Indy IV POSITIVE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I salute you, Entropy!

And I hope you find it in your heart to love much more of this film one day. It's not underserving, you know. :)

I've said it before, there is much to enjoy in the film. Some beautiful shots, some fun moments with characters I've loved for a long time. I'm not all doom and gloom about this picture, though I have harped about its weaknesses more. As flawed as I think the story is, it was great to see our beloved Indy back in another adventure!

Going back to see it for a 3rd time tonite.

One rumor I noticed a few months ago was that Lucasfilm would not distribute this movie in digital. Alot of posts were dissappointed and so was I, but I caught it digitally just last night. Sorry if this old news but I just wanted to make a point of how much better and clearer the film looked in digital. It didn't take away anything in the nostalgia factor and really complemented the sweeping scenery shots of the Jungles of Peru and the Nevada Deserts. The opening shots inside of Area 51 looked that much better because they weren't as dark/blurry. I already enjoyed this movie and now just that more so.

Me and the Mrs went to see it at a Cinema in the UK and we both loved it.

She actually asked to go and see it - so thats a first.

I kind of liked the way that the torch was passed to Indys son at the end.

Brilliant and a superb UK actor - Ray Winstone shone like a diamond in it (as always).

Go and see it you wont be dissapointed.

Thumbs up!!

Just got back from seeing it and like the rest of you in this thread, LOVED IT!!!! Alot of great stuff in it like the ants, the opening with the old Paramount logo, the bike/car chase, the jungle chase, the snake scene, i could go on. I also thought Shia did a good job and it was nice to see Marion again. There were a couple of things i didn't like (not a negative thing for the movie) was Indy being accused of being a Communist and Mac, that backstabbing bastard. But Shia's "Tarzan" moment was a bit much, though. And tonight was the first time in awhile that i had a smile on my face through pretty much the entier movie:D Can't wait to see it again.... and again.... and again.... and again.... and again....

Oh, and as an added bonus, they showed the trailer for Eagle Eye:rock

Last edited:
I was avoiding spoilers here on the board so had no idea there was so much negativity. Rottentomatoes is at 79%, so it must be the fans more than the critics that are hating on it.

As I've posted in the other threads - I liked it a lot. Spielberg still has a lot of kid in him - he has no real inner censor - if he thinks it will be cool, he'll do it whether anyone else thinks it's cool or not. M. Night Shyamalan is a lot like this but not nearly as successfully.

But this is a different kind of Indy and making it a more sci-fi mcguffin rather than a supernatural one, seems to have alienated (pun intended) a lot of Indy fans. I thought I was going to hate Mutt (just as Indy seems to want to hate him) but I ended up liking him. I was ready to accept him putting on the hat at the end - but I was also glad when Indy took it back.

I agree--I was expecting Shia to be the kind of goofy (as in Transformers) sidekick that was going to get on my nerves. But they made him fairly endearing and capable, and I enjoyed seeing the two of them work together.

I saw it this afternoon and loved it. I also got a big grin on my face when Indy said "I have a bad feeling about this"

I agree--I was expecting Shia to be the kind of goofy (as in Transformers) sidekick that was going to get on my nerves. But they made him fairly endearing and capable, and I enjoyed seeing the two of them work together.

Same here... I was worried it would be too jokey a character, but they gave him a lot of depth and emotion to really make him interesting to watch. Like Dave, I was almost ready to see him in the hat too... Just to see if it suited him. But was happy when Indy pulled it away. Great scene too.

And like IronFingaz, I was smiling from ear to ear for pretty much the entire movie. I really loved it. I think that's why I have been defending it so much, because I just had such a great time watching it and couldn't wrap my mind around someone hating it. But as Dave said, I think the sci-fi MacGuffin alienated a lot of people and it didn't fit in their minds with what an Indy movie should contain. Many people who didn't like it when they left the theater today and yesterday, that was the major complaint. There were some people who brought up the monkey bit, but most were about the aliens.

I'm really excited to see it again. I know I will probably go and watch it at least 2 more times... just because I can for free. But even if I were paying, I'd still catch it one more time. Such an enjoyable experience at the theater. :rock

Another thing - both Raiders and Crusade the supernatural element only came up at the very end of the film. The rest of the film is very straightforward action adventure. But with this one, the effect of the skull is very present through a large part of the film. It drives Ox crazy and influences Indy. So perhaps that has something to do with why people are so against the McGuffin.

I thought I was going to hate Mutt (just as Indy seems to want to hate him) but I ended up liking him. I was ready to accept him putting on the hat at the end - but I was also glad when Indy took it back.

Agree 100%, I almost felt embarassed when it flashed into my mind "I'd see Indy 5 if the next movie starred him" :lol

I guess I don't get the big deal about it being a extraterrestrial artifact vs a religious one. I think they handled it well and it didn't take away from the Indy feel. But this time instead of an item being imbued with a known deities power, we got it from an inter-dimensional traveler... whose to say they didn't give the arc its powers too :monkey3

I was avoiding spoilers here on the board so had no idea there was so much negativity. Rottentomatoes is at 79%, so it must be the fans more than the critics that are hating on it.

As I've posted in the other threads - I liked it a lot. Spielberg still has a lot of kid in him - he has no real inner censor - if he thinks it will be cool, he'll do it whether anyone else thinks it's cool or not. M. Night Shyamalan is a lot like this but not nearly as successfully.

But this is a different kind of Indy and making it a more sci-fi mcguffin rather than a supernatural one, seems to have alienated (pun intended) a lot of Indy fans. I thought I was going to hate Mutt (just as Indy seems to want to hate him) but I ended up liking him. I was ready to accept him putting on the hat at the end - but I was also glad when Indy took it back.

That was odd to me at first, but when I thought about Spielberg and Lucas wanting the movies to feel like movies made of that time period the whole aliens thing makes sense. I mean really that is the essence of the Indiana Jones franchise imo.

Second time and like Fingaz & Josh I was smiling ear 2 ear. Maybe I'm just some stupid movie fan but I enjoyed it. Thought it was a good movie and I plan on seeing it at least 1 more time before it gets done in the theaters.

Yea, the second time around was even better than the first for me too. I even saw it both times the same day :lol

Roger Ebert said:
Indiana Jones himself is so laid back he sometimes seems to be watching the movie with us. He's happy to be aboard, just as long, of course, as he can stay in the boat/truck/airplane.

:D

Ebert is great--I like that part.

Back