Infinity Studio: Predator 2 - City Hunter 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bio shape looks a little off to my eye on the side. Other than that, looks great, but I was also expecting better paint apps for the skin, not that its bad. Looks like they got the brown netting right. Price is going to make a huge difference on this one.

this one unmasked and the P1 masked... love them both but still prefered this one

pred_012.jpg

pred_011.jpg

pred_010.jpg
While I do like the unmasked head sculpt, the bio mask has a Friday The 13th Jason Voorhees vibe to it, not sure why...

There's a few inaccuracies on the head. The pattern on the crown doesn't have enough <> in the middle of the crown, there should be 4 of those and 2 | ones below. The colour flares around these are all kinds of wrong. The eye colour is wrong. Most of the dred rings especially on his left side (fish pattern) he never even wears, most are smooth with no details. The snout on the bio seems a bit short to me.
It's OK but I expect better!

The bio mask is definitely off, maybe small and the dreads should be longer.
Other than that, the pose/concept is great and I think I prefer it over P1.

P1s mask doesn't have the classic city hunter mask 'frown', and with those weird scars, is an obvious 'off' to me.

Wow... to me, easily the best city hunter 1/4 statue so far.
The pose, helmet, unmasked head, all better than P1s...

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this statue by any means, in fact I'll grab one happily in the unlikely event that it can be easily secured for a decent price. But I have to disagree with your opinion that the Infinity version is better in every regard. The mask on the prime 1 statue is far from perfect (I pointed out areas it could be bettered in the relevant thread) But it's much better than Infinities attempt. The more I look at Infinities, the more disappointing it is to me. It's small, scrunched up and misses a few key shapes which the Prime 1 mask managed better. Everybody misses the mark on the P2 hero mask but I really expected much better from this company. Pose wise Prime 1's is perfectly fitting for the character, fairly iconic and will likely be more appealing to the masses. But I quite like that this one engages the imagination and shows off our boy at a time we never saw him on screen, so I'd say the poses are both pretty good. There isn't much in the unmasked head tbh although I think Prime 1's is painted a bit better. So both are fine statues, I really liked the look of this when it was unpainted and before we saw the bio. I'm a little underwhelmed now it's finished. But it's still leagues above Sideshows attempt and I'm sure it'll make a fine statue in any fans collection, I just wish they would tweak that mask.

Fortunately there is no right or wrong answer as to which one is better. Just our own opinions to ourselves. Ultimately whichever one we each favor (It's the P1 for me) it's great that we have a choice between two high end and impressive Predator 2 statues. :yess:

Here's a few side by side images.

j7nA9FT.jpg

gYcuUxT.png

. . . Fortunately there is no right or wrong answer as to which one is better. Just our own opinions to ourselves. Ultimately whichever one we each favor (It's the P1 for me) it's great that we have a choice between two high end and impressive Predator 2 statues. :yess:

Here's a few side by side images.

j7nA9FT.jpg

gYcuUxT.png

Damn you for those side-by-side images you foul beast . . .

The City Hunter is by far my fave Pred design, so I've now got to the point where I may have to get both (bugger :gah:)

PS: Thanks for the side-by-side images Matt :)

Damn you for those side-by-side images you foul beast . . .

I've now got to the point where I may have to get both (bugger :gah:)

Happy to help as ever ;) A couple of years back, I'd have bought both without blinking (I'd love to buy both now) I just can't keep up with the prices these days as real word stuff gets in the way more and more. I'll hopefully be able to get the Prime version ordered at some point.

P1 masked with spear and Infinity unmasked with disk (or spear) ...both are a must have

So Prime 1 still isn't specifying a scale on theirs?

I'm sure they did say it's 1/4 at some point, but it is a little worrying that it doesn't state such on the order page. Might just be a license thing. That said, just because other companies list stuff as certain scales, doesn't necessarily mean that they are exactly that scale anyway.

Infinity’s unmasked head looks like it was 3d scanned from Coolprops’ bust. Which is VERY accurate.

Dunno if I’ll get one cuz now I decided to collecting JH only... but Infinity’s got my vote for that unmasked head alone.

Back