inglorious basterds?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I want a Bear Jew I don't think HT would release more :/ . Bashing/customizing is the way to go now IMO, hehe.

Yeah I'm doubtfull we'll see anymore. If by some chance HT does make more IB figures it will probably just be Aldo in tux and possibly Landa in his dress uniform.

No. Why? Because Aldo Raine is still available at some places for discounted price. I think it's a guarantee that collectors aren't flocking to these figures because they're not from populous friendly movies like Iron Man 2 and Predators.

I don't think HT had any definite intention or plan to produce other characters from the film other than Aldo Raine and Hans Landa to begin with.

The same could very well occur with the license for THE EXPENDABLES. We're definitely getting Barney (Stallone) and very likely/possibly Lee (Statham), but very mariginal chances on the rest of the characters.

We should consider ourselves lucky that we even got Hans Landa. I'm willing to bet that HT's decision to do a figure of him hinged on Christoph Waltz winning the Academy Award/Oscar (which he obviously did).

If HT made more, I'd buy 'em, but I'm doubtful it'll happen.

No. Why? Because Aldo Raine is still available at some places for discounted price. I think it's a guarantee that collectors aren't flocking to these figures because they're not from populous friendly movies like Iron Man 2 and Predators.
I liked Inglorious more than either of those other films, but don't want the figures because they are too boring on the shelf (and, I'm not entirely comfortable with a Nazi action figure beyond something ridiculously fantastic like Red Skull). So, I think that's another reason folks aren't buying these.

...(and, I'm not entirely comfortable with a Nazi action figure beyond something ridiculously fantastic like Red Skull). So, I think that's another reason folks aren't buying these.

Yeah the serious expression killed interest for me. A goofy or smirking Nazi has a very different impact than the deadly serious expression HT's Landa bore. That was a huge fail on their part.

And of course Shoshana gets no figure at all but that Blade III and those video game figures get made. WTF.

I liked Inglorious more than either of those other films, but don't want the figures because they are too boring on the shelf

Aldo may look a bit boring in some pics, but IMO he's one of the best figures I have. Not boring at all. So many possibilities of poses with all the clothes and accessories! :rock

And of course Shoshana gets no figure at all but that Blade III and those video game figures get made. WTF.

I'd love to see a Shosanna figure!! :goodpost: :rock

I liked Inglorious more than either of those other films, but don't want the figures because they are too boring on the shelf (and, I'm not entirely comfortable with a Nazi action figure beyond something ridiculously fantastic like Red Skull). So, I think that's another reason folks aren't buying these.

:exactly:

Yeah the serious expression killed interest for me. A goofy or smirking Nazi has a very different impact than the deadly serious expression HT's Landa bore. That was a huge fail on their part.

This entire post is crazy, who that bought landa would buy him looking 'goofy'? With the exception of a goofy look thats character accurate i.e 'Thats a bingo!' pose, its pretty crazy to ask for silly looking figs. The others got made because they are interesting to look at, costume wise etc. Granted HT makes odd choices from time to time but still...

While I accept that HT is done with the Basterds line, I'd actually want to see Major Hellstrom, Lt. Archie Hicox in German officer disguise or Pvt. Fredrick Zollar.

But I got Aldo and Landa so I'm basically happy.

TBH I wasn't impressed with either figure enough to get them. Yes the Landa sculpt is dead on, but I wanted more of the fun sinister Landa, and a tux would have been cool (a psuedo DX) but neither wowed me enough to buy them. TBH I found both underwhelming in person.

TBH I wasn't impressed with either figure enough to get them. Yes the Landa sculpt is dead on, but I wanted more of the fun sinister Landa, and a tux would have been cool (a psuedo DX) but neither wowed me enough to buy them. TBH I found both underwhelming in person.

how does it feel to be in the minority :nana::wink1:

If I had to get two more figures from this line it would be The Bear Jew and Hugo as well, sadly i don't think they'll be made like everyone else here.

If I had to get two more figures from this line it would be The Bear Jew and Hugo as well, sadly i don't think they'll be made like everyone else here.

they would be great!

id get the head sculpts done but i have way more customs id have to do first unfortunately

Back