Indy IV POSITIVE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know for me as an adult I was thinking man I want to be an archaeologist. The showing before mine I saw 4 of my students come out and they had huge smiles on their faces telling me how awesome the film was.

Josh, you nailed it man. I wholeheartedly agree with you. For me, Indy has always been best in his element... clue to clue, searching tombs. :rock

Indy has always reminded me a bit of my Dad, so the touches on his own mortality in this film really hit home for me. All in all, I was impressed and very happy to go and see this again later this weekend. :rock

Glad to read you enjoyed it so much josh. I'm just stuggling to see where this film could be as bad as some are saying.

Glad to read you enjoyed it so much josh. I'm just stuggling to see where this film could be as bad as some are saying.

I am struggling with the same thing Josh.This movie was great and I think there are a lot of jaded fanboys in the world who over analyze everything.

just got back from seeing it and i thought it was awesome. over the top and far out sure but it's supposed to be. i was entertained the whole time and it felt like indy to me.

Isn't it safe to say everyone (bitter fanboys) already had their minds made up before they marched into the theater?

I guess the SW prequels bruised everyone pretty badly.

Props to Photoshopmagician for a worthy thread. I loved Crystal Skull, I think it fits right into the greatest film saga of all time, and I'm actually a little excited about the possibility of Indy 5.

Now bring on the toys!

It's the hive mind. :D

Funny thing is, as I was leaving the theater... I thought. Dusty must be playing tricks with us. This movie was great. I was seriously expecting to come on here and see a thread full of happy Indy fans. I was obviously mistaken.

But I'm glad I am at least not alone. My Wife loved it too. She thought the monkeys were a bit much, but she loved it. :rock

Thanks for thinking of this thread, photoshopmagician. It's a relief to escape all that venom. People who don't like it are much more passionate about it than people who like it, it seems. Whew. It was getting hot in that other thread.

I think one or two people have taken a story structure class who maybe shouldn't have bothered...Robert McKee and Syd Field have a lot to answer for...:google

I just saw it today and I wasn't even going to post anything because of all the Model Fanboy Behavior Pattern (obsess obsess obsess, hate hate hate) that's growing on trees around here. So, a BIG thank you to photoshopmagician for creating this thread.
In a nutshell I really, really enjoyed it. It surpassed my mild expectations by a long shot and I thought the truck chase/sword fight in particular stands out to me as Spielberg really getting all over a sequence like only he can.
Before I say anything else I want to go back and read the thread so I'm not repeating anyone.

The odd thing is, as I read over the bile being spewed in the other thread and the blatant stupidity on display over at AICN, I began to like the movie more and more.

The longer I've lived with what it is as opposed to what I thought I wanted/what I thought it was going to be, the more I realize just how much I enjoyed it.

It's no Raiders, but for the love of God, if that's your litmus test for whether or not you'll enjoy a movie, then I feel bad for you. Let us know the next time you see a movie that measures up, cause that's definitely a flick I'm gonna want to see!

KOTCS is great. Big time Hollywood fun. Bring on Indy 5!

Really enjoyed it was well. My expectations were lowered but I really left with a smile on my face. Girlfriend loved it too and wants to see it again!

It's not Raiders but I guess I didn't expect it to be. Lucas and Spielberg have always made movies that appealed to them and this is no exception. You get the sense that everyone making the movie really had a great time and it shows.

I actually liked the alien element... Also liked that they weren't from 'another planet'. I really thought Spielberg was going to explore this 'dimension' idea in War Of the Worlds but glad we toyed with it here.

I also liked that the movie was really a rescue mission more than a artifact quest.

Has anyone mentioned the "blowing the dart back into his mouth" scene? Classic "Indy" and Spielberg moment.

There were so many effortless, great shots though out the movie. I think we often take them for granted.

Really hate when people get into "Iron Man is better than this..." mode. Loved them both and think it's going to be a great Summer! Great time to be a movie fan!

I really loved that the true treasure was knowledge. It gave resonance to the "finish school" gag.
I absolutely loved the kind of bookend shots - Indy observing the mushroom cloud / UFO takeoff. The difference between what humans and this strange but benevolent race do with their knowledge.
The humans have a warehouse filled with dangerous artifacts they've hoarded, the "aliens" have a temple crammed with artwork.
The key villain is killed by attaining knowledge that the human mind is not ready for.
Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were so many effortless, great shots though out the movie. I think we often take them for granted.

Good ol' Steven is a master at composing beautiful, effective shots. Effortless is a great word, that's exactly what it's like. The man's visual storytelling acumen is unmatched.

Not only that, but he can deliver a splashy showcase image like no one else. The shot of Indy's silhouette standing in front of the mushroom cloud is awesome. :rock

It was everything i thought it would be. I knew when it was announced it would not live up to the old ones. It was flawed, funny, lame, cool, and Most of all Indy.

I'd give it a 7/10

I'm not a huge Indy fan, but i liked the old ones enough. I gotta say i had an enjoyable ride.(but i didn't expect a whole lot so i dunno if that had something to do with it or not)

Back