Indy IV POSITIVE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely loved the kind of bookend shots - Indy observing the mushroom cloud / UFO takeoff. The difference between what humans and this strange but benevolent race do with their knowledge.

Whoa! Great observation. Didn't really put it together like that but now I'm like 'Duh!'

Don't know about anyone else but I really liked the opening of the film...the take off of the orginal Indy opening shot of the Paramount mountain...into the gopher hill was really great stuff.

Glad to see folks really enjoyed the film, really can't understand the anger some folks are feeling.

Evan

I am struggling with the same thing Josh.This movie was great and I think there are a lot of jaded fanboys in the world who over analyze everything.

That's kind of where I'm going now is there are a lot of people who let 20 years of expectations build up. Same way many did with the SW PT.

Why is everyone in this thread suddenly named Josh?

Not you, though, Mr. Orc sir. :)

Its a good name. Everyone should join in. :lol

We Josh's are a many peopled tribe.... And we seem to be in agreement. :lol

Yup, people should not underestimate the power of the Josh's. :lol

Anyone who understood what was up with the aliens care to explain in the spoiler thread?

The history & explanation of the artifacts in the previous Indy films all were fairly clear and well laid out. This one not so much.

Just saw it again as well. I loved the movie the first time but now after the second viewing it just got a hundred times better! Man cant wait to see this again. Never had this much fun in a movie theater. :chew

Good thread!
It took me a couple of times seeing it to shake off the newness of it, but once that was done, I love it. I have about decided I like it more than LC, and in some ways, more than TOD, but those only stay ahead due to pure out Indy action, and that is not Harrison's fault for being older.
And, for what it's worth, neither the monkeys nor the prairie dogs bothered me at all. LOVE the ants! Wicked stuff! Best of all though is all the dead bodies everywhere. That was a hoot. Gruff had it right from the get go, this is indeed, an Indiana Jones movie. It is different, but aren't they all, from each other? So, go with it.

Didn't know it was so negative in other threads. Haven't been in and posting much, so I'll keep my comments in here. Easy enough.

Great post Les. I truly believe that with repeat viewings, people's expectations will fall away and they will appreciate the movie for what it is. Just another Indy film, with a twist.

I'm still pumped to see it again, waiting on my parents to confirm a time. :lol

LOVED IT!! I really liked the alien angle, even though that scene at the end pretty much lost HALF the audience. Maybe it's my whole "I want to believe" mentality. Shia did a great job, and I loved John Hurt. Great scene when Shia is riding the bike and Indy is in the back - a true homage to the LC motorcycle scene with Ford and Connery. Gorgeous scenery, and the golden throne room at the end was the best eye candy i've seen in a long time.

Now make me an Indy figure with a crystal skull!!

LOVED IT!! I really liked the alien angle, even though that scene at the end pretty much lost HALF the audience. Maybe it's my whole "I want to believe" mentality. Shia did a great job, and I loved John Hurt. Great scene when Shia is riding the bike and Indy is in the back - a true homage to the LC motorcycle scene with Ford and Connery. Gorgeous scenery, and the golden throne room at the end was the best eye candy i've seen in a long time.

Now make me an Indy figure with a crystal skull!!

Yea! That's what I'm talking about! The motorcycle chase was one of the best scenes. I think the reason why sooooo many people love that scene is because if you compare it to the other scenes, the motorcycle chase uses zero (or very little, I didn't see any) CGI. It was like classic Indy all over again.

But then you have the car chase scene in the jungle, and while it was still completely awesome, you could tell a lot of it was CGI, which is not classic Indy.

i've found my thread!!! At last I can breathe...

Say it long and say it proud - I LOVED KOTCS!!! :chew:chew:chew

My fave Indy film after Raiders, seriously. Atom bomb/fridge - loved it. Prarie dogs - loved them. Sword fighting on trucks, riding off cliffs - LOVED IT! KILLER F'N ANTS! YEAH, BABY! CHRIST, I EVEN LOVED THE F'N ALIENS!!!! :emperor

Got tickets to see this baby again next Wednesday. I'm actually EXCITED! Somebody STOP me...

I also loved the look Indy gave Mutt (irritation---disapproving) when he was so happy about Marcus' statue head falling into through the commie's windshield and into his lap--- so much like Indy's look of satsifaction in Crusade when they're ALSO on the bike having just escaped and instead of pride Connery's Jones Sr. looks bored and checks the time. Different emotions but a nice moment to link the generations.

One more thing I loved...Shia's entrance. I loved that he was all Brando'd up, even with the hat. Nice homage.

I thought the lighting and shot composition throughout the film were nicely done. The iconic shadow of the man in the hat was great to see. The opening with Indy putting on his hat, standing staring at the abomb, and Indy being held captive in the Soviet camp with his shadow on the netting come to mind.

I salute you, Entropy!

And I hope you find it in your heart to love much more of this film one day. It's not underserving, you know. :)

Back