Infinity Studio: Predator 2 - City Hunter 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good to hear, I wanted to use Spec fiction for my P1 version but they only have the reg and I'm an EX snob, if I'm spending this much, I'd rather pay a little more and get all of the options tbh even if I maybe won't use them. I'm still considering this from them although I'm not sure I can justify two expensive statues of the same character these days, even my favourite. Maybe this is even better in person, even I thought the base paint looks quite bland in the pictures etc although I haven't mentioned it. That's partly why I asked for a post honeymoon opinion. Your word is plenty good enough for me that it isn't the case, some paint subtleties often don't translate well into pictures. I can imagine that this is pretty impressive in person. It looks big in video also, that's something else that doesn't come across in pictures. I'm glad you're both happy, I hope I'm the same once my Prime 1 City and Jungle Hunters arrive. Just need a nice Wolf & Berserker now before I maybe call it a day before I'm fully priced out.

I would have been happy getting the PRIME1 reg CH as (for me) the pose with the disc doesn't make sense as a movie shot or an "imagined scenes" shot. If they'd made the EX a bloody "Jerry Lambert" skull/spine - THEN I'd have gone for it. That's one of the reasons I didn't go for it at the end, because even the spear being extended/brandished looks odd without the skull/spine trophy from that scene.

The base on this is concrete rubble and dust - only so much you can do with washes and shading. Imagine what you'd see if you broke up breezeblocks in real life and that's what you've got here. I think it fully represents that "imagined scene" but YMMV. The copper colours on what remains of undamaged portions of the circular column is perfect. The shell casings are very carefully painted so as to not bleed brass paint onto the surrounding rubble, and the Jamaican arm/gun are great too.

I like this so much that I'm now thinking I may get the Infinity Studios JH (even given the "awkward" right leg position) instead of the PRIME 1 piece. Just don't think I need both. If I do get both, they'll be via Spec Fiction, as I'm not bothered about that spear that's only available via PRIME1 direct.

I've now got the Infinity Studios CH looming down on me from above my monitor - it looks amazing in real life - very imposing !!!!!!!! (another temporary position until I have the time to reorganise the entire office).

image.png

The leg position isn't as big a deal to me on the Infinity JH. It's definitely odd, but what really messes up that piece for me is the fact that it lacks the presence of a giant Predator statue. I'm not one of those people who thinks it's underscaled, it just feels small even if it's truly 1/4.

Infinity's CH feels substantial, though. Prime 1's does as well (even though, ironically, the pose makes that statue the smallest of these). Maybe it's the ratio of character to tree/base?

The leg position isn't as big a deal to me on the Infinity JH. It's definitely odd, but what really messes up that piece for me is the fact that it lacks the presence of a giant Predator statue. I'm not one of those people who thinks it's underscaled, it just feels small even if it's truly 1/4 . . . Maybe it's the ratio of character to tree/base?

Yeah - maybe - but to be honest - I didn't think it looked undersized. It certainly doesn't help that there are currently so few photos out there.

I'm eagerly awaiting the proper JH pre-order "reveal" that's supposed to happen around December 7th - we'll have plenty of photos then - and I hope they include a side-by-side with the CH.

Fingers crossed.

I'm not feeling Infinities Jungle hunter sadly. It's a good enough concept though, maybe it'll grow on me. Or better yet, maybe they'll tweak it in a few key areas which could potentially transform it. I do wish they had made their Berserker concept which was much better than the final (falling over/slashing) Pose they chose, I likely would have got one of those. I have however found myself watching vids etc of Prime 1's jungle hunter. I hadn't thought about it much lately but having just ordered their City hunter, I found myself excited for that one all over again and it's a monster of a statue. Can't wait for them both to arrive.

Looking to pick up the Ultimate Ed but getting quoted insane shipping prices, like $600+. :gah:

Is the box THAT big ? I’m only paying $250-$300 for Legendary Scale pieces & life size busts.

Where did you get yours from Col ? If you don?t mind me asking.

Looking to pick up the Ultimate Ed but getting quoted insane shipping prices, like $600+. :gah:

Is the box THAT big ? I’m only paying $250-$300 for Legendary Scale pieces & life size busts.

Where did you get yours from Col ? If you don?t mind me asking.

Box is rather large, and heavy...

20201017_224724.jpg

Got mine from CDUK.

Had this for a couple of weeks now and I'm very happy with my purchase. I was not prepared for the weight of that base though!!!

Having trouble deciding between headsculpts as both look really good. The only thing that spoils the experience is the utterly stupid way they designed and implemented the gauntlet blades. My God what a terrible design. I have no idea of they're in correctly and I feel that if I look at them wrong they will fall out. Probably one of the worst ways they could have done it
284ad5fabe4dce1c2935e1f31689c7e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Had this for a couple of weeks now and I'm very happy with my purchase. I was not prepared for the weight of that base though!!!

Having trouble deciding between headsculpts as both look really good. The only thing that spoils the experience is the utterly stupid way they designed and implemented the gauntlet blades. My God what a terrible design. I have no idea of they're in correctly and I feel that if I look at them wrong they will fall out. Probably one of the worst ways they could have done it . . .

From that pic - you 100% haven't got them in correctly (yet). They should be straight/parallel with the housing.

Awesome. Cheers mate, very much appreciated!

No worries - I would have taken mine out to check how they slot in for you - but I distinctly remember that (as you said) it's a bit of a dodgy fitting, so describing the action of how to lever them in would be impossible.

Best of luck.

Please let us know how it goes (success or failure).

Back