required
Get the best reading experience available on your iPhone or iPod touch
Access your Kindle books even if you don't have your Kindle with you
Automatically synchronizes your last page read between devices with Amazon Whispersync
Adjust the text size, add bookmarks, and view the annotations you created on your Kindle
Don't have a Kindle? Get yours here

Hmm. I have the 3G. It wouldn't let me sign up without entering a kindle registration number. I'll have to try again.

Ah, that's it - this message didn't appear and since I couldn't get a magazine to test I didn't bother with the books.

David, we currently only show an iPhone or iPod touch registered to your Amazon account. Periodicals such as newspapers, magazines, and blogs are not available on Kindle for iPhone at this time.

Here are some apps I have on my iPhone:

HoldEm - Texas holdem poker game
Top 3 Solitaire - Has Spider, Klondike and Freecell
Cube Runner - a cool game that uses the motion of the phone to maneuver an arrow through a maze of cubes coming at you
Lightsaber - turns your phone into a lightsaber complete with motion sounds and clashing sounds
Pocketpedia - Basically Amazon for your phone and lets you keep a database for what DVDs, CDs, Games and books you own.
PocketGuitar - a guitar you can strum by touching the screen. Fun way to kill time when you are in a line or sitting somewhere bored.
Zippo Lighter - It's just cool and fun to play with a fake Zippo
Ocarina - Blow into the bottom of the phone and play this fun flute like instrument
7 Horror Books - Comes with 7 horror books: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Robert Louis Stevenson's Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu, Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera, Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Classics - This one comes with even more books to read and is regularly updated with new books at no extra charge: The Count of Monte Cristo, Frankenstein, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Alice in Wonderland, Dracula, Robinson Crusoe, The Time Machine, Call of the Wild, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Jungle Book, Paradise Lost, Hound of the Baskervilles, Gulliver's Travels, A Christmas Carol, The Metamorphosis, Flatland, Pride and Prejudice, and Treasure Island
Labyrinth LE - A neat get the marble to the finish avoiding the obstacles game using the motion of the phone to do so. Addictive.

Back