Insurance for Statue Collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarakawa

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know this was discussed somewhere but I wasn't sure where. I'm slowly thinking about insuring my collection. It seemed ludicrous at one point but I have quite a bit of money in this collection now and there were some really bad fires down here in SD a week or so ago that got me thinking that insurance is a good idea. Can someone point me in the right direction? Or if you have insurance yourself and how you like the company you get it from?

there is collectible insurance out there, but I talked with my home insurance company awhile and they said that many policies have a built-in section to cover stuff such as collectibles/paintings etc. I would consult with your home insurance company before buying additional insurance. If it is covered, do take videos and pictures of everything you own.

Well you need to give me your carriers name cause most do not cover statues and comic books. Minimum coverage of $1,500 was what i was told through my home owners

there is collectible insurance out there, but I talked with my home insurance company awhile and they said that many policies have a built-in section to cover stuff such as collectibles/paintings etc. I would consult with your home insurance company before buying additional insurance. If it is covered, do take videos and pictures of everything you own.

i think the go to place is collectibleinsurance.com?

I know this was discussed somewhere but I wasn't sure where. I'm slowly thinking about insuring my collection. It seemed ludicrous at one point but I have quite a bit of money in this collection now and there were some really bad fires down here in SD a week or so ago that got me thinking that insurance is a good idea. Can someone point me in the right direction? Or if you have insurance yourself and how you like the company you get it from?

I have USAA and I've called to ask and my stuff is covered under my normal policy. I’m sure every company is different. Like CollectorNC said I would defiantly call your company first before you buy a separate policy.

I have USAA and I've called to ask and my stuff is covered under my normal policy. I’m sure every company is different. Like CollectorNC said I would defiantly call your company first before you buy a separate policy.

USAA rocks.....and my collection is covered for full replacement cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back