Infinity Studio: Predator 2 - City Hunter 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL - just realised I had described the action needed before . . .

Yeah - too bloody right!

Sadshow vs. this is like night and day - the ENTIRE experience. Can't believe we can actually get what was originally shown - amazing quality. If only every purchase could work out this way.

Just start to push the blades in, then angle slightly down - they do NOT need to be forced - they'll slot right in once you get that angle right (the action would be a bit like using an old-fashioned can opener).

Let us know how it goes.

I think I've got it now. Still think it could have been implemented in a better way though! The blade closest to the camera went in with a definite "clunk" and it feels like it's set in there correctly the other one although it's in the exact same position doesn't feel right. Close enough though!
5125a657da4748f2e86a77cc4c8c232c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think I've got it now. Still think it could have been implemented in a better way though! The blade closest to the camera went in with a definite "clunk" and it feels like it's set in there correctly the other one although it's in the exact same position doesn't feel right. Close enough though! . . .

Yeah - you got it dude :duff

Had this for a couple of weeks now and I'm very happy with my purchase. I was not prepared for the weight of that base though!!!

Having trouble deciding between headsculpts as both look really good. The only thing that spoils the experience is the utterly stupid way they designed and implemented the gauntlet blades. My God what a terrible design. I have no idea of they're in correctly and I feel that if I look at them wrong they will fall out. Probably one of the worst ways they could have done it
284ad5fabe4dce1c2935e1f31689c7e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Very nice, quite an incredible sculpture, looks very detailed for it's scale. Take a photo of the other head sculpt, maybe we can help you with your decision :)

Had mine about a month now. It was nice to finally add another quality Predator piece to the collection after all these years.

Some quick naff pics, everything is a bit cluttered at present until my new displays arrive in the springtime.

Had mine about a month now. It was nice to finally add another quality Predator piece to the collection after all these years.

Some quick naff pics, everything is a bit cluttered at present until my new displays arrive in the springtime.

Looks badass, the spear/mask, disc/face portrait combo you can't go wrong and looks the best. Both portraits look nice and it's good to have the option, but the predator with the mask off is done so well, terrific sculpt and paint, if I must choose, that gets an extra nod from me :)

It looks an impressive size next to that already large Warrior. It actually shows it up by looking more impressive in a few ways and I like that Alien statue. Both look better up high where you have them.

hey guys, have any of you had any issues getting the Predator body to completely sit flush with the base?? I've tried multiple times at different angles and the peg just won't go in all the way. This is probably the worst piece I've ever had as far as unboxing and putting together. Getting that base out by myself was way more difficult than it should have been.

Even after trying to use brute force and it getting completely stuck trying to remove it, I can see the bottom of the key and peg are rubbing together a lot. This might be just a crap QC piece that I got.

Last edited:
I had zero problems with the body/base connection.

His left arm was the toughy for me (worked out by my Son), and it took a few attempts until I was comfy with the unmasked head due to the elasticity of the dreads.

But that base is one heavy mofo for sure! (no way I'd have attempted assembly on my own).

There's a video a few pages back that shows how to do things properly.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

His left arm was the toughy for me (worked out by my Son), and it took a few attempts until I was comfy with the unmasked head due to the elasticity of the dreads.

But that base is one heavy mofo for sure! (no way I'd have attempted assembly on my own).

thanks, yea, I think I just have a crap QC piece. It should never be this difficult to get the peg all the way in. If I can't figure it out, I think it's gonna have to go back and I won't be trying for a replacement.

when you get a chance man, could you or someone else that sees this post a photo of the body to base connection so I can see how far off mine is?

when you get a chance man, could you or someone else that sees this post a photo of the body to base connection so I can see how far off mine is?

Can you take a photo of yours first so I can see which part you are having problems with?

As you know - it's crazy heavy, and mine is way up high, in a corner, behind my monitor & other stuff, so it's impossible to get close to.

If I can see exactly what your problem is, I'll see what I can do (but there's no way in heck I'm trying to move stuff! :) )

Unfortunately the pics came in sideways, but you can see what I mean. I wonder if it's not fitting because inside the key hole, the nottom is really rough? Should be smooth like the other 3 sides.

20210123_142653.jpg

20210123_142700.jpg

20210123_142715.jpg

20210123_151754.jpg

RIGHT! - I see what you mean now.

The male/female connection should slot ALL THE WAY IN. I seem to remember we had to jiggle the torso a bit to get it to fit, but once you get the right angle it SHOULD slide home. Just takes a bit of trial & error. It's tough because of the weight.

Here's a couple of shots of OURS (fuzzy due to me having to use a mirror) - I can't pull our connection point apart to check the surface smoothness on ours due to the reasons mentioned above.

Does this help? I can try other angles if needed.

2021-01-23 Torso-column connectivity (for azurepred on Freaks).JPG

Yep man, I've tried to reset over 5 times now, trying to jiggle, change angles, etc. I can get it to go in a little further, but then it just feels completely stuck. Takes me a few minutes at that point to even remove him from the base to start again. The problem to me seems like the base. All the sides should be smooth. Damn. Thanks for the pics!

Back