Interest thread for david mills seven jacket tailored by Kato.E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JOKER

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi i have spoken to kato.E and he has agreed for this thread to be started, this will only happen if there is enough interest and if it does happen it wont be untill early next year, unless there is a lot of interest.

Untitled-3_copy.png

The jacket in question is the black leather jacket worn by detective David Mills (Brad Pitt) in Seven, this is only for the jacket and not for the entire costume.

1. THE JOKER

Last edited:
Where is sunohc's head?

Possibly the lack of interest because ideally you need to have Somerset to display with him.

If it were a full outfit I would likely be in. My favourite film bar none.

I would be all over this buddy really i would i just cant over look the way Dan has done the lips :monkey2

If the lips could be amended i would be in in a shot

there a little off but im sure it will be an easy fix, either way its better then what already on the market.

I agree however i wouldnt be able to look at anything other than them lips and how if they were changed how awesome it could look :(

It would be a very nice piece no doubt. How could it not? It's Kato E!

Personally speaking though, I have the century version and it's more than adequate enough for me and the jacket is not quite accurate but I have to say it's accurate enough for me. I think Kato's services and prices are better served for the truly iconic pieces that you simply just can't get a close enough version of. Morpheus, Indiana Jones, Neo etc. They are all so specific. There might not be a perfect version of the Mills jacket but it's generic enough that there are many that are close enough and such a fraction of the cost that I'd rather, and would gladly fork over my Kato E. money for the things that really knock my socks off.

That's only my opinion of course, I agree that Se7en is more than worthy a movie to have figures of. I'd be more inclined to have Kato make a damn Morgan Freeman sweatervest because something like that simply does not exist. It's the only thing that's been preventing e from finishing my Somerset custom for over a year now.

For some reason, i've never watched the movie. So for me to get one is abit out of the question.

Is there a possibility on changing to a "Foxhound coat" ?

Last edited:
To me, Mills is a must have for a custom figure collection as Se7en was really the first time I had a movie have that type of impact on me. I think the movie really had an impact on movie making...my own personal opinion here, of course.

I actually have a custom Mills figure in my collection and I've dreamed of re-working it or just starting over and making a much more accurate version. My ultimate plan was to make a diorama of Mills from the end of the film.......

SPOILERS AHEAD

...with teary eyes and gun drawn on John Doe. I was thinking the Ada Chan Kevin Spacey head might work. I was actually wondering if I might be able to commisson somebody to rework a HT Aldo head into Mills as the expression itself would be great. Then make a patch of ground type diorama to fit the terrain at the end of the film and of course "the box".

I really haven't gotten far enough along in this idea yet to say I'd get a custom Mills jacket, but if I got it going, I'd really get interested as I know Kato would make it epic!

Spenser should take a shot at se7en brad pitt, i think he can do it.

It would be a very nice piece no doubt. How could it not? It's Kato E!

Personally speaking though, I have the century version and it's more than adequate enough for me and the jacket is not quite accurate but I have to say it's accurate enough for me. I think Kato's services and prices are better served for the truly iconic pieces that you simply just can't get a close enough version of. Morpheus, Indiana Jones, Neo etc. They are all so specific. There might not be a perfect version of the Mills jacket but it's generic enough that there are many that are close enough and such a fraction of the cost that I'd rather, and would gladly fork over my Kato E. money for the things that really knock my socks off.

That's only my opinion of course, I agree that Se7en is more than worthy a movie to have figures of. I'd be more inclined to have Kato make a damn Morgan Freeman sweatervest because something like that simply does not exist. It's the only thing that's been preventing e from finishing my Somerset custom for over a year now.

I agree with most of this except no jacket comes close to the one in the film apart from the hot toys one, but its oversized and made of a horrible material that doesnt shine like in the film.
The coat he wears in the film goes down to his knees and he usually has his suit jacket underneath.

Back