Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf no offence but maybe u can try putting the Metal Boss HS on your custom Big Boss and it may look even better. Nice display of your figures by the way.
In Asia, the Inflames figures are pretty popular but apparently in this board, I can see almost ZERO interest for the figures even befor HT release their metal gear figures.:dunno

Thanks for the feedback, bro. I haven't tried that, so I might switch them around. :) The custom HS was sculpted by Mr. Francis Lerma, a famous sculptor here in the Philippines. Here is a close-up:

394397545.jpg

395200131.jpg

Yeah, only the true Metal Gear fans appreciated the Metal Boss, and I may say some military fanatics liked the gear because this is a 'Nam Era boxed set.

The two figures on the left :love. But, the figure on the right :yuck. Looks like he was slapped with an ugly stick and given an upper-cut to the chin.

Lol! I really don't like the Metal Boss "unmodded" headsculpt. I will try the Hot Toys neck adapter on it, and see if it settles lower, and I hope a non-TTM18 will do the job.

My only issue with that Headsculpt you got there is that it's not aged enough. At that point in time he had the MGS2 Snake cheekbones.

^^ True, but it's a sculpt done during Mr. Lerma's "earlier days" as a sculptor. :( Now, he makes bad-ass sculpts and I wish I had it done nowadays.

I'll be happy with the Hot Toys Naked Snake sculpt. :)

^^ True, but it's a sculpt done during Mr. Lerma's "earlier days" as a sculptor. :( Now, he makes bad-ass sculpts and I wish I had it done nowadays.

I'll be happy with the Hot Toys Naked Snake sculpt. :)

I know Hot Toys will come through. I just don't like how his head is wide, and Boss needs to be more femmed up a bit but still stay butch. The prototypes are always worlds apart from the final mold.

Thanks for the feedback, bro. I haven't tried that, so I might switch them around. :) The custom HS was sculpted by Mr. Francis Lerma, a famous sculptor here in the Philippines. Here is a close-up:

394397545.jpg

This is a nice looking pic of the custom Boss HS and nice work.
But from the second picture, the HS does not look very oustanding and it is hard to get a nice Boss HS, :)

It's the same headsculpt. Maybe it's the lighting and angle?
I will try to take a better photo. :)

I was really referring to this custom repaint from Golgo-013 (from the OSW forum). To me, the sculpt looks spot-on to Old Snake (Medicom managed to nail his ugly look just right). But it's in need of a dire re-paint to actually look good.

I'm planning to try something like this out sometime in the future - repaint, and swap out the RAH body with a Hot Toys true type.

Well I have put my old snake on a tt body and repainted the head.
Actually I repainted the hwole suit becasuse I only had the od version and wanted the blue one.

P1020077.jpg

and with some reworks the inflames head isn't that bad IMO.

P1020081.jpg

That Old Snake paint job looks great and gives it more character. Just I think his skin tone is a bit dark for Snake. Maybe it's a tan from the middle eastern sun :p

Nice custom LoneWolf, just to share my display of Inflames Metal Boss, this thread is really dead....

Boss2.jpg

Boss1.jpg

Yeah interest was killed by the upcoming HT release. I still think Inflames-Headplay did a good job on the accessories. Hehe.

Great display you got there. What body did you use for your Inflames-Headplay Metal Boss figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks LoneWolf and the 2 Inflames metal boss (Armour and BDU) are on their original bodies. No mod to them except for the neck adapter.
The dark green clean fatigue big boss is on a Hot Toys TTM-18 body as I was not satisfied with his look on a TTL body then.
I got a gd deal as I was facing the choice of buying the detachable hair piece at SGD$15 or buyin the Zombie head with hair piece + bandana at SGD$30.......I thought over it for 10 min and bought the zombie head.
I may get an additional hair piece for my zombie head at $15 for another modern day Big Boss bash as MCtoys came out with some cool camou clothes. :)

Re: Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Yeah interest was killed by the upcoming HT release. I still think Inflames-Headplay did a good job on the accessories. Hehe.

Great display you got there. What body did you use for your Inflames-Headplay Metal Boss figures?

My interest didn't die:)
Did you get my last PM regarding this figure?

Mine neither.
Just got the armor one its awesome.
Save for the hs the ht dont interest me.

I hope Inflames-Headplay can try doing the Cobras. I am 99.99% sure that Hot Toys will not be releasing any MGS villains.
If they do, I'll bite. :clap

Back