INTEREST? CPT James Hook by Serang

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armysoldier74b

Super Freak
Reaction score
hook_poster.jpg

tumblr_m5zzdrsIw41rwnpavo2_1280.jpg

I want to thank Serang himself for giving me his blessing to open this thread.
The reason for opening this thread is to gather interest for a Serang-made CPT Hook.
The idea of a Serang Hook hit me when he posted pictures of Jimi Hendrix. Serang was able to nail Jimi’s complex outfit and I believe he will do the same with Hook's outfit.
Hook's outfit, along with Serang’s incredible sculpting and painting skills, and this figure is destined to become a masterpiece.
Serang has already made up his mind what figures to make for 2012, but before he starts booking new figures for 2013 I wanted to sway his decision a bit with this interest thread.
Show your support by dropping in and showing some love. I’ll try to answer as many questions as I can and keep this thread as organized as possible.
A lot of information on Serang’s work, including purchasing his figures, can be found on his website.
Serang's Website
His past work:
Jimi Hendrix (God of Guitar)

Lets get this thread off the ground :yess:

Last edited:
A Dustin Hoffman Hook? Or what version are you talking about?

Either way I am sure it will turn out amazing! I can't wait to see it.

I do love Serang's work and prefer his elaborate detailed clothing like his Hendrix but I'm not sure I love the Character Hook enough to invest so much $$$ into it. BUT, if it came out outstanding.... I may be interested. I would definitely keep my eye on it.

Oh hellllll yes. And perfect choice of artist, I might add. :rock

Thanks man I've been wanting this for some time and finally built up the courage to ask him while chatting with him.

I do love Serang's work and prefer his elaborate detailed clothing like his Hendrix but I'm not sure I love the Character Hook enough to invest so much $$$ into it. BUT, if it came out outstanding.... I may be interested. I would definitely keep my eye on it.

I believe with any figure you will have those who love the character and those who don't. Its all a matter of personal taste and there is nothing wrong with that :)

As for me I really hope enough people show enough interest , which can convince Serang to take him on. :pray:

Hooks an interesting choice. Just know serang would knock this out of the park. His ability to construct complex outfits is incredible, right up his street

Really hope this gets made, but I find it a little odd that Serang is asking for an interest thread. Only because he's so courageous when it comes to his choices, and rarely depends on forehand knowledge of interest. He always lets his work speak for itself, and boy does it; volumes.

This should be really interesting. No personal interest but I hope enough people jump in with you bud. If anyone should take this on its definitely Serang. If this progresses I'll be watching with enthusiasm.

I know it's early but what are the hopes for? Real hair like Jimmy, right?

Thanks for talking to serang and getting this interest thread going Army!:hi5: I'm most certainly on board matey! :arr

Prince instead.....the way he did Jimi....Prince would be the next thing. I'm sure he can get the clothing down perfect for him...but next year he said he would look into it. Hook....i'll have to pass on that one....watched the movie and wasn't to impressed...plus Peter Pan....well.....lol

I would be very excited to watch Serang construct a Captain Hook, if only to be an observer to his craft. I wouldn't buy a Dustin Hoffman Hook though, I'd much prefer a fantasized one.

Really hope this gets made, but I find it a little odd that Serang is asking for an interest thread. Only because he's so courageous when it comes to his choices, and rarely depends on forehand knowledge of interest. He always lets his work speak for itself, and boy does it; volumes.

Serang didn't ask for one :)

I approached him with the idea of starting an interest thread to see if I could get enough people interested.

You are right about Serang being courageous about his choices. He chooses the projects he wants and does things the way he wants to do them. The end result is his figures turn out amazing! :thud:

I told him I would only start the thread with his blessing and I won't be bugging him about making it. I told him I'll let the interest speak for itself :lecture

Last edited:
Serang didn't ask for one :)

I approached with him the idea of starting an interest thread to see if I could get enough people interested.

You are right about Serang being courageous about his choices. He chooses the projects he wants and does things the way he wants to do them. The end result is his figures turn out amazing! :thud:

I told him I would only start the thread with his blessing and I won't be bugging him about making it. I told him I'll let the interest speak for itself :lecture

Roger that, here's hoping! :duff

Back