Infinite / Kaustic Plastik: Peter Sellers (as Clouseau) 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oBaUFIj.jpg

Okay, I see his gendarme's hat and hand holding a policeman's baton. Will we get a second outfit?

What is that second hat?

Great point that third hat may be from the original film and "A Shot in the Dark". He wore a different hat in the 70's films which is the more known hat.

The kepi and truncheon for this scene?

The scene that always make me laugh is the inflatable parrot:

"Thar she blows!"

The original film wasn't often very funny, but the running zebra always gets me (at 1:30):

"Any more behaviour like this and I'll have your stripes!" :lol

watch

The first Pink Panther was not really funny, that's why Clouseau stole the movie.

But A Shot in the Dark is a pure classic. My favorite, because it maintained a mystery crime-solving angle to balance the comedy.

The first Pink Panther was not really funny, that's why Clouseau stole the movie.

But A Shot in the Dark is a pure classic. My favorite, because it maintained a mystery crime-solving angle to balance the comedy.

A Shot in the Dark was really good.

I've just finished rewatching the six Peter Sellers films. I then tried Curse of the Pink Panther, but that wasn't easy to get through. Sellers was a genius, so even Roger Moore as Clouseau fell flat.

Still, not as awful as the two Steve Martin films which completely miss the mark at almost every point (apart from farting in the 'sound proof' recording booth!)

Artie Lange said Steve Martin did more to kill comedy with his last few films than most, citing his completely unnecessary and tone deaf remakes of these flicks. How anyone could think they could add anything to a Sellers' performance is beyond me. To bring this around to the point, this release is very exciting for the figure itself and future possibilities.

Still, not as awful as the two Steve Martin films which completely miss the mark at almost every point (apart from farting in the 'sound proof' recording booth!)

For some reason I have an overwhelming desire to display Clouseau with my West and Ward Batman and Robin. Maybe they could swap bomb stories...

For some reason I have an overwhelming desire to display Clouseau with my West and Ward Batman and Robin. Maybe they could swap bomb stories...

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a behm."

:lol

The world's greatest detective... and Inspector Clouseau.

Tough to beat "does your dog bite?" for most people...

Or "But that's a priceless Steinway"... "Not anymore"

But I think I laughed loudest in Return of the Pink Panther during the slo-mo shots of Clouseau sailing over Kato's head, the way the slo-mo sound of his screaming changed perspective as the shots changed, particularly the close-up that moves with him though the air.

I also love in ASITD when he's interrogating the group and a woman suddenly shrieks... because he's stepped on her foot. ASITD is full of little silly gems like that.

My favourite scenes in A Shot in the Dark are also the quick cuts to the back of the police van as it speeds through Paris with the sirens blaring, Clouseau having been arrested again for another bungled stakeout... so simple in execuction but funny every time. The Panther movies are timeless and the supporting actors were also great in their respective roles, especially Herbert Lom and Burt Kwouk as Kato.

Last edited:
Still, not as awful as the two Steve Martin films which completely miss the mark at almost every point

The biggest issues with Steve Martin's portrayal, is that he portrayed Clouseau as being totally oblivious... doing stupid, destructive things, and not even realizing it in the moment, or the consequences (eg., smashing into cars while parking, etc..).

Sellers' Clouseau was always very self aware. Part of the comedy was that he realized when he was screwing up, but would desperately try to fix the situation, but maintain dignity at the same time. Just fantastic.

The biggest issues with Steve Martin's portrayal, is that he portrayed Clouseau as being totally oblivious... doing stupid, destructive things, and not even realizing it in the moment, or the consequences (eg., smashing into cars while parking, etc..).

Sellers' Clouseau was always very self aware. Part of the comedy was that he realized when he was screwing up, but would desperately try to fix the situation, but maintain dignity at the same time. Just fantastic.

:exactly:

"Yes, I kneuw that... I kneuw that."

:lol

There's very little comedy that's actually laugh out loud, especially today, but there were some genuinely funny moments and lines in the series.

A few times Sellers breaks the fourth wall and looks directly into the camera, and there's a 'knowing' quality to the character that sets him aside from the simple slapstick of Martin.

There's a benign narcissism to Clouseau, which is so often at odds with his natural abilities. Similar to Arthur Lowe's Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army. When things go wrong they have to blame somebody else or something else, such as "the architecture" !

Sellers was a genius. His idol was Alec Guinness and he always aspired to be an Alec Guinness and play serious parts, but rarely got the chance. When he did he really showed his full range.

Back