Ujindou UD9027 1. SS-Panzerdivision LSSAH SS-Untersturmführer (Normandy, 1944)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 0.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 1.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 2.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 3.jpg

Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 5.jpg

Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 4.jpg

Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 6.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 7.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 8.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 9.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 10.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 11.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 12.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 13.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 14.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 15.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 16.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 17.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 18.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 19.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 20.jpg
Ujindou UD9027 Panzer 21.jpg

UJINDOU 1/6 WWII SS LSSAH Panzer
1/6 World War II German Guards Armored Second Lieutenant
NO.UD9027

1. Characters:

1. Simulated head sculpture NEW BOND HEAD SCULPTURE
2. Body with palms/feet BODY / RELAXED HANDS

2 , Clothing category COSTUME:
3.1X Panzer jacket
4.1X Panzer trousers
5.1X Panzer Leather jacket (Genuine sheepskin leather)
6.1X Panzer Leather trousers (Genuine sheepskin leather)
7.1X Pea Dot Pattern Panzer jacket
8.1X Pea Dot Pattern Panzer trousers
9.1X Shirt
10.1 PAIR Boots
11.1X Panzer cap
12.1X Officer cap
13.1X Side cap
14.1X Tie

ACCESSORIES:
15.2PAIR Collar Tabs
16.2PAIR Shoulder Boards
17.2X Bevo Sleeve Eagle
18.1X Cuff Title
19.1X Verwundeten-Abzeichen in copper
20.1X Iron Cross 1st Class
21.1X Panzer Assault Badge in silver
22.1X Officer Belt
23.1X Holster
24.1x Binoculars
25.1X Map Case

4. Weapon WEAPONS:
26.1X Luger P08
27.1X pistol magazine

Last edited:
There are more photos, but I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough about the set to include them all.

They include three jackets and three pairs of trousers, but allow you to only build one of them at a time.

One shirt; one tie; one pair of boots; one set of medals; one belt, holster and pistol, and two (?) pairs of shoulder boards, collar and sleeve insignia.

The single cuff title is correct as per regulations, as I just found out from a quick search, and corroborated from other sources.

The cufftitle was a black band with white or silver borders, worn on the bottom of the left sleeve. It was to be worn on the field blouse or Feldbluse and the greatcoat or Mantel. It was not allowed to be worn on shirts, camouflage garments and or drill uniforms.

https://fjm44.com/articles/waffen-ss-cufftitle-variants-and-details/

(DID's movie inspired Jager figure is therefore non-regulation. Nevertheless, there are apparently photographs showing cuff titles on camouflage garments worn by officers, NCOs and regular soldiers).

Was going to say this is perfect for a Bobby Woll then I saw the picture they used in the background. They should have just gone full in since that is who obviously inspired this figure.
Capture.PNG

Ujindou claimed that the leather uniform "will be made of genuine sheepskin leather", and it does smell like real leather.

It's thin, which is good for scale, but the backing doesn't look like "genuine leather". The thinness is a tell that it's very likely bonded leather. i.e., fragments of sheepskin glued to an artificial backing.

The visor cap is wired.

The field cap looks too big on the stock sculpt as Ujindou heads tend to be on the small side. It looks much better on a slightly larger DID sculpt, in this case the Tom Cruise Stauffenberg.

I got two sets and planned to make four figures. Something I hadn't thought through before was that while you can lower the rank with the camouflage wraps, since they don't need shoulder boards, the field (ski) and side caps have the silver piping for an officer.

The crusher cap is more versatile as it only has Panzer piping, though I think limited to the period prior to November 1940, after which the regulation was for white piping for Waffen-SS.

I have a spare DID Otto side cap in grey which would work for early war, before all the black caps had been issued.

IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

Decided to only build three figures, and put the other three uniforms into spares.

An LSSAH Untersturmführer made with a DID R80139 Vasily Zaytsev body & sculpt:

IMG_2522 Ujindou LSSAH.JPG

An Untersturmführer made with the stock body and sculpt, but with a Hitlerjugend cuff title so I didn't have to attach the tiny "LAH" cyphers to the shoulder boards again:

IMG_2533 Ujindou LSSAH.JPG

An Oberscharführer made with the stock body and sculpt (forgot to push the double sided tape under the cap eagle before taking the photo):

IMG_2527 Ujindou LSSAH.JPG

I bit the bullet and changed the cuff title and put the shoulder board cyphers onto the second Untersturmführer.

The cyphers are fiddlier than pips because they're harder to get hold of (and also keep hold of), and it's not easy making sure the orientation of the design is correct. They're actually amazingly well detailed for their size, when seen under a magnifying glass.

IMG_2551 LSSAH.JPG

Last edited:
Back